• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Chaos reigns as the Rangers travel to face the Asterisks in H-Town: 7/23-25

DTC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Padres just made a trade to acquire Adam Frazier from the Pirates. I’m sure that takes them out of the Joey Gallo Sweep Stakes
Their #5 prospect and a player who is doing decent in AA and a relief pitcher in the minors.

One could argue Gallo is worth more than Frazier, wonder what we could get.
Blue jays, Yankees or someone else?

Duane1952

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bases loaded, no outs...

Padres just made a trade to acquire Adam Frazier from the Pirates. I’m sure that takes them out of the Joey Gallo Sweep Stakes
I'm concerned that JD and the owners will do nothing during the trade deadline to make this team better for the future.

DTC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm concerned that JD and the owners will do nothing during the trade deadline to make this team better for the future.
I hope you’re wrong..
I’d much rather trade Gallo and Gibson now and actually acquire some top tier talent rather than next deadline and get back some mediocre prospects with low ceilings

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope you’re wrong..
I’d much rather trade Gallo and Gibson now and actually acquire some top tier talent rather than next deadline and get back some mediocre prospects with low ceilings
i'm afraid they will give him an extension

DTC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i'm afraid they will give him an extension
I wouldn’t mind a team friendly extension. Like an additional 4 years/$80 million so that we could have him for another 5 years after this year. I mean that’s better than a prospect who might not pan out.
Gallo is streaky but I feel he would be a lot better if he had a better supporting cast in front of and behind him. Also if the line up was better we wouldn’t miss him so much when he goes into a funk. His OBP, Arm, And power make him pretty darn valuable. WRC+ is nice. WAR is nice. Defense is nice.
It’s just those damn easy strikeouts that get me lol.. like his first AB today. 3 straight fastballs 90 mph 90mph 91 mph and he struck out as if he had no idea where the ball was.
Like dude has monster power. Just calm down and try a little more of the contact approach and a little less power. If he could turn 1/10th of his strikeouts into doubles he’d be an MVP no doubt

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn’t mind a team friendly extension. Like an additional 4 years/$80 million so that we could have him for another 5 years after this year. I mean that’s better than a prospect who might not pan out.
Gallo is streaky but I feel he would be a lot better if he had a better supporting cast in front of and behind him. Also if the line up was better we wouldn’t miss him so much when he goes into a funk. His OBP, Arm, And power make him pretty darn valuable. WRC+ is nice. WAR is nice. Defense is nice.
I doubt Gallo and Boras would even consider that. Maybe 4 years $140M

DTC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt Gallo and Boras would even consider that. Maybe 4 years $140M

yeah that’s a no from me haha
I would like to avoid any monster contracts for a player like Gallo. A little to in his own head.
I say act like the Rays but with an advantage to sign really good players on somewhat decent deals in FA.

Duane1952

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s just those damn easy strikeouts that get me lol.. like his first AB today. 3 straight fastballs 90 mph 90mph 91 mph and he struck out as if he had no idea where the ball was.
Like dude has monster power. Just calm down and try a little more of the contact approach and a little less power. If he could turn 1/10th of his strikeouts into doubles he’d be an MVP no doubt
You're dreaming if you think Boras will accept 20 million a year.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many more days til the trade deadline