• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Cavs San Antonio

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BK..... the spurs won despite bad calls.

The refs missed that one foul against James when he got hit in the back, but they more then made up for it during those same last 5 minutes.

And Shane, the Spurs were missing some key players and Parker/Ginobelli had off games.
Don't act like they played great.

Then, Cavs mindset was playoff mode, coming off a horrible loss to Denver at home.

They might GET good as the season progresses, but as of now they are not that good and are certainly not at all deep.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SPURS are playing great defense.
The offense still probably needs Splitter, Bellinelli, and Mills to get back on track.

Baynes, Daye, and Joseph are doing alright for the time being.
But, those guys are more limited in their ability to move the ball.

SA is hanging around in the standings by getting back to old school defensive play.

Inimical

Sports Hooplah Local Reporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 523.17
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SPURS are playing great defense.
The offense still probably needs Splitter, Bellinelli, and Mills to get back on track.

Baynes, Daye, and Joseph are doing alright for the time being.
But, those guys are more limited in their ability to move the ball.

SA is hanging around in the standings by getting back to old school defensive play.

OKC has a chance against them if Reggie blows up off the bench. GSW if they stay healthy. The pop factor i think puts the Spurs on top. This Cleveland team at this point could never beat the Spurs. And thinking about their top potential i dont seem them being real contenders outside the East.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The one thing Blatt did well tonight was to decrease the minutes his stars play. I believe Lebron was at 34.

Shouldn't have to play more than 36 or 37 MPG with this roster

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fouls were basically even. As I always say, blaming the refs is lame unless a call actually cost you the game. None of the calls cost Cleveland the game and the bad call against Duncan probably kept them in the game. LBJ had about 2-3 turnovers in the final 2 minutes of the game.

Not the point if it costed them anything or not, there were plenty of plays they got hacked. The Spurs defenders always reach in they usually just get the benefit of the doubt, anyways. Point is the way the Cavs played and the costly turnovers late. The fact they had a chance says a lot.

The Spurs got 19 from Diaw, 10 from scrub Joseph in only 18 mins.

And injuries for the Cavs they don't have a backup PG right now. Everyone has injuries.

Last edited by a moderator:

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not the point if it costed them anything or not, there were plenty of plays they got hacked. The Spurs defenders always reach in they usually just get the benefit of the doubt, anyways. Point is the way the Cavs played and the costly turnovers late. The fact they had a chance says a lot.

The Spurs got 19 from Diaw, 10 from scrub Joseph in only 18 mins.

And injuries for the Cavs they don't have a backup PG right now. Everyone has injuries.

James is a very good PG.

Well, his ball handling wasn't that great the last 9 seconds...but whatever... at least he pointed at himself as he quickly exited the court (without any of the hugs and goodbyes that would have come if they had won).

Was the versatile, much needed, Mike Miller injured?

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The whole no backup pg is another lame excuse. Any organization that only go with 2 pgs is pretty stupid because shit happens. I always feel like 3 point guards is a must or at least 3 who can play pg. In miami they usually had 4 or 5. LeBron & wade who both can play pg and 3 actual point guards

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spurs show Lebron how it's done--again.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was a good game. LeBron and Love both struggled, but the defense is looking better and I'm seeing much better ball movement in the offense.

I like where the Cavs are right now, honestly.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One game doesn't mean they're looking better....

They just allowed 106 to Denver on 48 percent shooting and oh yeah they only allowed 121 to Boston on 55 percent shooting over the weekend. If you actually been watching the nba this year you would know san antonio isn't a good offensive team so far. Ranked 25th in ppg, 23 in fg percentage, & 24th in offensive efficiency. San Antonio is a terrible offensive team so far. Nothing to get excited about here. I would be much more impressed if they do this against Toronto on Saturday who is a great offensive team this year

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Spurs offense has picked up quite a bit since the first 5 games, when they dropped 3 of 5 and struggled to score.

Since then they've been much better, especially considering the pace they've been playing at the fact they're allowing the fewest points in the league. They are 8th in the league in assists, despite their early scoring issues.

And yeah, the Cavs have had some bad defensive performances lately... that's why I was encouraged by the defense I saw last night. IMO, its the best I've seen them in terms of team defense... not just because of points allowed or fg% allowed... because of actually watching the rotations and pickups and effort and help defense I saw in the game.

I'm not saying I'm overjoyed with the way the Cavs are playing... but its early and I'm seeing encouraging improvement.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would not say the Spurs are terrible on offense.
It is more like they are consciously choosing a defensive style while the roster is banged up.
They are essentially top 3 in all the conference defensive measures.

The Spurs don't have their offensive personnel just yet.
K-Leonard still cannot see 3 feet in front of him. He is somehow playing while almost blind.
Patty Mills, Bellinelli, and Splitter are key offensive weapons for the team.

Pop is a good coach.
He understands his roster. The Spurs can change styles on a dime. They are versatile
Offense won them a title. Defense is winning games now for them.