• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Chad Johnson sentenced to 30 days in jail after judge denies plea

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A big overreaction, but I'm glad he will serve some time after abusing his wife.

I will agree with this statement, but it should have happened from the beginning if this were going to be the case. The way she handled it was awful.

EaseUrStorm

Chief Imagination Officer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
A big overreaction, but I'm glad he will serve some time after abusing his wife.

Did he really beat her though? She could have faked the whole thing, and it would have been tough to fight in court and win. Or she could have really exaggerated what happened to get paid.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did he really beat her though? She could have faked the whole thing, and it would have been tough to fight in court and win. Or she could have really exaggerated what happened to get paid.

The problem with this is every girlfriend or wife of a celebrity has the financial incentive to lie or exaggerate, most bad faith wives like and would act (and have the initial presumption of being a victim), etc. but we couldn't also assume that all are faking it for these reasons either. I'm glad I'm not on the jury.

I think Paul McCartney's ex is a fraud. Her accustomed to life and use if her child was ridiculous. You have certain things in marriage that you won't outside of it. Money is one of them. If you asked her if it was about the miner, she'd say no, to which the judge/jury should say, "good" and give her nothing. Chris Rock says a man is accostumed to sex but can't have it after marriage.

mufasa76

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The problem with this is every girlfriend or wife of a celebrity has the financial incentive to lie or exaggerate, most bad faith wives like and would act (and have the initial presumption of being a victim), etc. but we couldn't also assume that all are faking it for these reasons either. I'm glad I'm not on the jury.

I think Paul McCartney's ex is a fraud. Her accustomed to life and use if her child was ridiculous. You have certain things in marriage that you won't outside of it. Money is one of them. If you asked her if it was about the miner, she'd say no, to which the judge/jury should say, "good" and give her nothing. Chris Rock says a man is accostumed to sex but can't have it after marriage.

lol

very true.....

mufasa76

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Me think so too......she was married to a basketball player ones right? and now a football player:doh:? And she is from the "Boogie Down Bronx" and a Puerto Rican? She will get in your face in a heart beat...Not all of them will get in your face though but it's such a short marridge which means trouble from the get go......

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol

very true.....

A few minutes ago, I had this cookie. It was really good. I was enjoying it while I ate it. But then I realized that it had a nut that I can't tolerate nor see when I first saw it so I threw it away. Now, I don't have it anymore. That's unfair. Why is it that when I ate part and threw away the rest, I don't have what I was used to? How can a change of circumstances and the past choice to discard the cookie, change my current state? There should be some guarantee that what I thought it was would continue forever. True, I didn't have the cookie before I bought it. When I saw it, I wanted it. When I got it, I was happy. I decided to eat part and discard it, but damnit! Give me back my cookie! It's only fair. This cookie made me fatter and if I hadn't eaten it, I'd be lighter. You ought to give me my cookie and restore my weight.

That was longer than I intended, but thats what I hear when a person divorces a millionaire/billionaire. You had your cookie you sought out, enjoyed it, your right to finish or discard it, and you now want everything you had before you decided to finish it? (The weight reference was referring to those who quit their job and now want to be returned to the same résumé as before.)

Yes, the cookie was a bad example because I couldn't really talk about the cookie's goals in the deal like Paul would have in his marriage. I'm sure he would have loved for it to work out and still have what he had during it, too.)

mufasa76

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
A few minutes ago, I had this cookie. It was really good. I was enjoying it while I ate it. But then I realized that it had a nut that I can't tolerate nor see when I first saw it so I threw it away. Now, I don't have it anymore. That's unfair. Why is it that when I ate part and threw away the rest, I don't have what I was used to? How can a change of circumstances and the past choice to discard the cookie, change my current state? There should be some guarantee that what I thought it was would continue forever. True, I didn't have the cookie before I bought it. When I saw it, I wanted it. When I got it, I was happy. I decided to eat part and discard it, but damnit! Give me back my cookie! It's only fair. This cookie made me fatter and if I hadn't eaten it, I'd be lighter. You ought to give me my cookie and restore my weight.

That was longer than I intended, but thats what I hear when a person divorces a millionaire/billionaire. You had your cookie you sought out, enjoyed it, your right to finish or discard it, and you now want everything you had before you decided to finish it? (The weight reference was referring to those who quit their job and now want to be returned to the same résumé as before.)

Yes, the cookie was a bad example because I couldn't really talk about the cookie's goals in the deal like Paul would have in his marriage. I'm sure he would have loved for it to work out and still have what he had during it, too.)

Bravo...

EaseUrStorm

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
In this dual income day and age I have no idea why the rules are still set up the way they are because it provides so much incentive for these ex-wives to get everything they possibly can. A lot of these relationships probably do go in with the best intentions from the get-go. But when things break down it's not surprising to see what happens over and over and over once that greedy little voice on their shoulder gets in their little pea-brained heads.

Most if not all of these high paid athletes should mandate a pre-nump to make their lives easier, and just say flat out that it's coming from their trusted financial adviser, and if you don't like it we don't have to get married. If the girl says no dice it's not "romantic" and it shows you don't trust me, then they should counter and say if you're not doing this for money you should have absolutely no problem signing it, and it shows the trust you have in me.

I'm sure the ones that are in it for the money would either throw a fit or negotiate the nump, and you'd be protected against the other ones that just want to stick it to them in a blow up.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Decent article and it contains a video to him being cut by the Dolphins if you haven't already seen it.

Last edited by a moderator:

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chad Johnson leaving jail after apologizing to judge - ESPN

I know most don't care, but I'm posting for the examples of the previous behavior in court that the judge referred to in the sentencing.

McHugh noted that in a previous hearing Johnson had put his arm around a female prosecutor's shoulders, prompting the prosecutor to tell him twice not to touch her.

EaseUrStorm

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I read the article and didn't see that before but it said she had a 3 inch gash w/ 8 stitches. They may have posted a picture of it before when the whole thing came out but I can't remember.

So I'm not that skeptical of her anymore. Very hard to fake... if it weren't an injury that was documented like that, I wonder if the judge would have let that whole side show slide. He got off very light for causing that injury, even if it was a crazy accident.