• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cavs and Blatt

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I been asking Wiggy the same question about how many games Wade missed due to his knees for the last 6+ hours now....Kid still has yet to reply

Hes just a loud mouth.
Doesn't really follow the league IMO and is a piss poor manipulator at twisting stats.

Example, James' minutes played.
Yes, he's played less but only because he's never missed so many games.
His mpg is near identical to his seasons here.

He fails to mention though, that James is waaayyyy down in FG %, 3 pt FG%, rebounds, and prob others.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To recap:

Windhorst said that LeBron calls all the plays (although he did say Blatt sometimes call out-of-timeout plays) and Blatt repeats it like a parrot.

Windhorst cited his sources as fans who sit near the bench

Blatt essentially said.. Yeah, LeBron calls plays sometimes when we're in the flow of the game. I'm not going to call every play.

And some are seeing that as Blatt confirming Windhorst's report? :noidea:

Like I said... Windhorst is starting to feel more and more like a troll.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To recap:

Windhorst said that LeBron calls all the plays (although he did say Blatt sometimes call out-of-timeout plays) and Blatt repeats it like a parrot.

Blatt essentially said.. Yeah, LeBron calls plays sometimes when we're in the flow of the game. I'm not going to call every play.

I think ALL superstar players call the plays from time to time. I seriously doubt that MJ and Kobe ran every play that Phil wanted, every time. Same holds true for Duncan and Parker with Pop, the 80's Lakers, etc., etc.

It just seems to be much more overt with Lebron and when you add to it the dynamic of a rookie NBA head coach, a superstar who has been to 5 finals, has 2 rings and who has been handed the keys to the franchise and you are going to get these kinds of stories.

GenJac

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This doesn't make sense to me, "LeBron will take the ball, and LeBron will call the play. David Blatt will see what play LeBron calls, and he will repeat it to the team." LeBron is on the court with the other players. Why would he send a play to Blatt to have it relayed top his team mates? Wouldn't he just tell them? I don't see any coaches calling plays for every possession from the sidelines. Can't he other players hear him when he tells Blatt the play? If the other players won't run the play unless Blatt tells them, it sounds like he is still in control.

I thought that most teams had someone, usually the point guard, calling the plays. At least to the extent that they are running plays in the NBA. I didn't know that "ignore the open guy or passing and work for a one-on-one contested shot" was an actual play.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This doesn't make sense to me, "LeBron will take the ball, and LeBron will call the play. David Blatt will see what play LeBron calls, and he will repeat it to the team." LeBron is on the court with the other players. Why would he send a play to Blatt to have it relayed top his team mates? Wouldn't he just tell them? I don't see any coaches calling plays for every possession from the sidelines. Can't he other players hear him when he tells Blatt the play? If the other players won't run the play unless Blatt tells them, it sounds like he is still in control.

I thought that most teams had someone, usually the point guard, calling the plays. At least to the extent that they are running plays in the NBA. I didn't know that "ignore the open guy or passing and work for a one-on-one contested shot" was an actual play.

Thankyou! The logistics of it don't make any sense. The whole "Blatt hears what LeBron calls and then repeats it" makes zero sense if we're talking about in-game play calls. It would make sense if he was doing that during timeouts... but Windhorst actually said that was when Blatt legitimately called plays. Its all very weird.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thankyou! The logistics of it don't make any sense. The whole "Blatt hears what LeBron calls and then repeats it" makes zero sense if we're talking about in-game play calls. It would make sense if he was doing that during timeouts... but Windhorst actually said that was when Blatt legitimately called plays. Its all very weird.

Again, this is just another example of people looking for a story where there really isnt one- this is what happens when there just is not much news to report other than the team has been playing the best ball in the league since January.

When you are as high profile as the Cavs, have the most national TV games, constantly in the spotlight, -the glamour team of hte league- thisis what happens- people find small things and try and blow them up to a big thing because its LeBron- the biggest star in the game- or its Kevin Love or Kyrie- 2 guys who are among the best in the league at their spots-

Intense scrutiny and blowing up minor things into major things happens all the time when you are the best team and the focus of the league. It is something LeBron has gotten used to- it seems like something Kyrie is comfortable with- but Love thus far does not seem to be that comfortable with it.....Blatt is trying but there is going to be an adjustment there too- especially since he has not ever been in the NBA.....Love needs to come to grips that his every last word and action is going to be under the microscope when you are on a team like the Cavs.....

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Wiggy slow or just an idiot? Does he realize that Wade knees has basically given him no trouble this year at all? Anyone can deal with hamstring injuries.....just ask Tony Parker. He dealt with his hamstring issues for 2+ months. Wade maybe missed 3 or 4 games at most this year due to his knee which is nothing....almost all of his games missed this year were from hammy injuries
I dont care if he has missed zero games.

His knee has basically no cartilage in it- and Wade has lost ability because of it. He missed a lot of games last season- and LeBron did not think he could be counted on anymore. Whether its the knee or not Wade has shown that he cant stay healthy for a full season anymore and he cant do what he could do just 2-3 years ago.

I am sorry if that is something you cant accept but its just fact. Wade is not the pplayer he used to be. He never will be again. He simply CANNOt do the things that Kyrie Irving can do on a night to night, week to week, month to month, season to season basis anymore.

You know that- I know that - EVERYONE that watches the sport of basketball knows that.

Could u even imagine what shape LeBron would be in right now if he stayed with the Heat? LeBron would be done- and Wade is planning on having his knee drained because of how swollen it is- and Bosh is out

IF he had any shot at the championship he would basically have to do it all himself except for the game here or there where Wade gets enough rest and feels good.

Every day that goes by has to just confirm to him what a GREAT decision he made.....Spoelstra was running him into the ground. AT least Blatt has the sense to limit his minutes to the LEAST he has ever played in his career- and thats not just games- of which he has missed the most this season- but thats MINUTES PER GAME...

I still dont understand how LeBron was the leading rebounder on the Heat 3 years in a row. I mean- i know he is a very good rebounder- but for shit sake- get a big in there that isnt soft as hell like Bosh that can protect LeBron a little bit. No wonder he jump shipped.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Statement:

In the 3 seasons you are ripping Bosh over, he was a hand picked all star all 3 seasons ( individual accomplishment despite having to adjust his game to better James').
He was often also referred to as the Heats "most important " player.
Those same 3 seasons all ended in Finals appearances and 2 championships.

Question:

How many games did Wade miss this season because of his knees?

And, nope, we won't be .500 this season.
Doesn't matter. It's been a very unusual offseason and regular season.
You can't win every year, ( or in your teams case ever), but this team was still fun to watch and certainly looks like they will be a major player next year under any normal circumstance.

i never said Bosh was bad- if you read my comment i actually said Bosh is still a very good player-

I just said that its pathetic for a PF to average less than 7 rebounds in back to back years- and only 7 a game this season. That shows he has transformed into a finesse player. Its just what he is at this point. He excels at hitting those 18 footers. He is no longer a guy that can or wants to go down low and play in the post anymore- hes a finesse guy- at 6' 11"...

hockey878

Hoopla Cash
$ 300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To recap:

looks kinda like one too

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This doesn't make sense to me, "LeBron will take the ball, and LeBron will call the play. David Blatt will see what play LeBron calls, and he will repeat it to the team." LeBron is on the court with the other players. Why would he send a play to Blatt to have it relayed top his team mates? Wouldn't he just tell them?

The commoners are never allowed to speak directly to the king.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the Heat look old and slow

Thompson and Shumpert are pretty much doing what they want to defensively off the bench. Birdman cannot handle Thompson- way too athletic.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
actually it does not even look like Shumpert did much besides stay in front of him.......

you can turn this one off if Wade is done for the gmae....whats the point?

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
awwwwww is someone mad?

Mad?
I figured the Heat would get killed.
You might think the Cavs didn't care about getting manhandled in Miami, but I know better.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wiggy bragging about beating a mediocre team.

And you wonder why nobody likes you

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah who is mad? Every logical heat fan who watched this team play on the road for the last 2 months now expected the Cavs to win by double digits

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
people personally insult me all the time- and nothing happens- i post a thread about an NBA superstar getting hurt and it gets taken down. such a double standard

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it was a troll thread.

And telling you the STFU isn't a personal insult

You're obsessed with Wade and posted a thread to celebrate his injury.

Typical troll thread