• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cesar Ruiz - Center

TheStarOne

Militem Octoginta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would the COWBOYS pick an offensive center at 17? I doubt it.
But he would make an interesting pick. (like Travis Fredrick)

He's 20 years old

6 foot 4 inches tall

320 pounds

He ran the 40 yard dash in 5.08.......yikes!

He has a vertical of 33 inches.....

a listed positive

Tenacious demeanor from whistle to whistle

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would the COWBOYS pick an offensive center at 17? I doubt it.
But he would make an interesting pick. (like Travis Fredrick)

He's 20 years old

6 foot 4 inches tall

320 pounds

He ran the 40 yard dash in 5.08.......yikes!

He has a vertical of 33 inches.....

a listed positive

Tenacious demeanor from whistle to whistle
I really doubt we draft a center in the 1st, but if we did we would trade back as close to 32 as we could before drafting the center.
As far as College centers goes. I really like what I read on the Cushenberry guy. He manhandled the top two DTs in this draft. So the story goes.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he is the best player on their board and it's indeed a need, take him without blinking. If he isn't take someone else. But don't trade down to take him. I would be surprised if he were the best player on their board

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Beast. I hope not.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It makes sense to trade down and take Ruiz. But let's keep it defensive. I do like Ruiz though..great technique. Future pro bowler

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
49ers drop one spot and get a 4rth round pick. Good deal for them.

TheStarOne

Militem Octoginta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never mind.........The Saints were smart enough to draft him.

I guess we don't need an upgrade to our increasingly old O line.

We only have a 90 million dollar RB, a 35 million dollar QB , and a 100 million dollar WR.

Why would we need an adequate O line, to run or pass the ball ?

Travis Fredrick ain't coming back.

Just what we need........ is another WR.

I'm sure our pass rush, our safeties, and CBs will just be MAGICALLY fine.

Anyway, defense is highly overrated.......especially ours.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We only have a 90 million dollar RB, a 35 million dollar QB , and a 100 million dollar WR.

just go the fuck away drama queen cry baby

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There is so much dumb here that it's hard to even address...but I shall...
So your comment is that our OL isn't even adequate? How can you even type that with a straight face?
Yes Frederick retired and yes if a Center was one of the top players on our board we should have gone there, but, forcing it would be asinine. We should be "ok" at Center this year. Looney was decent in his first stint and probably will be better this time if he ends up the guy. We have McGovern whom we aren't sure where the team thinks should be playing. What if it is Center? We had a 2nd round grade on him last year. If he is in the Center mix we don't need to force the position in the draft. You are upset because you made up your mind that there was only one pick that could be made and anything else was dumb so you got all bent out of shape and started with your broken record routine.

If you want to focus on need over BPA you should be whining about not taking a CB. We need to play 3 CBs almost all game and none of our CBs is better than Looney. So we have one marginal Center with perhaps a kid that can be real good fighting it out vs all of our CBs being marginal. Which is a bigger need? And if (big if you can say) McGovern is both the plan and turns out to be fantastic and Ruiz turns out to be fantastic we are perhaps sitting a fantastic player if we don't think either can switch to OG, which doesn't help. You can be darn sure if we drafted a decent CB he'd find his way on the field because the need is 3 times greater and at times we even go to 4 CB.

The draft is about improving your team for the next 5-10 years not week 1 of this year and Lamb was one of the highest rated players on our board and it is assumed many boards. He dropped but sometimes each team could be between a couple of guys and the player just drops a little because of the luck of the draw and teams going for a need or a player they just happen to love. It doesn't mean teams weren't considering him in the top 12. Teams were trying to trade up with us to take him because of how much they liked him. Plus we need a 3rd WR week 1 if that is your focus and in the long run if he and Gallup turn out to be what we hope it allows us to cut Cooper after 2 years and use his $20M per year on whatever our biggest need is at the time. Having 3 WRs, a TE that is actually viable in the passing game and Zeke/Pollard will put a lot of pressure on defenses.

Lastly, you act as if the draft is one round long or that Ruiz is the only Center in the draft. How do you even know the team even likes him or likes him more than the LSU Center? Your blind hate for Jerry makes you look foolish sometimes. I would have been fine with Ruiz if he was one of our BPAs when we were on the clock but it wasn't a pick to force and when a guy you have ranked as the #6 player in the draft falls to you at #17 you don't even think about passing on him
:2cents:

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Are you really losing your mind because they took the best WR in the draft over a C? Is the draft over? FA?

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We we given the opportunity to draft the 6th best player on our board . Or we had 3 trade opportunities to move back per Jerry. So the Cowboys drafted the 6th best player a WR & your complaining we did not draft a center who might be the best at his position but not the 6th best overall player on the Cowboys board?
I bitch at Jerry with the best of them but this was a awesome pick and a textbook example of follow your board.
Jesus we passed on Randy Moss and regretted it .Jerry and company got it right with this pick IMHO

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I am one of the biggest proponents to having a top center & I read this & think WTF are you talking about?

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Want some cheese with that whine??

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is so much dumb here that it's hard to even address...but I shall...
So your comment is that our OL isn't even adequate? How can you even type that with a straight face?
Yes Frederick retired and yes if a Center was one of the top players on our board we should have gone there, but, forcing it would be asinine. We should be "ok" at Center this year. Looney was decent in his first stint and probably will be better this time if he ends up the guy. We have McGovern whom we aren't sure where the team thinks should be playing. What if it is Center? We had a 2nd round grade on him last year. If he is in the Center mix we don't need to force the position in the draft. You are upset because you made up your mind that there was only one pick that could be made and anything else was dumb so you got all bent out of shape and started with your broken record routine.

If you want to focus on need over BPA you should be whining about not taking a CB. We need to play 3 CBs almost all game and none of our CBs is better than Looney. So we have one marginal Center with perhaps a kid that can be real good fighting it out vs all of our CBs being marginal. Which is a bigger need? And if (big if you can say) McGovern is both the plan and turns out to be fantastic and Ruiz turns out to be fantastic we are perhaps sitting a fantastic player if we don't think either can switch to OG, which doesn't help. You can be darn sure if we drafted a decent CB he'd find his way on the field because the need is 3 times greater and at times we even go to 4 CB.

The draft is about improving your team for the next 5-10 years not week 1 of this year and Lamb was one of the highest rated players on our board and it is assumed many boards. He dropped but sometimes each team could be between a couple of guys and the player just drops a little because of the luck of the draw and teams going for a need or a player they just happen to love. It doesn't mean teams weren't considering him in the top 12. Teams were trying to trade up with us to take him because of how much they liked him. Plus we need a 3rd WR week 1 if that is your focus and in the long run if he and Gallup turn out to be what we hope it allows us to cut Cooper after 2 years and use his $20M per year on whatever our biggest need is at the time. Having 3 WRs, a TE that is actually viable in the passing game and Zeke/Pollard will put a lot of pressure on defenses.

Lastly, you act as if the draft is one round long or that Ruiz is the only Center in the draft. How do you even know the team even likes him or likes him more than the LSU Center? Your blind hate for Jerry makes you look foolish sometimes. I would have been fine with Ruiz if he was one of our BPAs when we were on the clock but it wasn't a pick to force and when a guy you have ranked as the #6 player in the draft falls to you at #17 you don't even think about passing on him
:2cents:

I'm not even a Cowboys fan and I can tell you OL isn't the problem like you said.
Damn this OL is not "adequate" at all LOL. Of course you lose Frederick but I mean cmon even without him they are a top 10 line and Collins is only getting better. Tyron and Zack are still freaks.

4. DALLAS COWBOYS
"The Cowboys have been near the top of this conversation for years. This season was another impressive display for the group, finishing fifth in PFF pass-blocking grade and third in run-blocking grade. It's well known what Tyron Smith, Zack Martin and Travis Frederick are capable of when fully healthy, but La’el Collins‘ performance this year was the most promising development from the group. His 85.8 overall grade ranked third among right tackles and was easily the highest overall grade of his career. Collins and Martin on the right side of the line helped lead an offense that finished second behind only the Ravens in expected points added per run play."

I agree the secondary is the issue and I thought they would go Fulton but their eyes lit up when the #1 WR on many teams' boards was still there. I don't blame them for going BPA over need but there goal now needs to be to sure up the issues they do have defensive bc I agree it does have holes. I think now, the offense is more than just fine.

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When a Browns fan takes you to school you are on the wrong side of whatever argument your trying to make they know misery all the way back to The Drive!!!

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought Ruggs could be there at 17,but not Lamb I thought Lamb would be top 10. People make too big a deal about 40 times. I liked Ruiz,but not at 17 and with Lamb just sitting there. This was a total steal. Incredible body control,great hands,and YAC. I put him in slot from day one and if Gallup or Amari get dinged put him on the outside. This offense is loaded.

TheStarOne

Militem Octoginta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you really losing your mind because they took the best WR in the draft over a C? Is the draft over? FA?

For people who actually KNOW Jerry's history of DEBACLES.....

This draft looks very familiar........It's from the movie Ground Hog Day

In 2012, the COWBOYS gave up a 1st, 3rd and a 7th round draft pick to get Roy Williams
And then gave him 54 MILLION dollars......And they had Dez Bryant, Miles Austin, Dwayne Harris.
Now Dez Bryant, was a really good Wr......BUT, why give up that much for Roy Williams?

The Cowboys gave Marion Barber 45 MILLION DOLLARS.......And who did they draft in the next draft?
Felix Jones.........Again Felix Jones was a very good RB.

The COWBOYS gave up a NUMBER 1 Draft pick for Amari Cooper. And they recently signed him to a 100 MILLION DOLLAR DEAL!!..And they have Michael Gallup, who was actually a better WR than Copper down the stretch.
Some of you had suggested that Amari Cooper disappeared in the second half of the season.
So they supposedly have TWO solid WRs........

They gave up on Cole Beasley, and Randall Cobb (great Slot WRs)....So now they take ANOTHER WR.

My point was and is..........I believe (like Jimmy Johnson and Bill Parcells) you build a team with great D and O Lines.
And the COWBOY'S O line has been overrated the last two seasons. (outside of Zac Martin that is)

And 2020 draft experts said, there were probably 20 WRs in the draft who very good.

An O line is important, in protecting our 35 million dollar QB (and passing to our 100 million dollar WR)and opening up holes for our 90 million dollar RB.

And an offensive center is the QB of the O Line.......

COWBOY fans have been spoiled by John Fitzgerald, Mark Stepnoski, and Travis Fredrick.

And in next season's draft ......if the best available player is a WR........I guess we'll take a WR?

It's funny how some on this board, automatically accept the Jone's drafts after the last 25 years with 4 playoff wins, and .500 regular season record......GO FIGURE.

TheStarOne

Militem Octoginta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Want some cheese with that whine??
In the last 25 seasons --- 4 playoff wins -- no NFC championship game appearances ---and basically a .500 regular season record.....

Now why would any REAL COWBOY FAN complain?

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

In 2012, the COWBOYS gave up a 1st, 3rd and a 7th round draft pick to get Roy Williams
And then gave him 54 MILLION dollars......And they had Dez Bryant, Miles Austin, Dwayne Harris.
Now Dez Bryant, was a really good Wr......BUT, why give up that much for Roy Williams?

The Cowboys gave Marion Barber 45 MILLION DOLLARS.......And who did they draft in the next draft?

The COWBOYS gave up a NUMBER 1 Draft pick for Amari Cooper. And they recently signed him to a 100 MILLION DOLLAR DEAL!!..And they have Michael Gallup, who was actually a better WR than Copper down the stretch.
Some of you had suggested that Amari Cooper disappeared in the second half of the season.

They gave up on Cole Beasley, and Randall Cobb (great Slot WRs)....So now they take ANOTHER WR.

My point was and is..........I believe (like Jimmy Johnson and Bill Parcells) you build a team with great D and O Lines.
And the COWBOY'S O line has been overrated the last two seasons. (outside of Zac Martin that is)

And 2020 draft experts said, there were probably 20 WRs in the draft who very good.

An O line is important, in protecting our 35 million dollar QB (and passing to our 100 million dollar WR)and opening up holes for our 90 million dollar RB.

COWBOY fans have been spoiled by John Fitzgerald, Mark Stepnoski, and Travis Fredrick.

And in next season's draft ......if the best available player is a WR........I guess we'll take a WR?

It's funny how some on this board, automatically accept the Jone's drafts after the last 25 years with 4 playoff wins, and .500 regular season record......GO FIGURE.
What team do you actually root for? Because it's not Dallas.
First, the Cowboys have drafted as well as any team in the league the last 10 years. They have made some coaching mistakes and had to get over a terrible cap situation, but they have done that as well. They have a Super Bowl winning Head Coach and one of the most loaded rosters in the NFL. You spazzed out over the Cowboys not taking a center over a future #1 WR, and then the Cowboys come back and get a stud Center...with their 5th pick...maybe you're mad because Jerry made your ''oh no, we didn't draft a center in round 1!'' rant look so absurd

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You really should have just slinked away from this thread. I mean forgetting about how it was called one of their best drafts ever and is pretty much universally being looked at as one of the best drafts this year, they also still got one of the top Centers. For God's sake can you not see how foolish you look trying to defend this thread and criticizing them for taking a guy that many saw as a top 10 pick and PFF called the 3rd best WR they have ever graded? You don't have to agree with any of that and we all know it takes years to grade a draft but you have to admit it is all at least proving as of today that they seem to have done a damn good job. Just stop already. If you want to post Jerry sucks just do it, but stop trying to be sly about it and making us all read this total bull shit