• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Cavs @ Spurs

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who said anything about Love post game? And whoever said Whiteside was good in the post? Myself and just about every Heat fans have all been in agreement that he needs to work on his post game.

That stat is all the more reason why he should post up more often. 42% of his shots come from the 3-point line. Bosh did not start shooting 3's until LeBron's last year in Miami and even then he did not shoot this high of a percentage from 3. Although Love is a much better natural shooter, he didn't have to develop the ability like Bosh.

Game-changing players play both sides of the court, Bosh/Wade could do that at a high level (as Horns mentioned). Love/Kyrie are less capable when it comes to that. That's part of the reason why the Cavs struggle so much when James is having an off game or is injured. Take it from a Kobe fan, a heavy load of games/minutes always comes back to haunt a player. How many more Finals performances like last year does LBJ have in him?

I get that- but how is it even relevant?

Of course Wade and Bosh- DIRECTLY SMACK DAB IN THE MIDDLE OF THEIR PRIMES- when they came together- made a very formidable 3-some- however- how long was it before Wade started going downhill?

Kyrie and Love have not even REACHED their prime years yet. If you are trying to ask the question of what Big 3 was better at their height- its an impossible question to ask while Kevin Love is 27 and Kyrie Irving is 23.

not only that- but i think Heat fans would readily agree- that the Cavs supporting cast- Thompson, Shumpert, Mozgov, etc. etc.- is superior to any supporting cast the Heat had.

I don't know, I'd take Ray Allen over JR Smith any day of the week. Hell, I'd take him over Smith today.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many more Finals performances like last year does LBJ have in him?

Can't imagine he has many. That's why I think the Cavs window is this year and maybe next. Lebron has been to 5 straight finals, has played heavy minutes every year and the last 2 finals, he has all but carried his teams on his back. Sooner or later that takes it's toll.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't imagine he has many. That's why I think the Cavs window is this year and maybe next. Lebron has been to 5 straight finals, has played heavy minutes every year and the last 2 finals, he has all but carried his teams on his back. Sooner or later that takes it's toll.

But but but I keep reading here LeBron sucks because 'he' 'lost' 3 of those finals (even though for 2 of them he was the only star player on the court for his team, even though he carried them like a beast...)

By the way if Ray Allen misses that shot to end it, so LeBron only has 1 title, does that mean he sucks even more? 5 millimeters off and LeBron sucks?

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cavs would benefit greatly if they still had Andrew Wiggins and went out to sign a stretch 4 via free agency rather than trade for Love

Wiggins while still somewhat raw...under the training of Lebron and his rigorous demands to play defense could have developed into an elite wing defender

People forget but what made those Miami teams so great was their defense. Bron, Wade, Chalmers, Battier, Bosh were all able to switch and rotate with pretty much any player on the court

With Love on the court there is always a glaring weakness. Either he gets beat or someone has to come and help him and now that leaves a shooter open and/or messes up a rotation that leads to an easy layup.

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When Miami won both campionships with lebron their defense rating was worse than the cavs now...Cavs defense is fine so well bosh may have been a better defender than love, their overall defense is better...their overall offense rating is higher than miamis first championship but lower than the 2nd

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But but but I keep reading here LeBron sucks because 'he' 'lost' 3 of those finals (even though for 2 of them he was the only star player on the court for his team, even though he carried them like a beast...)

By the way if Ray Allen misses that shot to end it, so LeBron only has 1 title, does that mean he sucks even more? 5 millimeters off and LeBron sucks?

Who has said Lebron sucks? His record in the finals is what it is. He's 2-4.

And for the record, he was the "only star player" for 1 of those 5 straight finals appearances (last year). In the other 4 he had Chris Bosh and Dwyane Wade.

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron is that finals destruction by the spurs shot almost 70% and over 50% from three....That is amazing imo

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When Miami won both campionships with lebron their defense rating was worse than the cavs now...Cavs defense is fine so well bosh may have been a better defender than love, their overall defense is better...their overall offense rating is higher than miamis first championship but lower than the 2nd

No need to lie son. The Cavs DEF rating right now is 99.1. The Heat DEF rating in 2012 was 97.1.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In his defense, its hard to produce in the meaningful games when you're on the sideline with a dislocated shoulder.

Or, on the bench the entire 4th quarter because your defense is nonexistent.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea but unfortunately for the Cavs LBJ putting them on his back just isn't enough to beat the Warriors in a 7 game series. He will need Kyrie AND Love to step up if they meet up again in the Finals.

This right here.

The Cavs have the horses to beat the Spurs or Warriors.

Problem is, one of those horses plays like he has a broken foot or has been castrated with a plastic fork...lol

Love is too good to be relegated to spot up shooter status.

But, I blame him, not Bron or Kyrie.

He has to want it.

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No need to lie son. The Cavs DEF rating right now is 99.1. The Heat DEF rating in 2012 was 97.1.

Heat 2012

106.6 (8th of 30)

100.2 (4th of 30)

Cavs this year

108.0 (4th of 30)

101.3 (4th of 30)

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i don't know what ratings you're looking at

Basketball reference, i read it wrong, the defensive rating is slightly worse than miami 2012 but the offensive rating is better...The defensive rating still is at 4th best tho so it's relatively even

ManuForever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pahahahahahaahahahaha
Not sure what's funnier...the fact that you think this is funny or the fact that you think it isn't possible that we beat Golden State...especially after yall lost to....DETROIT tonight.:lol:

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure what's funnier...the fact that you think this is funny or the fact that you think it isn't possible that we beat Golden State...especially after yall lost to....DETROIT tonight.:lol:
What's funny is you swear out the Warriors should feel like the Spurs are the "big brother" in the sense of them being inferior. Let's remember two things. 1. The WARRIORS are the defending champs & not the other way around and 2. They also happen to be the best team in the league - when we compare records.

The Spurs need to get in line like all the other teams.

ManuForever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's funny is you swear out the Warriors should feel like the Spurs are the "big brother" in the sense of them being inferior. Let's remember two things. 1. The WARRIORS are the defending champs & not the other way around and 2. They also happen to be the best team in the league - when we compare records.

The Spurs need to get in line like all the other teams.
when did i ever call the Spurs the Warriors big brother? Need to not twist my words.

also...get in line? LOL now that is funny. GSW may be the champs but i've honestly never seen a championship go to a fanbase's head more than these Warriors has :pound:(serious check Twitter...it's gotten out of hand.)

Why shouldn't i feel like the Spurs aren't superior though? Think the Warriors AND their fans also need to remember one thing...There is NO EVIDENCE WHATSOEVER that suggests that these Warriors can beat the Spurs in a playoff series. The Spurs at least own one of those in recent years. While SEVERAL things have changed since then...at least we know the Spurs are more than capable. Not to mention they WON the season series last year. (but we all know regular season doesn't matter)

I mean I know they're the champs and all but i'm not sure where this confidence that "they got it in the bag" is coming from...

Last edited:

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
when did i ever call the Spurs the Warriors big brother? Need to not twist my words.

also...get in line? LOL now that is funny. GSW may be the champs but i've honestly never seen a championship go to a fanbase's head more than these Warriors has :pound:(serious check Twitter...it's gotten out of hand.)

Why shouldn't i feel like the Spurs aren't superior though? Think the Warriors AND their fans also need to remember one thing...There is NO EVIDENCE WHATSOEVER that suggests that these Warriors can beat the Spurs in a playoff series. The Spurs at least own one of those in recent years. While SEVERAL things have changed since then...at least we know the Spurs are more than capable. Not to mention they WON the season series last year. (but we all know regular season doesn't matter)

I mean I know they're the champs and all but i'm not sure where this confidence that "they got it in the bag" is coming from...

LOL at you basing everything you read on twitter. Bro, twitter in general is out of hand. If you pick and choose the "fans" you see on twitter, 100% you can read the same about any team out there.

What doesn't make sense to me is that your recent account of the Warriors cannot beat the Spurs, you reference last year's regular season, then say it doesn't matter. Can't be both. Pick one.

You say there's no evidence to suggest the Warriors can beat the Spurs. OK. Let's go with that premise. By the same logic there's no evidence to suggest the Spurs can beat the Warriors either.

ManuForever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL at you basing everything you read on twitter. Bro, twitter in general is out of hand. If you pick and choose the "fans" you see on twitter, 100% you can read the same about any team out there.

What doesn't make sense to me is that your recent account of the Warriors cannot beat the Spurs, you reference last year's regular season, then say it doesn't matter. Can't be both. Pick one.

You say there's no evidence to suggest the Warriors can beat the Spurs. OK. Let's go with that premise. By the same logic there's no evidence to suggest the Spurs can beat the Warriors either.
I mean i guess. I'm nowhere near saying the Spurs WILL beat GSW cause that's just silly...what i am saying though is that with at the very least a victory over Klay and Steph in the playoffs once already, albeit things are drastically different now, I feel SLIGHTLY more confident if and when they meet again in May. At least there is some sample size there.

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I completely agree. He is on the wrong side of 30, and as each year passes his chances of winning a title is getting smaller. I think Lebron knows this as well. His frustration with Curry was evident last night. He made a mistake leaving Miami. I believe the Heat would have beat the Warriors last year in the finals (completely unprovable). Either way, as a Miami Heat fan, I am SOOOOO happy this Warriors team came along. Not having to watch win a title makes me oddly happy (more than it should). He may be a Cleveland guy.. and theirs.. but his rings will always say Miami.

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I completely agree. He is on the wrong side of 30, and as each year passes his chances of winning a title is getting smaller. I think Lebron knows this as well. His frustration with Curry was evident last night. He made a mistake leaving Miami. I believe the Heat would have beat the Warriors last year in the finals (completely unprovable). Either way, as a Miami Heat fan, I am SOOOOO happy this Warriors team came along. Not having to watch Lebron win another title makes me oddly happy (more than it should). He may be a Cleveland guy... but his rings will always say Miami.