• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Carson Wentz Apology Thread

Maximus Rex

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,357.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since so many of you were so, so embarrassingly wrong about Carson Wentz, I thought it would be a good idea to create a thread where you can formally apologize for the absurd stupidities you have vomited out on these pages over the past few years.

Now that Carson has led his team to the playoffs with a 4,000-yard season in which he had ZERO receivers over 500 yards--in which he threw for 1,200 yards, 7 TDs and 0 INTs for four straight wins at the end despite throwing entirely to backups and guys fresh off the practice squad--it's time for you to seek penance for your sins against the Ginger Jesus.

Line up, nice and neat. I know there are a lot of you, but be patient, your turn in the confession booth will come.

“I’m just extremely grateful to be healthy and to be playing in this meaningful game,” Wentz said, via ESPN.com. “And I know the guys are fired up. We’re fired up. It was quite the regular season for us, with a lot of ups and downs, and the way we responded late in the year with our backs against the wall, to do what we did and to get to this moment, I think guys are thankful for it. But we’re still hungry.”

Time for a nice solid "BUMP" yet? The "Ginger Jesus" indeed.

Tapey

Hooplas biggest Cardinals homer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So has Carson Wentz apologized yet?

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, what can I say. He looks bad. I would like to see a coaching change after this season to see if that makes any difference. If not, I am open to moving on from Wentz.

What bothers me most about his game is his "hero ball" tendency. He makes incredibly bad decisions trying to make plays on his own, when sometimes you want to throw the ball away or slide. This leads to tons of turnovers, and yes, frequent injuries.

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
nathan fillion castle GIF

Confused Bryan Cranston GIF

Confused Larry David GIF

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
giphy.gif

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Jeffery wants to move on from Doug than that's fine but he better trash the rest of the FO and start over.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know, theres been swirling things about carson........bad team mate, bad practice habits, not coachable, wants specifics......

they're coming from somewhere......and his play doesnt justify it.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, what can I say. He looks bad. I would like to see a coaching change after this season to see if that makes any difference. If not, I am open to moving on from Wentz.

What bothers me most about his game is his "hero ball" tendency. He makes incredibly bad decisions trying to make plays on his own, when sometimes you want to throw the ball away or slide. This leads to tons of turnovers, and yes, frequent injuries.
you know not to pile on or anything. But many of us where pointing out these tendencies when many of you were touting how phenomenal he was. So hate to say it, but these tendencies aren't new. Your team just got worse so it was harder to cover it up. making it more prevalent.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you know not to pile on or anything. But many of us where pointing out these tendencies when many of you were touting how phenomenal he was. So hate to say it, but these tendencies aren't new. Your team just got worse so it was harder to cover it up. making it more prevalent.

You may be right. I had also kind of hoped he would...you know, learn.

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You may be right. I had also kind of hoped he would...you know, learn.
Maybe the locker room rumors are true.
difficult to teach, wants it his way
Got rid of (defensive) leaders so he could become the leader of the locker room.

Sounds like he didnt..... you know, learn :heh:

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When you “think” your an mvp, you don’t think you need to
With Ginger mindsets maybe.
Mr. Forehead was always looking to learn & he was probably already the smartest man on the field. he was a multiple MVP

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Ginger mindsets maybe.
Mr. Forehead was always looking to learn & he was probably already the smartest man on the field. he was a multiple MVP
Well yes, but he WAS an mvp...not an AMVP riding BDN’s coat tails

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know, theres been swirling things about carson........bad team mate, bad practice habits, not coachable, wants specifics......

they're coming from somewhere......and his play doesnt justify it.
This was brought up on sports radio that Reich and Deflippio were the ones that were on Wentz when his mechanics were off. First year and a half he looked real good. Now both gone, he's regressed and the play calling has been sub par. I'm not sure this crew of coaches know how to get the best out of Wentz.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man I have no idea what happened to this guy but I'm extremely happy about it. Not that long ago it looked like the Eagles were set at the most important position in sports.

With that said let's not pretend that Nick Foles was the answer either. He is the definition of a journeyman backup.