• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

............CFP: Peach or Chik-Fil-A ???

potzer25

The most eubillicant poster.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,909.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol. Yep. It's always the USF&G Sugar Bowl to me I think it's been 20 years since it was called that though.

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, never have cottoned to the "Chik-Fil-A bowl," I've still called it "Peach" myself.

The thing is, these bowl sponsors? That shit works. I STILL can not hear the Sugar Bowl said out loud without thinking of "USF&G," which sponsored it for years...I don't even know if USF&G still exists as a company.

I still think of Toyota when I hear Gator Bowl, FedEx when I hear Orange, Tostitos with Fiesta, Mobil Oil Cotton, and so on. I remember the Rose making such a big deal out of not having a sponsor's name in the game for years, but they finally sold out, too.

I've never watched one minute of a single Pinstripe Bowl played at Yankee Stadium, but I know that New Era Caps sponsors it.

Yea, I still call it the peach and when I hear sugar bowl, I think dixie crystals. :noidea:

Gator Bowl=Mazda

Last edited by a moderator:

ElTexan

Board Chancellor Emeritus
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
College Football Playoff

1. The above website still uses "Chik-Fil-A
2. Can someone tell that website that this isn't 2001 anymore; they can update their website and get rid of grammar and punctuation mistakes?? :L

Innermind

Lithomancer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thank God its back to the Peach!

Now if we can get the Capital One back to the Citrus.

I dont know why they cant just do the whole "Peach Bowl presented by ChikfilA" or Capital One Citrus Bowl like many big bowl games do.

I know they cant pass on the sponsorship money, but taking out an iconic name like Peach and Citrus from those bowls was just un Murrican

I agree.....I would even support the Capital One/Citrus Bowl go back to the pre 1983 name of Tangerine Bowl, but the Capital One Citrus Bowl would suffice.

Innermind

Lithomancer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would also like to see the Little Caesars Pizza Bowl in Detroit go back to the old eighties name, the Cherry Bowl.

I realize Detroit Red Wings & Detroit Tigers owner, Little Caesars founder Mike Ilitch has done a lot for the Detroit area over the decades, so keeping the Little Caesars name would be cool if the game would become the Little Caesars Cherry Bowl.

After all, this is the time of the year lots of folks across the country enjoy eating their Michigan grown chocolate covered cherries!