• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Cavs @ Spurs

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LeBron left because he simply was not getting that help anymore. I mean- did you watch that Finals against hte Spurs where Wade pooped down his leg and Bosh refused to play physical at all- while both guys started getting up their in age?

Only a fool would take Bosh and Wade over Love and Irving at this point in their careers- and LeBron is no fool.

Truth be told, he'd prefer Kyrie over Wade, but Bosh over Love.
Love never has, and still hasn't produced anything but sometimes nice stat lines in mostly meaningless situations.
Bosh has made a difference in several points of big games/

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love never has, and still hasn't produced anything but sometimes nice stat lines in mostly meaningless situations.
Bosh has made a difference in several points of big games/

In his defense, its hard to produce in the meaningful games when you're on the sideline with a dislocated shoulder.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
your right

you just cant make this stuff up

View attachment 77197 Tom Haberstroh Verified account @tomhaberstroh
Hassan Whiteside ranks 35th among 36 qualified players in post-up efficiency (min. 50 plays). He's 0.697 pts/play. Kevin Love 1st at 1.268.

WAIT WAIT WAIT!!! WHAT?!!!

just for emphasis

View attachment 77199 Tom Haberstroh Verified account @tomhaberstroh
Hassan Whiteside ranks 35th among 36 qualified players in post-up efficiency (min. 50 plays). He's 0.697 pts/play. Kevin Love 1st at 1.268.

Who said anything about Love post game? And whoever said Whiteside was good in the post? Myself and just about every Heat fans have all been in agreement that he needs to work on his post game.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In his defense, its hard to produce in the meaningful games when you're on the sideline with a dislocated shoulder.

True, but then lets figure in he wasn't good enough to lead his team to a meaningful game while in Minnesota.
Nor, was he ever that good in any of the Cavs 'big games', during the regular season last year that I can recall.

Interesting thing is that the last All Star spot amongst the bigs might come down to Love or Bosh, or possibly Millsap.
I think Love is least deserving, but just might get because of how much the Cavs are pushing for him, plus they will have 1 seed.
Bosh deserves it IMO, based on stats.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True, but then lets figure in he wasn't good enough to lead his team to a meaningful game while in Minnesota.

Right. But you were comparing him to Bosh who has definitely had big moments in big games. Bosh didn't do much better on his own in Toronto. Granted he did get his to team to the playoffs a couple times, but in the East with quick 1st round exits.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Neither Team played their best.

But, it was still a fun game to watch.

During our convo the other day, we both stated that the Cavs biggest advantage was Kyrie vs. Parker.

So, yeaaaah.....:doh:

I wouldn't count on last night's result to happen every game if they met in the Finals.

But, Parker made a huge statement.

Someone needs to give Love a pep talk.

The Spurs can get away with Aldridge having a bad game because they have West.

If Kevin lays an egg, the Cavs are cooked.:2cents:
I am noticing a trend with Cleveland. They start games hot but struggle to sustain that play during the 2nd half of games. Will be interesting to see how long this continues throughout the season.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree but I highly doubt James will go MIA in a playoffs series. He will put the team on the back if he has to . Love on the other hand will just go MIA and be the reason they lose.
Yea but unfortunately for the Cavs LBJ putting them on his back just isn't enough to beat the Warriors in a 7 game series. He will need Kyrie AND Love to step up if they meet up again in the Finals.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lakers played the W's tough before they pulled away.....our youngsters were solid.
Yepper, I am liking how Kobe is really trying to help them develop. Couldn't ask for more from the franchise player making his exit.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LeBron left because he simply was not getting that help anymore. I mean- did you watch that Finals against hte Spurs where Wade pooped down his leg and Bosh refused to play physical at all- while both guys started getting up their in age?

Only a fool would take Bosh and Wade over Love and Irving at this point in their careers- and LeBron is no fool.
Seems like the end results in both situations were the same - NO TITLE!!!!

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am noticing a trend with Cleveland. They start games hot but struggle to sustain that play during the 2nd half of games. Will be interesting to see how long this continues throughout the season.

Its been the exact opposite of that, honestly. That was definitely the case yesterday... but this season they've been playing much better in the 2nd half than the 1st half.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems like the end results in both situations were the same - NO TITLE!!!!

a) LeBron did win a title with Wade and Bosh (am I misunderstanding your comment?)
b) whether he wins one with Love and Irving is actually yet to be decided despite what the majority of the posters on this forum would want you to believe

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its been the exact opposite of that, honestly. That was definitely the case yesterday... but this season they've been playing much better in the 2nd half than the 1st half.
The games I've seen on national TV seem to follow this pattern (I can admit that isn't anywhere near as many as Cavs fans).

This was the case when they played GS on Xmas.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
God your dumb. This is why I blocked you.

the Cavs have the best 4th quarter point differential in the NBA last time i saw the stat......good God.
Yet you're here, quoting my posts. You have no couth and are about as articulate as a 10 year old. Haven't you figured out yet - based on the majority of interactions with other posters here - that's a problem area for you?

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The games I've seen on national TV seem to follow this pattern (I can admit that isn't anywhere near as many as Cavs fans).

This was the case when they played GS on Xmas.

?? That's not how I remember that game. The Cavs were down 9 after the 1st quarter.

WvkvWDU.png

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
a) LeBron did win a title with Wade and Bosh (am I misunderstanding your comment?)
b) whether he wins one with Love and Irving is actually yet to be decided despite what the majority of the posters on this forum would want you to believe

Yes, you misunderstood. I was referring to the last season (the Finals series Wiggy mentions in his post) in Miami vs. his first season in Cleveland with Kyrie & Love.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
?? That's not how I remember that game. The Cavs were down 9 after the 1st quarter.

View attachment 77316
I think that graph would be most useful in a discussion about stats. What I'm saying is they actually looked pretty good in that first half. But in the second half they seemed to have lost steam. I'm fine with us not being able to agree.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,971.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yet you're here, quoting my posts. You have no couth and are about as articulate as a 10 year old. Haven't you figured out yet - based on the majority of interactions with other posters here - that's a problem area for you?

BOOM.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,971.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wiggy: The Cavs will break the NBA record for wins in a season.

How's that working out for them?

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right. But you were comparing him to Bosh who has definitely had big moments in big games. Bosh didn't do much better on his own in Toronto. Granted he did get his to team to the playoffs a couple times, but in the East with quick 1st round exits.

Bosh stepped up huge when James didn't play while with Heat.
When James misses a Cavs game it's almost always been an L.