• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Chad Johnson sentenced to 30 days in jail after judge denies plea

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's about to get an education on just how long 30 days can be. This doesn't help his already nil chances of getting a call does it?

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He should have received a year for the way he acted in court - What a pig.

Smalls

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
He should have received a year for the way he acted in court - What a pig.

Did you watch the video? It's about as lighthearted as possible. I'm not saying it was smart or that the guy is free of problems, but talk about an overreaction. The more I think about it, it seems like an abuse of power.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you watch the video? It's about as lighthearted as possible. I'm not saying it was smart or that the guy is free of problems, but talk about an overreaction. The more I think about it, it seems like an abuse of power.

Yes, I watched the video. Did you read the article under the video?

EaseUrStorm

Chief Imagination Officer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I haven't actually seen it but it really sounds like he got thrown in jail for culture clash. I remember watching Cops a long time ago and the good ole boys were busting in on a Mexican household and one of the Mexican dudes kept saying "yes Papi," to the cop after being ordered around. The fat cop got totally pissed off and yelled at him not to call him Papi, which would have been the thing to say within that culture to show respect. And for Ochocinco I really mean NFL - sports culture reaction in this case, not like black culture. We're all good? Pat the guy on his butt. Which the judge took as an insult to the court because that dude just jested about beating his lawyer after getting a slap on the wrist for beating his wife.

In reality he probably got warned about joking around, and those judges tend to have little to no patience or sense of humor for that type of stuff.

joshuar56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This, the exact same thing I thought. Seemed like the judge WAY overreacted.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What? A judged abused his/her power? Unbelievable! (sarcasm of course)

That was not proper court etiquette, but how is that Chad's fault that the courtroom laughed? It wasn't like he "good-gamed" his lawyer and then when people laughed he turned around and Hamm'd it up for the crowd to make them laugh more.

Oh well, 30 days is the least of his problems. Compared to the gold-digger that is going after half of his estate, 30 days will be a breeze.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What? A judged abused his/her power? Unbelievable! (sarcasm of course)

That was not proper court etiquette, but how is that Chad's fault that the courtroom laughed? It wasn't like he "good-gamed" his lawyer and then when people laughed he turned around and Hamm'd it up for the crowd to make them laugh more.

Oh well, 30 days is the least of his problems. Compared to the gold-digger that is going after half of his estate, 30 days will be a breeze.

His improper etiquette incited the laughter - that is how it is his fault. Standing before a judge because you violated your probation, thus already demonstrating you don't take the court seriously, and facing a sentence of up to a year is neither the time nor the place to be an idiot - especially when you have a history of being a dick in front of the same Judge. All things considered, I thought her sentence was lenient.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't. She's a huge bitch.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't. She's a huge bitch.

Johnson has acted up in front of this judge in the past. He then violates his probation and acts up in front of the same judge again and she is a huge bitch for gut punching the punk? Sure.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's not acting up. It's no different than giving the dude a big hug.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Johnson has acted up in front of this judge in the past. He then violates his probation and acts up in front of the same judge again and she is a huge bitch for gut punching the punk? Sure.

I did see something about how it wasn't the first time he displayed improper court etiquette with that judge. They didn't say if it was once, twice, or thrice lol, but I guess since she let it slide before it does mean she wasn't quick to judgement... boom, I'm on fire.

Like I said though, 30 days in county jail is nothing compared to what he is going to lose because of his bigger mistake of marrying that sleezy gold digger.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did see something about how it wasn't the first time he displayed improper court etiquette with that judge. They didn't say if it was once, twice, or thrice lol, but I guess since she let it slide before it does mean she wasn't quick to judgement... boom, I'm on fire.

Like I said though, 30 days in county jail is nothing compared to what he is going to lose because of his bigger mistake of marrying that sleezy gold digger.

That cracked me up "Boom! I'm on fire!" LOL! But, in all seriousness that is how I see it, I don't think she's this raging bitch as some have intimated. Besides, if you seriously do not know what is and what isn't acceptable decorum in a courtroom when you are facing jail time for violating your probation - then you probably need to be among the 'incarcerated' general population for a few weeks to think about it.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This, the exact same thing I thought. Seemed like the judge WAY overreacted.

the judge is the big swinging di... of the courtroom. they have bigger ego's than athletes, so no its not an overreaction.

Gatorchip

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,015.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A big overreaction, but I'm glad he will serve some time after abusing his wife.