• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Carson Palmer Sucks

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes. Cincy went to SD and handled their business, Arizona in Philly did not. So as it stands you have no choice but to give Cincy the edge.

But please point out where I was "wrong" and didn't "admit" to it as Tubbs is alluding. I believe you missed that part of it.

Still not what I was talking about admitting but sure keep changing the subject.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes. Cincy went to SD and handled their business, Arizona in Philly did not. So as it stands you have no choice but to give Cincy the edge.

But please point out where I was "wrong" and didn't "admit" to it as Tubbs is alluding. I believe you missed that part of it.

cam-newton.png

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Wrong about the Cards. Beating 3 bottom feeders and one spotty contender doesn't make you a top 10 team. You had them over the Bengals coming into this week.

A west coast team traveling east for an early 1:00 game. They were -3 in the turnover battle. Their best RB was a late scratch. They got jobbed on late calls. And they lost by 3 points to a division leading team.

They weren't really exposed as a fraud.

With how well the Niners and Panthers are playing you can almost stick a fork in them for the playoffs though.

If Palmer plays like he did today over the rest of the season I also think there's a good chance they move on with a new QB in the draft

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

You mean the same guy who is ranked 25th in the league by PFF in passing (-3.8) despite having a good o-line and great running game?

I always predicted that he'd have a lot of regular season success (finally!), but would struggle in the playoffs a la Mike Vick in his "prime". Also that he would never crack the top 10 as a QB.

Not sure where you believe I'm wrong.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A west coast team traveling east for an early 1:00 game. They were -3 in the turnover battle. Their best RB was a late scratch. They got jobbed on late calls. And they lost by 3 points to a division leading team.

They weren't really exposed as a fraud.

With how well the Niners and Panthers are playing you can almost stick a fork in them for the playoffs though.

If Palmer plays like he did today over the rest of the season I also think there's a good chance they move on with a new QB in the draft

I don't think the Cards are a fraud. They have a great D and they have been getting good play with Palmer in the Arians offense. But I also didn't think they were a top 10 team and didn't think they were better than the Bengals.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You mean the same guy who is ranked 25th in the league by PFF in passing (-3.8) despite having a good o-line and great running game?

I always predicted that he'd have a lot of regular season success (finally!), but would struggle in the playoffs a la Mike Vick in his "prime". Also that he would never crack the top 10 as a QB.

Not sure where you believe I'm wrong.

Time will tell.

I think he's been very impressive given his roster and coaching.

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I've never been a fan of Rivera, but Cam has always had talent on the roster. But yes, time will tell. That defense is great and the running game always good. Cam definitely has an opportunity now to help put that team over the top with more consistent throws.

The next couple of games coming up against NO will be enjoyable.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've never been a fan of Rivera, but Cam has always had talent on the roster. But yes, time will tell. That defense is great and the running game always good. Cam definitely has an opportunity now to help put that team over the top with more consistent throws.

The next couple of games coming up against NO will be enjoyable.

I don't think that team had ANY talent in 2011 when he became the qb. They were the worst team in in the league the year before that with a pretty good coach. So I'm not sure why you say he's always had talent on the roster.

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He still only has Steve Smith and then Brandon LaFell and Ted Ginn.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I don't think the Cards are a fraud. They have a great D and they have been getting good play with Palmer in the Arians offense. But I also didn't think they were a top 10 team and didn't think they were better than the Bengals.

The Bengals are stronger on the OL, which is obviously an important part of the game. Otherwise the teams are almost identical

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I don't think that team had ANY talent in 2011 when he became the qb. They were the worst team in in the league the year before that with a pretty good coach. So I'm not sure why you say he's always had talent on the roster.

Even in 2010 I believe they had one of the best running games in the league with Stewart and Williams. They were sorely lacking a QB. In comes Cam and they totally abandoned the running game (something of the sorts). Additionally, they've always had Steve Smith. Hence why I believe Rivera sucks.

I also read that of one the Carolina players complaining about Chudzinski (sp?) saying he went pass heavy last year(s) so his offense could put up gaudy stats and he could vie for a head coaching job.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even in 2010 I believe they had one of the best running games in the league with Stewart and Williams. They were sorely lacking a QB. In comes Cam and they totally abandoned the running game (something of the sorts). Additionally, they've always had Steve Smith. Hence why I believe Rivera sucks.

I also read that of one the Carolina players complaining about Chudzinski (sp?) saying he went pass heavy last year(s) so his offense could put up gaudy stats and he could vie for a head coaching job.

By the time Cam got to Carolina, Smith was entering his 11th year in the league.... It's safe to say that although he is still a weapon, he's on the back end of his career.

I never thought much of Chud as a coordinator -- I was shocked when he got the Cleveland job.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

He looked so shitty Sunday I was wondering if something was physically wrong with him. He was tossing up helium balloons for INTs. I figured that was just a cop out excuse to blame his arm issues, because just a week earlier he had plenty of velocity and pin point accuracy on his throws. I have him as a backup QB in a FFL, so I just read hee was limited in practice today because of his right elbow. He took a nasty shot on strip sack fumble on the first drive.

If he re-aggravated that injury right as he was on his best playing streak in yrs, he might be the NFL equivalent of Job.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He looked so shitty Sunday I was wondering if something was physically wrong with him. He was tossing up helium balloons for INTs. I figured that was just a cop out excuse to blame his arm issues, because just a week earlier he had plenty of velocity and pin point accuracy on his throws. I have him as a backup QB in a FFL, so I just read hee was limited in practice today because of his right elbow. He took a nasty shot on strip sack fumble on the first drive.

If he re-aggravated that injury right as he was on his best playing streak in yrs, he might be the NFL equivalent of Job.

I only saw the highlights. It looked like he had a few nice passes down the field, but his overall stats on the season suggest he has struggled pushing it down field. I agree that another elbow injury should be it for him. I suppose the 'surgery' debate (whether or not he should have had it in 2008) will rage on.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Any ball he threw over 20-25 yds in the air would look like he was just lofting it. it looked awkward to my untrained scout's eye. it could just be something that needs a little rest I suppose. it might be worse. I'd agree that if it's any type of structural damage like the last he might as well retire

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
They were definitely playing with an adjusted game plan because of Palmer's arm injury. But it was executed really well...

Their GM made a bunch of fantastic moves this off-season. The upgrade in talent with limited resources was impressive. John Abraham is a borderline HOFer who's playing his best football is years. Karols Dansby is having an all pro season. Palmer still has some tread left, and Winston is playing solid football at RT... it's really amazing that he upgraded that many important positions on the cheap. In a weaker division he'd probably get recognized as a top candidate for executive of the year

That division is killer, but if they upgrade the LT position in the offseason they can be dangerous next year

A Carolina win virtually knocks them out of playoff contention

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bad year to be in the NFC. Cards are looking like the best team that will miss the playoffs.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he throws 4 ints, and his team beats the #1 contender in their house.

Palmer may be in the playoffs yet

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
he throws 4 ints, and his team beats the #1 contender in their house.

Palmer may be in the playoffs yet

even crazier is the fact that their defense who absolutely carried them to the win this week gave up 400 yds, 4 passing tds and 34 pts to Fitzpatrick in their last game...

they just keep finding a way to win.

Arians should be the first person to win back to back coach of the year awards on two different teams.

if they sneak into the playoff they're a legit threat.

8 of their last 9- most of them in dominant fashion