• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Carson Wentz Apology Thread

DallasSucks

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't really have an opinion on Dak vs Carson but acting like Wentz achieved some Herculean accomplishment because they managed to go 9-7 seems like a bit of an overreach.

If he did this with a healthy WR Core consisting of upper level NFL players, a healthy Zac Ertz, a healthy stable of RB’s. His best lineman, I’d say yes. It’s an overreach.

But he did this with guys who were on the practice squad, buried on the depth chart, often inactive, and guys literally off the street. That’s what makes it a promising end.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dak Prescott:

Regular season

65.1% completion percentage, 4,902 yards, 30 TDs, 11 INTs,

Career

65.8% completion percentage, 15,778 yards, 97 TDs, 36 INTs

Carson Wentz

Regular season

63.9% completion percentage, 4,039 yards, 27 TDs, 7 INTs

Career

63.8% completion percentage, 14,191 yards, 97 TDs, 35 INTs

So, Dak has a better completion percentage, more yards, exact same number of TDs, more INTs.

A KEY point to remember when comparing the numbers: Carson has played in 56 games, versus 64 for Dak. So of course you would expect Dak to have more yards and TDs, given that he has a full half season more games under his belt.

Pretty similar, like I said. But I know...all Dallas fans would take Dak over Wentz, right? Right?
First off, you pretend missing half a season helps the Wentz argument :doh:
This years stats weren't even close AT ALL which is what the discussion was. If you want to switch to career that's fine but then your "leads his team to the playoffs goes out the window" as the Eagles went on to greater heights AFTER Wentz stopped playing the last two seasons and he has yet to even play in a playoff game and his team only made it last year because he was pulled for poor play and a fake injury. You ignore stats like YPA and QB rating because Wentz is crushed in them and like it or not they are more how QBs are graded today because they don't get skewed by Wentz not being able to play so often. Even with what you posted you would need to add 21 rushing TDs for Dak and 3 for Wentz. That is pretty significant and makes the totals: Dak 118 TDs; Wentz: 100 TDs. And don't forget career record. Dak 40-24; Wentz 32-24. It's just not close any way you look at it.

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This years stats weren't even close AT ALL which is what the discussion was. If you want to switch to career that's fine but then your "leads his team to the playoffs goes out the window" as the Eagles went on to greater heights AFTER Wentz stopped playing the last two seasons and he has yet to even play in a playoff game and his team only made it last year because he was pulled for poor play and a fake injury. You ignore stats like YPA and QB rating because Wentz is crushed in them and like it or not they are more how QBs are graded today because they don't get skewed by Wentz not being able to play so often. Even with what you posted you would need to add 21 rushing TDs for Dak and 3 for Wentz. That is pretty significant and makes the totals: Dak 118 TDs; Wentz: 100 TDs. And don't forget career record. Dak 40-24; Wentz 32-24. It's just not close any way you look at it.

Im telling you... there isn’t a fan base more disingenuous on these boards than the eagles fan base. They move the goalposts more than any other when you call them on their shit talk. @Iggloo just did it.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he did this with a healthy WR Core consisting of upper level NFL players, a healthy Zac Ertz, a healthy stable of RB’s. His best lineman, I’d say yes. It’s an overreach.

But he did this with guys who were on the practice squad, buried on the depth chart, often inactive, and guys literally off the street. That’s what makes it a promising end.
What? How many games did Ertz miss? Sanders and Boston are their best RBs by a mile. Who is his best Linemen and how many games did he miss and Ward looked like he might have been your best WR this year.

What Wentz did that was impressive this year was win games when it matters and that is one of the most important things a QB does, but he did not play that well and he showed he is really at his best when only asked to be a game manager. His OL might have been the best in the history of the NFL (when healthy of course) and his RBs at the end just dominated every team they played. I'm not sure how much credit you want to give a QB for dumping the ball off and having his RBs basically be unstoppable on big plays and having a DL that shuts down every opponent. But again, he own the games and that is what I look for in a QB so I have to give him credit for that

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
right... by winning against the easiest competition ... which was my point.

thank you

Yeah and mine was the cowboys and eagles played the same schedule minus two games. Yet Eagles went 9-7, cowboys 8-8.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I never said this year's stats were the point of discussion, I just said their stats are pretty similar.

Anyway, we get it, you love Dak. I look forward to his long-term contract as the franchise in Dallas!

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Difference is Philly actually beat a couple of real teams like the Packers. Dallas beat nobody.
At least you got that right...

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ginger is lucky they played Giants and Redskins 3 of the last 4 games. 1 win in OT and 1 on a last second TD. impressive no doubt

Dallas gets to play 2 games a year against those teams as well, right?

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never said this year's stats were the point of discussion, I just said their stats are pretty similar.

Anyway, we get it, you love Dak. I look forward to his long-term contract as the franchise in Dallas!

bwhahaha. What a liar.

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't really have an opinion on Dak vs Carson but acting like Wentz achieved some Herculean accomplishment because they managed to go 9-7 seems like a bit of an overreach.

congrats... you understand the point of the thread.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

My feelings for Dak one way or the other have nothing to do with the fact that his numbers are much better than Wentz's. Nice attempt at deflection though...

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

you acknowledge his stats are “pretty similar” then you insinuate that Dallas would be dumb to lock him up long term?

Bwhahaha. You’re the best!!

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
im just glad he finally got..... a what did they call it exactly @dbldwn711 what was the name the eagles fans were using during and after the cowboys game?

Oh!

career defining game.

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You must think Wentz minus the players Dallas would NOT have would make Dallas a guaranteed playoff team. Are all Eagles fans this moronic or just a select few?

im telling you... nobody talks more shit at 9-7 than eagles fans.

it’s hilarious

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
im just glad he finally got..... a what did they call it exactly @dbldwn711 what was the name the eagles fans were using during and after the cowboys game?

Oh!

career defining game.

see my post above

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m telling you guys, there is nothing better for this board than an eagles win. After the first game of the year they were chest thumping and talking about Wentz being mvp, d Jax “going off”, etc.

Now, they win 4 games utilizing the easiest schedule in the NFL to finish 9-7 and they create threads, bump old threads, etc. It’s fucking great!!

@Iggloo is getting his pent up anger out! The others are chest thumping. It’s gonna be a great offseason!

did you not see that MVP performance yesterday?

I didn't because Fox still put Cowboys/Redskins as game of the week even though they had only a small chance of making the playoffs...

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just checked... Seahawks are a slight favorite... on the road. Only road team to be a favorite.