• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Carson Palmer Sucks

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A trip away from a pick 6. That should do it.

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
ESPN STATS

The Seahawks recorded seven sacks, six of which were with four or fewer pass-rushers, their second most in a game in the past seven seasons.

Carson Palmer was put under duress or sacked in 27 of his 54 dropbacks.

Palmer had his fifth straight game with multiple interceptions, the first quarterback with such a streak since Vinny Testaverde for the 2000 Jets.

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I told you guys he would throw 25ish INTs.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The first INT should have been PI...however, Carson woefully underthrew his WR. If he lays it out there, it's a catch. Carson "Dalton'd" that ball to his WR.

The second INT, Carson was just throwing towards his WR to get rid of the ball before he got sacked. It was a careless throw simply to avoid getting nailed.

bengaldoug

former pessimistic homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The first one, to Fitz, could have gone for six if he got it out there. Fitz had a step and if he had been hit in stride I could easily have seen him going all the way after breaking a tackle.

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The first one, to Fitz, could have gone for six if he got it out there. Fitz had a step and if he had been hit in stride I could easily have seen him going all the way after breaking a tackle.

Palmer should have had another one that he threw right to Richard Sherman and Michael Floyd knocked it away at the last second.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's hard to believe that CP was worth a 1st and 3rd as recently as two seasons ago.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
An interesting perspective on Carson Palmer

Bill Barnwell on Carson Palmer - Grantland

I'd say most of it is fair.

One thing I'd disagree with was that the knee injury indirectly led to the elbow injury.His arm got bent the wrong way on a blindside hit from an untouched defensive back. the hit caused the injury imo.

the article makes you wonder if Tommy John surgery was the best plan at that point

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
The first INT should have been PI...however, Carson woefully underthrew his WR. If he lays it out there, it's a catch. Carson "Dalton'd" that ball to his WR.

The second INT, Carson was just throwing towards his WR to get rid of the ball before he got sacked. It was a careless throw simply to avoid getting nailed.

I don't think it was PI. The corner timed it perfectly imo. even in slow motion i couldnt tell if the ball or the contact was first.

Also I didn't think the throw was as poor as everyone else in the thread. Fitzgerald had a half a step on the corner and Palmer put it on him. it was just a great defensive play by the corner and Earl Thomas. Palmer played poorly overall but I didn't think there was anything wrong with the throw

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing I'd disagree with was that the knee injury indirectly led to the elbow injury.His arm got bent the wrong way on a blindside hit from an untouched defensive back. the hit caused the injury imo.

the article makes you wonder if Tommy John surgery was the best plan at that point

I always believed it was the arm injury and not the knee injury that hurt his career more.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I always believed it was the arm injury and not the knee injury that hurt his career more.

I agree. His whole game was based on arm talent. There are times when his arm looks good, but it's been erratic since that injury

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the knee injury messed with his mind more, but the elbow injury hurt his physical game more.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think it was PI. The corner timed it perfectly imo. even in slow motion i couldnt tell if the ball or the contact was first.

Also I didn't think the throw was as poor as everyone else in the thread. Fitzgerald had a half a step on the corner and Palmer put it on him. it was just a great defensive play by the corner and Earl Thomas. Palmer played poorly overall but I didn't think there was anything wrong with the throw

Defensive holding at least, but clearly contact before the attempted catch. Woefully underthrown, as Fitz had more than 1/2 step. Yes, it was a good play by the defender on the actual INT, but it was an easy catch if Carson doesn't under throw him forcing Fitz to stop/slow down.

Jesus. 3 years later and people are still making fucking excuses for Carson Palmer. The guy fucking sucks. Let's all move on.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Defensive holding at least, but clearly contact before the attempted catch. Woefully underthrown, as Fitz had more than 1/2 step. Yes, it was a good play by the defender on the actual INT, but it was an easy catch if Carson doesn't under throw him forcing Fitz to stop/slow down.

Jesus. 3 years later and people are still making fucking excuses for Carson Palmer. The guy fucking sucks. Let's all move on.

I saw Fitzgerald with his arms extended in front of him attempting to make a catch in one on one coverage. It doesn't matter if its Palmer, Dalton, Brady etc. The throw was there. There was little seperation and a great play by the defender.

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

Who's making excuses?

Well I guess this could be considered an excuse:

...oh wait...that was YOU!

Oops!