• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Carson Wentz Apology Thread

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't like the trade for the Colts. Lot of risk on their side. Didn't work out in 2021. Tough to stick with him in 2022 and tougher to move on from him.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has Carson Wentz apologized yet?

Nope, he's too busy saving puppies and studying new ways to fuck up a football teams season.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watching this unfold makes me miss PE1 even more. He was sorta right about one thing amd I might be paraphrasing here a little. "Dak isn't half the QB wentz is." Yup, Dak is many times better than Wentz by every measure even though I'm not saying Dak is elite. He still has to beat good teams when it counts to cross that threshold. But Wentz is flat out awful. I did think he was at least servicable if Reich kept him on a short leash but he isn't. Not sure where the Colts go from here. They really have fucked up since Luck walked away into the sunset. Haven't drafted a QB that can be groomed and stuck with an albatross in Wentz that they gave away a 1st rounder for.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reich's future could be in doubt now.

And Wentz time in Indy could be very short.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watching this unfold makes me miss PE1 even more. He was sorta right about one thing amd I might be paraphrasing here a little. "Dak isn't half the QB wentz is." Yup, Dak is many times better than Wentz by every measure even though I'm not saying Dak is elite. He still has to beat good teams when it counts to cross that threshold. But Wentz is flat out awful. I did think he was at least servicable if Reich kept him on a short leash but he isn't. Not sure where the Colts go from here. They really have fucked up since Luck walked away into the sunset. Haven't drafted a QB that can be groomed and stuck with an albatross in Wentz that they gave away a 1st rounder for.
All they had to run Taylor all over the Jags and they win. Instead, they wanted Wentz to throw the ball....LOL.

17 of 29 for 185 yards, 1 TD and 1 INT plus a lost fumble.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All they had to run Taylor all over the Jags and they win. Instead, they wanted Wentz to throw the ball....LOL.

To be fair, they fell behind badly which plays right into this. But not generating any offense for 3 qtrs, then expecting Wentz to bail them out like Mahomes is a recipe for disaster. It was just the worst possible match-up for the Colts for the final game. It's like Seattle at Green Bay, Pats at Dolphins, etc. One of those places that a team just never plays well in. 7 seasons and couhting now for the Colts and aside from about a 3 year window where the Jags D was really good, Jax has just been a bad franchise. Weird and wild finish to the season for sure.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I didn't see the game, but it looks like he didn't throw a whole lot, especially early, so I think that spoke volumes about what Reich actually thought of Wentz in a big game. But they sputtered early offensively, and the defense gave up some scores, which forced Wentz to throw and he did Wentz things.

Bottom line: Wentz even with the league's leading rusher is a mediocre, mistake-prone QB. You can't excuse that by saying he shouldn't have to shoulder the offense like he was supposedly doing in Philly.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Best Part!!
Iggloo spent four years referring to Dak as the best RB in the division and then Philly takes Hurts in round two

Fly Eagles Fly

Maybe we are trying to copy Dallas's success playing running backs at QB? :noidea: :D

In all seriousness, we can only hope Hurts develops into as good of a passer as Dak. Hurts is a better runner at this stage but far less effective passing.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, what do you want me to say?

"I hereby apologize for my post on a football message board in which I talked shit about how Carson Wentz was a good quarterback and demanded that other posters apologize for dragging him. I was clearly wrong--he is a choke-prone bum and a fraud. He's also injury prone, and an anti-vaxxer, making him a terrible leader for any franchise. I wish his hair was brown, that he didn't suck, and that he wasn't a brittle bitch, but I can't change reality. I have to accept it and I have, just as I have had to accept that Dak Prescott is not a running back, but a quarterback, and a pretty good one."

Does that cover it? Stop giving me the RTK treatment, I own it at least.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, what do you want me to say?

"I hereby apologize for my post on a football message board in which I talked shit about how Carson Wentz was a good quarterback and demanded that other posters apologize for dragging him. I was clearly wrong--he is a choke-prone bum and a fraud. He's also injury prone, and an anti-vaxxer, making him a terrible leader for any franchise. I wish his hair was brown, that he didn't suck, and that he wasn't a brittle bitch, but I can't change reality. I have to accept it and I have, just as I have had to accept that Dak Prescott is not a running back, but a quarterback, and a pretty good one."

Does that cover it? Stop giving me the RTK treatment, I own it at least.
It's all good Iggloo, it's not like you're a redskin fan consumed with anything Dallas