• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: CFP Semifinal- Florida St vs Oregon @ Rose Bowl

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn. I was really trying to hit 1500 with this vine

Last edited by a moderator:

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who's, "we"? Landry Jones and you guys? LOL.

When oregon won a few games with it. When oklahoma beat bama with it last year, and now oregon stomping the NOLES. It's not the first time, it won't be the last.

520GGATO

Southern Arizona Servin'
Hoopla Cash
$ 85.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, didn't see it, but that's a shame. We lost and should conduct ourselves accordingly.

Something I will say, and it won't be popular, is that I suspect the rules will be changing more significantly within five years regarding the "tempo" offense. It is a gimmick that takes advantage of current rules to put the defense at a major disadvantage. It just is.
Arizona's offense ran 109 plays yesterday. Yea, real disadvantage.:doh:

BeaverShaver

Blocked, Ignored, and Hated in equal parts (12)
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what a game. I had a blast. great weather, great friends, great fsu fans. cheers to the Seminoles for a great season and a national title last year.

now it's our turn. go Ducks!!

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh good this discussion again.
I guess we should get rid of the forward pass, the three point basket, curveballs and knuckleballs and anything else that dares to change a game.

I agree and I can't see rule changes. Over time in the PAC you've seen teams start to adjust to it. And it has been shown that you can get substitutions in. It isn't easy but it can be stopped. Other teams are also starting to follow suit SC has gone to a variation of the up tempo. That is what I think we will all see more of. Adaptations on offenses and defenses

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you honestly think that a tempo offense works simply because the offense that runs it is, "in shape" and the opposing defense is, "out of shape", then I don't know what to tell you. The offense controls the game and the personnel on the field and can dictate whether the D can substitute proper personnel for the situation, etc... There is a TON of advantage to being able to restrict defensive substitutions and being, "tired" is only one aspect of that.

Not sour grapes. We lost. Just saying that Saban's gripe about it last year was just the beginning. It is an exploit. Soon most offenses will trend that way, or the rules will change. JMO.

I don't see anything inherently unfair about it, but maybe you're right that rules will change. If rules do change, it won't be about fairness; it would be about giving other teams a chance against a dominating player or team. Sometimes a player or a team becomes so dominant that the sport changes the rules on them. College basketball banned the slam dunk for about 10 years because of how dominant Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (then known as Lew Alcindor) was. Obviously, Oregon is not at that point of dominance yet. They might not even win it all this season. Regardless, I think it would be wrong to change a rule just because a team becomes very dominant.

FORKWDEVIL

shut up and make me a sandwich
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Go Ducks! beat the nutz! tOSU and UOFA are my two most hated teams.

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alright finally read this thread. Sounded like a good time.

Again, I am sorry for being a drunk AF dousher after game all.

Here was my view from Rose Bowl

A few from #SqUOd

After party... Clemson/FSU hotty fan was on prowl for a Duck. Not sure if anyone delivered. I turn around and there she is wearing a Clemson hoody.

Louie26

Beavers Suck
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,238.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alright finally read this thread. Sounded like a good time.

Again, I am sorry for being a drunk AF dousher after game all.

Here was my view from Rose Bowl

[MEDIA=twitter]552245962874159104[/MEDIA]

A few from #SqUOd

[MEDIA=twitter]552246108341022720[/MEDIA]

After party... Clemson/FSU hotty fan was on prowl for a Duck. Not sure if anyone delivered. I turn around and there she is wearing a Clemson hoody.

[MEDIA=twitter]552246237965975552[/MEDIA]

All I can say is DAMN! :omg: :nod: :clap:

Jealous!

Go Ducks!