• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Chaos reigns as the Rangers travel to face the Asterisks in H-Town: 7/23-25

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd be shocked if Gallo got a 7/210 deal from anyone. But I also think Gallo would take a smaller deal from the Rangers than he could potentially get on the market.
I really doubt the market sees him at this rate. Surely a lot of this is measurable

I think he is worth keeping him as long as we are not strapped. Will have to pay a reasonable salary to some player at some point. Is the time right? Or is the player right? Is Gallo considered a winning piece? I think so but think we need players better than him especially when game is on the line.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really doubt the market sees him at this rate. Surely a lot of this is measurable

I think he is worth keeping him as long as we are not strapped. Will have to pay a reasonable salary to some player at some point. Is the time right? Or is the player right? Is Gallo considered a winning piece? I think so but think we need players better than him especially when game is on the line.
If we want a gold glove RF then pay him accordingly. As far as a top notch hitter as some believe, no.

BULLPEN FAILURE

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He's a piece that could contribute to a winning team, given certain circumstances.

Put it this way: I have faith that Joey would make a game-changing play on defense in a big game. I have zero faith he delivers a big hit when needed in a big game. Obviously defense is important (we'd have a Championship here if a better defender is in RF), but you have to look at Joey's offense through a particular lens in order to see it as good, and no one pays $30m a year for that.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's a piece that could contribute to a winning team, given certain circumstances.

Put it this way: I have faith that Joey would make a game-changing play on defense in a big game. I have zero faith he delivers a big hit when needed in a big game. Obviously defense is important (we'd have a Championship here if a better defender is in RF), but you have to look at Joey's offense through a particular lens in order to see it as good, and no one pays $30m a year for that.
How right you are.

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

According to ESPN.com’s Jeff Passan, the Rays “have had preliminary discussions about” Max Scherzer and Kris Bryant, while FanSided’s Robert Murray reports that the Rays are also one of the teams who have spoken to the Rangers about right-hander Kyle Gibson.

Rays Interested In Max Scherzer, Kris Bryant, Kyle Gibson​

July 27th, 2021 at 10:01am CST • By Mark Polishuk
The Rays have already made one big pre-deadline splash in acquiring Nelson Cruz, and more major names seem to be on Tampa’s radar. According to ESPN.com’s Jeff Passan, the Rays “have had preliminary discussions about” Max Scherzer and Kris Bryant, while FanSided’s Robert Murray reports that the Rays are also one of the teams who have spoken to the Rangers about right-hander Kyle Gibson.
As always with Tampa Bay, payroll will be a critical factor in any acquisition, particularly since all of these players represent larger financial commitments than the Rays are usually willing to make. As Passan notes, however, the Rays’ deep farm system can act as a counterweight to those salaries — the Nationals, Cubs, or Rangers could possibly cover most or all of the remaining salaries for their trade chips if the Rays were willing to include some of their higher-tier minor leaguers. It can be reasonably assumed that Wander Franco is untouchable in trade talks, but beyond that, the Rays could be willing to budge on other noteworthy prospects if it meant landing a player that could help them win a World Series.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

According to ESPN.com’s Jeff Passan, the Rays “have had preliminary discussions about” Max Scherzer and Kris Bryant, while FanSided’s Robert Murray reports that the Rays are also one of the teams who have spoken to the Rangers about right-hander Kyle Gibson.
Show us a deal

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Gibson is #9
Gallo is #11
Kennedy is #22

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Of course he could contribute if he had other winning pieces and of course he should not be paid as a franchise player. And he is unproven as a clutch player, Garcia has obviously done more this year

The question is do we want to keep him if the price is right. But his offense is not negligible despite strikeouts which I expect from a slugger and can tolerate if his OPS is good.

I am not getting this particular lens statement though. The old Gibson Cards won with a Punch and Judy offense and elite pitching

BULLPEN FAILURE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course he could contribute if he had other winning pieces and of course he should not be paid as a franchise player. And he is unproven as a clutch player, Garcia has obviously done more this year

The question is do we want to keep him if the price is right. But his offense is not negligible despite strikeouts which I expect from a slugger and can tolerate if his OPS is good.

I am not getting this particular lens statement though. The old Gibson Cards won with a Punch and Judy offense and elite pitching

Meaning some of Joey's stats are good, some aren't so good, some would be better if there wasn't a shift, etc.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No matter what the price is if he does not help the team any more than any average player. Move him and hope to benefit.

BULLPEN FAILURE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No matter what the price is if he does not help the team any more than any average player. Move him and hope to benefit.

Would you take any deal for him, or do you expect a certain level of return?

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would you take any deal for him, or do you expect a certain level of return?
A certain level of course. I have never had a problem as a GGRF. He does not give the team offense as fans expect so why not move on and offense is badly needed. Some prospects may provide a opportunity. Who knows?

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A certain level of course. I have never had a problem as a GGRF. He does not give the team offense as fans expect so why not move on and offense is badly needed. Some prospects may provide a opportunity. Who knows?
would you do this:

Yankees Get: Joey Gallo​

Rangers Get: No. 2 prospect Clarke Schmidt, No. 14 prospect Josh Smith and No. 17 prospect Everson Pereira​

BULLPEN FAILURE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
would you do this:

Rangers Get: No. 2 prospect Clarke Schmidt, No. 14 prospect Josh Smith and No. 17 prospect Everson Pereira​

none of those seem really appealing to me

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
would you do this:

Yes if No.2 was picked for his offense.