• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Carson Wentz Apology Thread

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He brought up the last 4 games of stats, which yes, he did get it done with some crap talent at the skill positions.

Let's be real though, if you shagged 3 chicks off fugly row and 1 chick that was stumble down drunk and may have been heading to fugly row, would you brag about it as being an accomplishment. Hell, would you tell your friends at all?
Well, I wouldn't brag or tell anyone but sometimes those fugly chicks give the best head. Just sayin. :suds:

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've always thought that Wentz has proven to be "good". I don't see why the last four games vs NYG, WSH, DAL and NYG make him "great".

This is a great example of what I always tell people, though. The team you think is "done". So long as they have playoff life... they're just TWO wins away from those same people saying "Hey, they're getting right!" "Getting hot!" "Figuring it out!". It was the same thing with the Rams this year when they beat Arizona and Seattle. Even the Bears when they won three straight and beat up on the Cowboys on TNF. I told everyone that Kirk would get hot in October after another putrid Bears loss and still... everyone bought in. I asked... WHY!?

People have really short memories and get suckered by the same tricks. Every time.

When they Eagles were 5-7 or even 6-7 after the ugly NYG win. Ask a bunch of these people "does it really matter if they beat those four teams to go 9-7 and win the division?" So many would have said "Hell no... they suck. They can't win in the playoffs." "Even if they win! Who cares!?". Hell, their own fans... a lot of them expressed these type of sentiments.

Then, when they do... the same people are talking about how Wentz hunkered down and got it done. "Watch out for them! They can win this home playoff game!"

And they can... it's just... people are dumb.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A decade of outrageous Philly sports fan moments? Enjoy.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While accurate I still find the thread funny. The spins on this will be hilarious.

I was watching First Take and Damien Woody an unapologetic Cowboys and Dak Apologist, someone that loved say that Walk it to em was not better than Dak and even tried to deflect no weapons argument sat on the panel today and made excuse after excuse for Tom Brady because of his lack of weapons. Cracks me up how these guys don't use the same argument for everyone.

I still believe that Wentz is the best QB in his draft class. Dak is a good QB but not as good. Put Wentz on the Cowboys not only do they make the playoffs but Wentz is probably MVP as well But........one could argue he would still have Garrett as head coach. So next year will be put up or shut up for franchise tagged Dak.

This thread will be a lot of fun to watch. Especially watching PhoenixEagle go at it against HandiTard and dbldouche. I have those two asshats on ignore so I will not see those exchanges.....LOL

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Double Bird guy is still my favorite. Followed by Phillies meth head talking about the Phightins’

I like the guy getting arrested who said “go eagles”.

haha

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carson Wentz named NFC Offensive player of the week

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've always thought that Wentz has proven to be "good". I don't see why the last four games vs NYG, WSH, DAL and NYG make him "great".

This is a great example of what I always tell people, though. The team you think is "done". So long as they have playoff life... they're just TWO wins away from those same people saying "Hey, they're getting right!" "Getting hot!" "Figuring it out!". It was the same thing with the Rams this year when they beat Arizona and Seattle. Even the Bears when they won three straight and beat up on the Cowboys on TNF. I told everyone that Kirk would get hot in October after another putrid Bears loss and still... everyone bought in. I asked... WHY!?

People have really short memories and get suckered by the same tricks. Every time.

When they Eagles were 5-7 or even 6-7 after the ugly NYG win. Ask a bunch of these people "does it really matter if they beat those four teams to go 9-7 and win the division?" So many would have said "Hell no... they suck. They can't win in the playoffs." "Even if they win! Who cares!?". Hell, their own fans... a lot of them expressed these type of sentiments.

Then, when they do... the same people are talking about how Wentz hunkered down and got it done. "Watch out for them! They can win this home playoff game!"

And they can... it's just... people are dumb.
Yeah people put way too much weight on the most recent games. And the qb debates are out of control. I really think about 3/4 of the qbs in the NFL are capable of winning a super bowl, but it obviously depends on the other 49 players on their team.

Pure Steel

Hoopla Cash
$ 402.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The magical 9-7 run continues......

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is no need to apologize as we'd just have to take it back this Sunday.