• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Changes on offense ?

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not sure this is official yet

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Good

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jay gruden is stil calling the plays

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jay gruden is stil calling the plays

Exactly!! Jay will be coaching for his job this year, the organization seemingly has learned from Shanahan and McVay in promoting O'Connell, thus putting a value on him. The question in my mind is, since he will have final say in game planning and he's a disciple of RPO, ( the popular thing now) does he become a candidate to replace Gruden in future years?

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly!! Jay will be coaching for his job this year, the organization seemingly has learned from Shanahan and McVay in promoting O'Connell, thus putting a value on him. The question in my mind is, since he will have final say in game planning and he's a disciple of RPO, ( the popular thing now) does he become a candidate to replace Gruden in future years?
Huge ego's we are talking about here. I highly doubt O'Connell has much input when it comes to calling plays on game day. I'm sure he will have input during the week and that's were it will end.
On that note, how was McVay's play calling yesterday?

Skins2021

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Huge ego's we are talking about here. I highly doubt O'Connell has much input when it comes to calling plays on game day. I'm sure he will have input during the week and that's were it will end.

you mean in the SUPERBOWL?

sorry slick this spin is not going to work

Skins2021

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No spin here you TROLL

I get it. You are a skins apologist with his head up his ass but no way will a perceptibly bad game (very well could have been execution) exonerate the skins from allowing, what appears at this point, a potentially once in a generation type head coach leave the building

Oh and he’s younger then our TE. Rams only got him for the next 30 or so years

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I
I get it. You are a skins apologist with his head up his ass but no way will a perceptibly bad game (very well could have been execution) exonerate the skins from allowing, what appears at this point, a potentially once in a generation type head coach leave the building

Oh and he’s younger then our TE. Rams only got him for the next 30 or so years
its kinda revisionist history you are pushing here. The skins just made the playoffs with Gruden at the helm . How do you justify letting him go at that time ? You can’t . The rams offer mcvay the HC position so by rule they could do nothing but let him go after he was allowed to interview .

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Damn. You really gonna hold that against him? By my count Goff missed on 1 for sure TD to Cooks when he was late throwing to him and with no real estate left for Cooks (he should've came back to that ball as well instead of waiting on it) allowed McCourty the opportunity to defend that pass. The play Romo pointed out when Goff went deep left to Cooks. He had Woods wide open on a crossing route and Reynolds I think it was wide open down the middle of the field. He hits him in stride and I think that's an easy 6. Cooks also dropped what I thought should've been a TD.

Nah, McVay's play calling wasn't great, not by a damn sight. I don't think you can place the loss squarely on him though. His biggest fuck-up imo was single covering Edelman too much. He was eatin everyone up including Talib in single coverage

Oh and that bullshit penalty that they royally fucked up on when calling it on NE's first possession. They need to do away with that auto first down shit particularly on those 5 yard penalties. if its 5 yards on less for a 1st, cool, but rewarding a team in 3rd n long an auto first dn on a funky ass 5 yard penalty is somer bullshit.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn. You really gonna hold that against him? By my count Goff missed on 1 for sure TD to Cooks when he was late throwing to him and with no real estate left for Cooks (he should've came back to that ball as well instead of waiting on it) allowed McCourty the opportunity to defend that pass. The play Romo pointed out when Goff went deep left to Cooks. He had Woods wide open on a crossing route and Reynolds I think it was wide open down the middle of the field. He hits him in stride and I think that's an easy 6. Cooks also dropped what I thought should've been a TD.

Nah, McVay's play calling wasn't great, not by a damn sight. I don't think you can place the loss squarely on him though. His biggest fuck-up imo was single covering Edelman too much. He was eatin everyone up including Talib in single coverage

Oh and that bullshit penalty that they royally fucked up on when calling it on NE's first possession. They need to do away with that auto first down shit particularly on those 5 yard penalties. if its 5 yards on less for a 1st, cool, but rewarding a team in 3rd n long an auto first dn on a funky ass 5 yard penalty is somer bullshit.

I hardly think that the Rams are in a position to bitch about officiating. Give credit where it is due - the Pats beat them & - as always - did just enough to win. I am no fan of the Pats, but you have to give credit where it is due.

In terms of McVay's coaching on Sun - big deal. A 2nd year QB & GM are going to have problems going up against a coach & QB who are in their 9th SB. That was huge advantage for the Pats. McVay will no doubt learn from this experience & I think it is a pretty safe bet that he will be coaching in another SB. However I don't blame the Redskins in this case. As Skinsdad alluded to it would not really have made sense for the Redskins to dump Gruden & promote McVay a few years ago. Hindsight is always 20/20.

Again - time to stop worrying about what didn't happen in the past. Rather the Redskins need to learn from their mistakes & try to emulate teams like the Rams and Pats (which they probably won't).

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ungrateful bastards didn’t deserve to win. First of all shouldn’t have even been playing in it (officiating) and second they were talking about pulling a philly move as far ask the traditional White House visit

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ungrateful bastards didn’t deserve to win. First of all shouldn’t have even been playing in it (officiating) and second they were talking about pulling a philly move as far ask the traditional White House visit

NP. They get the consolation prize - a visit to Maxine Water's $5M mansion that is nowhere near her rotting district.

Skins2021

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I

its kinda revisionist history you are pushing here. The skins just made the playoffs with Gruden at the helm . How do you justify letting him go at that time ? You can’t . The rams offer mcvay the HC position so by rule they could do nothing but let him go after he was allowed to interview .

I mean is it too much to ask the franchise to have future foresight? Just one time?

They absolutely loved Mcvay inside the building. They loved him enough to promote him to OC at a very young age. They knew they had something...

Gruden was also with the franchise for a few years at that point so they knew what they had in him as well or at least a pretty good idea.

It also isnt unheard of. Not as successful but recently the Bucs fired semi successful Lovie Smith to promote Koetter out of fear of losing Koetter....

Skins would not have been setting a precedent, but I guess its just too much to ask of the franchise to have any foresight even one time.

Skins2021

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

A little bit of context

He's a Snyder/Allen/Redskins apologist with his head up his ass.

Calling out 32 y/o Mcvays play calling in the SUPERBOWL as to somehow justify the skins not looking like total trash is a reach considering they havent even won a playoff game in a long long time let alone sniffed the lombardi

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean is it too much to ask the franchise to have future foresight? Just one time?

They absolutely loved Mcvay inside the building. They loved him enough to promote him to OC at a very young age. They knew they had something...

Gruden was also with the franchise for a few years at that point so they knew what they had in him as well or at least a pretty good idea.

It also isnt unheard of. Not as successful but recently the Bucs fired semi successful Lovie Smith to promote Koetter out of fear of losing Koetter....

Skins would not have been setting a precedent, but I guess its just too much to ask of the franchise to have any foresight even one time.
again what choice did they have ?

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3