• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Carson Palmer Sucks

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
The Cards schedule is ridiculously tough. They still have to go to Seattle and Philly and they have home games with the Niners and the Rams (who have suddenly become quite formidable). Not a fun year to be in the NFC.

The schedule is bad. The toughest game in theory is at Seattle. It could be winnable if Seattle clinches homefield and rests starters. if Seattle need the win they'll be a 10 point favorite and it'd almost a guaranteed loss for az.

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Starters don't typically rest in Week 16 especially with a 1st round bye. Many teams in that situation still play their starters half the game in Week 17.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Starters don't typically rest in Week 16 especially with a 1st round bye. Many teams in that situation still play their starters half the game in Week 17.

Just as a counter example, the Colts pulled Manning and a handful of key starters in week 16 of 2009 when they still had an undefeated season in the balance.

I don't think many teams risk a starting QB in a completely meaningless game.

i'm not sure how Pete Carroll would handle it though

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just as a counter example, the Colts pulled Manning and a handful of key starters in week 16 of 2009 when they still had an undefeated season in the balance.

I don't think many teams risk a starting QB in a completely meaningless game.

i'm not sure how Pete Carroll would handle it though

Those Indy teams were a different breed..... And I think people's feelings have changed after watching this strategy backfire.

I get the feeling that Carroll would try to stomp on the throat of a division rival.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Those Indy teams were a different breed..... And I think people's feelings have changed after watching this strategy backfire.

I get the feeling that Carroll would try to stomp on the throat of a division rival.

I'm not sure if it backfired entirely...

they made it to the SB so I think the momentum argument is a moot point by that time.

It was obviously a strange hypothetical. it just jumped out at me when I looked at their schedule

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

I agree. If the game were Week 17 and with an Arizona win SF missed out, then I could see him definitely rest his starters, but Week 16, just won't happen against a division rival at home. They haven't allowed a win @ home since last season, so I'm sure they'd want to keep the streak alive if only for the psychological edge in the playoffs.

Going a full month (from Game 15 to the divisional round) without real football play is never a good idea. Manning is Manning though, he's an exception.

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
If any of the below happens, SF will have the tie-breaker over Arizona:

Washington wins over SF (common games tie-breaker).
Arizona wins over Tennessee (conference games tie-breaker).

UNLESS

Arizona sweeps the division and SF loses out in the division. Then Arizona will win the tie-breaker.

In the long shot scenario that the above doesn't happen and their division records are tied, it'll go to Strength of Victory, and I have no idea who wins that.

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
In Arizona, probably zero.

Dalton SHOULD get his first win this season if the Bengals can manage to get the 3rd seed.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In Arizona, probably zero.

Dalton SHOULD get his first win this season if the Bengals can manage to get the 3rd seed.

lol don't act like the bengals are miles ahead of Arizona. please

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
lol don't act like the bengals are miles ahead of Arizona. please

The Bengals would probably make the playoffs at 9-7, and possibly at 8-8. The Cardinals probably won't at 10-6.

The Bengals have a chance to face one of the Jets/Steelers/Ravens/Titans/Chargers at home.

The Cardinals at best will face on the road the Cowboys and at worst Packers/Lions.

You do the math.

I think the Cardinals are better than the Bengals.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bengals would probably make the playoffs at 9-7, and possibly at 8-8. The Cardinals probably won't at 10-6.

The Bengals have a chance to face one of the Jets/Steelers/Ravens/Titans/Chargers at home.

The Cardinals at best will face on the road the Cowboys and at worst Packers/Lions.

You do the math.

I think the Cardinals are better than the Bengals.

oh sorry. I dont know if the Cards are better but they certainly aren't worse.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cardinals are decent over all, they have some tools, but they are in a crappy situation.

Bengals aren't playing to their potential, they should be better, but right now it's hard to assert that, the defense is banged up, and somehow managing to keep us in games.

some of those teams mentioned above, and of course Indy are just as inconsistent and could give us our first playoff win in decades.

bengaldoug

former pessimistic homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The stretch drive begins this Sunday in San Diego. We are about to find what, if anything, the Bengals are about. It's all out there in front of them. From this point out they control their own destiny. If they fail again, they need only look in the mirror to find the culprit.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Give me a fucking break. The Cardinals are in NO WAY better than the Bengals. They have the exact same record the Bengals do and they got there with a four game winning steak that included victories over three of the worst teams in the league. The two best teams in their conference beat the piss out of them.

As for the AZ poster..... I remember when you were here talking shit about the Packers.... At least until we beat them. I'm guessing you're now back to rooting for the Cards?

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Give me a fucking break. The Cardinals are in NO WAY better than the Bengals. They have the exact same record the Bengals do and they got there with a four game winning steak that included victories over three of the worst teams in the league. The two best teams in their conference beat the piss out of them.

As for the AZ poster..... I remember when you were here talking shit about the Packers.... At least until we beat them. I'm guessing you're now back to rooting for the Cards?

Why are you so angry?

It can be argued either way. They do have the same record, but the Cardinals have had the harder schedule.

They've both beat quality teams, the Bengals the Patriots, Packers, and Lions; the Cardinals the Panthers and Lions. The big difference being the Cardinals haven't lost a number of games they should've run away with. So I give the Cardinals the edge. Plus, I believe their defense is better, especially without Atkins and Hall with the Bengals.

Lastly, SF didn't beat the snot out of the Cardinals, but you may not have watched the game. Seattle did though. And both of those teams would probably also beat the snot out of the Bengals.

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I do now see you were talking about the Saints and not 49ers. In any case, they'd also beat the "piss" out of the Bengals as well. And for the record since I watched the game, it was a 10 point game in the 4th quarter against the Saints. With Washington out, they had no answer for Graham who had 134 yards and 2 TDs. They're both different teams now. Though the Saints (and Seahawks) would still beat them.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The saints have been a powerhouse when playing at home this season. we wouldn't stand a chance in NO, but if they came to us we'd have roughly a 40% chance +- 3.3333% repeating of course.

bengaldoug

former pessimistic homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Seahawks or Saints get homefield for the playoffs, you can pretty much fuggedaboudit........not so sure the Saints are built to win in New York in February, though. The Seahawks are.

bengaldoug

former pessimistic homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For those who want to debate the relative quality of the Bengals vs the Cards, I offer you two numerical ranking systems. The first is my own power ratings, updated through last night's game, and the second is total PFF points, offense, defense, and special teams added.

My PRs:

1. Denver 32.5
2. San Fran 32.0
3. Seattle 31.5
T. New England 31.5
5. Cincy 31.0
6. New Orleans 30.5
T. Carolina 30.5
8. Baltimore 26.0
9. Arizona 24.5
10. St Louis 24.0
T. Pittsburgh 24.0