• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Chaos Championship Week

Mike A. S.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just for chaos' sake, what would happen if:

A) Georgia beats LSU
B) Virginia beats Clemson
C) Wisconsin beats OSU
D) Oregon beats Utah
E) Baylor beats Oklahoma

My guess at that point would be:

1) Georgia, 2) LSU, 3) Ohio State, 4) Baylor

I think Georgia, LSU and Ohio State would all end up easily in the field (although seeds would be difficult to determine). And then the fourth spot would come down to Clemson or Baylor.

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Committee comes to their senses and makes Auburn the #1 seed.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

A) Georgia beats LSU
C) Wisconsin beats OSU
D) Oregon beats Utah
E) Baylor beats Oklahoma

I think Georgia, LSU and Ohio State would all end up easily in the field (although seeds would be difficult to determine). And then the fourth spot would come down to Clemson or Baylor.
Seeding would be difficult, but those would easily be the top 4 teams. Too bad for Wisconsin they had to blow it against Illinois.

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
E) Baylor beats Oklahoma

tenor.gif

Twiztidbuck

Hoopla Cash
$ 890.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Committee rewards the 2 teams that won there last game.
1. Georgia
2. Baylor
3. LSU
4. Buckeyes

Mike A. S.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do Georgia wins and their “prize” is a massively pissed off tOSU?
I don't think the committee will care about how angry teams are when seeding the playoff teams.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably

UGA
OSU
LSU
Baylor

Although i could make a strong argument for Wisconsin over Baylor for the 4 seed even with their 2 losses

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably

UGA
OSU
LSU
Baylor

Although i could make a strong argument for Wisconsin over Baylor for the 4 seed even with their 2 losses

Yeah it would be close but Baylor would probably get in but...

Baylor would have beaten only one ranked team currently in the top 25 and that would be Oklahoma in CCG. Only loss to that same Oklahoma team. So the resume wouldn't be that impressive. Wisky would have the best win but that Illinois loss would be hovering and something they probably can't recover from.

Wisconsin would have 4 top 25 wins compared to Baylor only having one. Ohio St #1, Iowa, Michigan and Minnesota. Much stronger resume.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah it would be close but Baylor would probably get in but...

Baylor would have beaten only one ranked team currently in the top 25 and that would be Oklahoma in CCG. Only loss to that same Oklahoma team. So the resume wouldn't be that impressive. Wisky would have the best win but that Illinois loss would be hovering and something they probably can't recover from.

Wisconsin would have 4 top 25 wins compared to Baylor only having one. Ohio St #1, Iowa, Michigan and Minnesota. Much stronger resume.
Plus better SoS,better computer numbers, far more wins vs .500+ teams. I agree Baylor probably still gets in but it wouldnt be a slam dunk. Most CFB fans would take Wisky to beat Baylor if they played tomorrow and ultimately the committee is supposed to pick the 4 best teams

Mike A. S.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Plus better SoS,better computer numbers, far more wins vs .500+ teams. I agree Baylor probably still gets in but it wouldnt be a slam dunk. Most CFB fans would take Wisky to beat Baylor if they played tomorrow and ultimately the committee is supposed to pick the 4 best teams
There's always a fine line between legit "4 best teams" and "4 most deserving teams" though. For example, Alabama might still actually be one of the 4-most talented teams. And Clemson too, even if they lost to Virginia. But Alabama clearly doesn't deserve a CFP spot this year. And Clemson probably doesn't either if they lose to UVA. But I agree that an "eye test" should be worth something as well.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's always a fine line between legit "4 best teams" and "4 most deserving teams" though. For example, Alabama might still actually be one of the 4-most talented teams. And Clemson too, even if they lost to Virginia. But Alabama clearly doesn't deserve a CFP spot this year. And Clemson probably doesn't either if they lose to UVA. But I agree that an "eye test" should be worth something as well.
Sure but when comparing Wisky to Baylor in this scenario you can easily argue Wisky is both better AND more deserving. Do wins over OSU, Minnesota, Iowa and Michigan ( all likely top 15ish teams ) compensate for ths extra loss vs Illinois? What do you think Baylors record would be if they had played the Badgers schedule ? Youre not wrong but im just saying having 1 loss instead of 2 doesnt autpmatically make you more deserving.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

A) Georgia beats LSU
C) Wisconsin beats OSU
D) Oregon beats Utah
E) Baylor beats Oklahoma

Committee kicks Clemson out, but flies Dabo out to Cali to put out the wildfires with his man-tears.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keep rubbing that salt in...
You realize that you sons of bitches could be in play for a playoff spot if you beat OSU?

But noooooo, we're gonna shit, piss, and puke all over ourselves against ILLINOIS.

kburjr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You realize that you sons of bitches could be in play for a playoff spot if you beat OSU?

But noooooo, we're gonna shit, piss, and puke all over ourselves against ILLINOIS.

That 4th qtr against Illinois will be a nightmare for a long time.