• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pro Day Freaks

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Post here if you have any pro day freaks you hear about for us to keep our eyes on.

I will start it off with Jayson Oweh EDGE from Penn State. Dude is just a freak.

6'5" 257 pounds, ran a 4.36 40 at his pro day, not mention his crazy vertical of 39.5 inches, and a broad jump of 11' 2". Wowsers. He is a first rounder, but still ranked as the #33 prospect. Maybe trade back up into the 1st to draft him? I mean, he recorded no sacks last year, short season, many complications with the Big 10 season in general and covid. He may be worth trading up for, but once again, I know we are wanting to spend that second round pick on a guard on this board, or at least an OL that can move inside if necessary even if they are a tackle.

https://www.nfl.com/news/penn-state-pro-day-jayson-oweh-thrills-with-freakish-athleticism

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it's good to have options.

always wonder why people show up great running drills when it didn't translate to college gameday tape, but there's often a reason for that.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it's good to have options.

always wonder why people show up great running drills when it didn't translate to college gameday tape, but there's often a reason for that.
Give me game tape and their short shuttle times. Give me the 10 yard time.

40 time is irrelevant. John Ross had the fastest 40 time ever, but couldn't get open somehow or catch a ball.

As are the long jump and high jump. Explosiveness matters, but only if its used properly in conjunction within the game.

Less focus on the combine for me, and more focus on the game tape and interviews. I want guys who show up on film. Not guys who hired personal trainers for 3 months, got jacked for specific drills, and can't translate that to the field.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To add a late name to watch, maybe late day 2 or early day 3 - I know the Bengals have added some Safeties on 1 year deals - but a guy to watch is UC's Derrick Forest.

One of the reasons that defense was so damned good was his ability to play all over the field in that secondary

Bench - 21
Vert - 39
Broad - 11'
40 yard - 4.38 twice

The film matches the measurables, as well. Someone is going to get a STEAL of a player in that 3rd/4th/5th round area. The guy is also big on special teams, meaning he can make an impact right away.