• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Carson Palmer Sucks

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I think this week is almost a must win for them. They can't fall to 0-3 in a division when division record will be an important tie breaker

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You really think they will be favored 3 of the next 4? Even with Atlanta and Houston sucking I think both beat Zona and Seattle almost assuredly does. That leaves their lone win IMO against Jax.

Yes, they will be favored in 3 of next 4. Atlanta isn't giving points to a 3 win team in their building - Especially without Jones and possibly without White. I'm not saying AZ will definitely win here, but again it's in the desert.

Houston is definitely not giving points in the desert.... They have almost completely imploded.

Jax will not be favored this year.

I'll be here J-Will style if I'm wrong.

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
You really think they will be favored 3 of the next 4? Even with Atlanta and Houston sucking I think both beat Zona and Seattle almost assuredly does. That leaves their lone win IMO against Jax.

They had the ball in the redzone around the 12 yard line late in the 3rd quarter down 22-20 (on the road) before Fitzgerald fumbled the ball over to the 49ers. That was following their long 80 yard drive for 7 points to start the 2nd half. Whether the Cardinals win those games against Atlanta or Houston not, I think they're much better than you're giving them credit for.

Last edited by a moderator:

bengaldoug

former pessimistic homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have a solid defense, and that alone will keep you in games. If Palmer could start playing anywhere near his first game, they could make a run at the playoffs. Unfortunately Carson has been pretty bad the last few weeks.

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
They have a solid defense, and that alone will keep you in games. If Palmer could start playing anywhere near his first game, they could make a run at the playoffs. Unfortunately Carson has been pretty bad the last few weeks.

He had a very good 2nd half, derailed by a couple of fumbles and the 49ers insane 9.5 minute drive. I've seen all of their games and it's really the first time they've looked good for more than 1 series at a time since game 1 (they had their moments in game 2). We'll see if they can carry that over against Seattle. But if I'm Carson, I'm wondering if I'm ever going to see a bad defense this season.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He had a very good 2nd half, derailed by a couple of fumbles and the 49ers insane 9.5 minute drive. I've seen all of their games and it's really the first time they've looked good for more than 1 series at a time since game 1 (they had their moments in game 2). We'll see if they can carry that over against Seattle. But if I'm Carson, I'm wondering if I'm ever going to see a bad defense this season.

He gets a crack at Atlanta soon. I think they chose to go without a pass rush this season.

St. Louis and Detroit are average Ds at best.

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He gets a crack at Atlanta soon. I think they chose to go without a pass rush this season.

St. Louis and Detroit are average Ds at best.

St. Louis defense can be absolutely devastating if they decide to play. Some games they decide not to though.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
St. Louis defense can be absolutely devastating if they decide to play. Some games they decide not to though.

Same can be said for ours..... And we made Thad Lewis look like an all-pro yesterday.

bengaldoug

former pessimistic homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same can be said for ours..... And we made Thad Lewis look like an all-pro yesterday.

As much as I love Zim, I'm still trying to figure out why he thought having Carlos Dunlap cover the TE on fourth and 8 was a good idea.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As much as I love Zim, I'm still trying to figure out why he thought having Carlos Dunlap cover the TE on fourth and 8 was a good idea.

I'm fairly sure Iloka fucked up on that play. I thought I saw someone giving him shit on the sideline. I wonder if he was supposed to be the one deep guy and diagnose which side needed help and he simply chose wrong.

bengaldoug

former pessimistic homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think I could complete passes downfield vs Atlanta. He should light them up. I saw his grade for yesterday (-3.7). I didn't see the game so I have no frame of reference but if he had a great 2nd half, that 1st half must have been a nightmare.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I think I could complete passes downfield vs Atlanta. He should light them up. I saw his grade for yesterday (-3.7). I didn't see the game so I have no frame of reference but if he had a great 2nd half, that 1st half must have been a nightmare.

I don't have PFF stats, but to put in to prescriptive with regular ones...

He started the game 2 of 6 for 5 yds 0 td and 2 ints. there were a couple of other passes that could have been picked too

After that he was 23-35 for 295 yds 2 tds and 0 int. He also had a 50 yd td pass called back on an offensive pass interference penalty.

Before Fitzgerald's fumble it looked like they had a legit shot to take that game.

They were running the ball really well too. Thursday will show quickly if there offense is actually starting to play better or if it was a fluke.

I'd be surprised if Palmer isn't on a short leash because of turnovers. He had a stretch of 7 INTs in 7 quarters from the 2nd half vs TB through the 1st quarter against SF.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marvin took a little jab at Carson during his presser today.... Was being asked about Dalton and how he compares to other qbs and he mentioned that his 'predecessor' never won games as consistently.

I'm looking forward to when Carson finally spills the beans about his departure.

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

There is an offense: All it took for the Cardinals offense to come to life were two interceptions by quarterback Carson Palmer in the game’s first six minutes. Then it was like a switch was flipped and Palmer was making passes we haven’t seen since the first couple weeks of the season. He was threading needles and lofting fades perfectly over defenders -- both types of passes that were picked off at various times this season. And Arizona coach Bruce Arians went to the run game early in the second half, which provided a much-needed balance and slowed the pass rush, giving Palmer more time in the pocket to make better passes. It’s all a domino effect.

Upon Further Review: Arizona Cardinals Week 6 - ESPN

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Marvin took a little jab at Carson during his presser today.... Was being asked about Dalton and how he compares to other qbs and he mentioned that his 'predecessor' never won games as consistently.

I'm looking forward to when Carson finally spills the beans about his departure.

Someone should ask Marvin how his coaching records compares to other head coaches that have been tenured half as long as he has in any professional sport.

Maybe he'll resign in shame.

The Carson insider - who by his own account has seen 99% of Carson's games since high school (how could it not be a relative) - now posts on an Arizona board I came across. He's mentioned quite a few tidbits, but pertaining to Marvin, he did mention that a time came when Marvin no longer allowed Carson to call timeouts from the field. Timeouts would only be called by himself. Also, that a point in time came when Carson was pretty much forced to run one of a couple plays that would come from Brat through his headset. And many times Brat was slow getting the play to him. So, if anyone recalls the many issues the Bengals in Carson's later years had avoiding delay of game penalties, apparently Marvin was the root of the problem.

I wonder if they've carried any of that over to Dalton because we do get plenty of uncalled for timeouts and delay of game penalties.

bengaldoug

former pessimistic homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is an offense: All it took for the Cardinals offense to come to life were two interceptions by quarterback Carson Palmer in the game’s first six minutes. Then it was like a switch was flipped and Palmer was making passes we haven’t seen since the first couple weeks of the season. He was threading needles and lofting fades perfectly over defenders -- both types of passes that were picked off at various times this season. And Arizona coach Bruce Arians went to the run game early in the second half, which provided a much-needed balance and slowed the pass rush, giving Palmer more time in the pocket to make better passes. It’s all a domino effect.

Upon Further Review: Arizona Cardinals Week 6 - ESPN

Every once in awhile Carson still shows flashes of the guy who was a top three quarterback in 2005 before the knee injury. I still don't know what happened to him here, but like grad said I can't wait to hear him speak to that.

Even at his best though, he was always somewhat high risk/high reward, and the pick six was always a possibility. Carson has really become in enigmatic character.

bengaldoug

former pessimistic homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Someone should ask Marvin how his coaching records compares to other head coaches that have been tenured half as long as he has in any professional sport.

The Carson insider - who by his own account has seen 99% of Carson's games since high school (how could it not be a relative) - now posts on an Arizona board I came across. He's mentioned quite a few tidbits, but pertaining to Marvin, he did mention that a time came when Marvin no longer allowed Carson to call timeouts from the field. Timeouts would only be called by himself. Also, that a point in time came when Carson was pretty much forced to run one of a couple plays that would come from Brat through his headset. And many times Brat was slow getting the play to him. So, if anyone recalls the many issues the Bengals in Carson's later years had avoiding delay of game penalties, apparently Marvin was the root of the problem.

I wonder if they've carried any of that over to Dalton because we do get plenty of uncalled for timeouts and delay of game penalties.

Surely they have. If they weren't willing to let Palmer assume these duties, there's little chance that Dalton would be given them. It does clear up a few things, as it seems like this has always been a problem no matter who is our oc.

bengaldoug

former pessimistic homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Why would he resign? He's got a great job guaranteed until he's ready to retire, his owner loves him for some unknown reason, and he is financially set for life. Would you quit? I know I wouldn't. He's the only NFL head coach anywhere on the planet with real job security.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This makes complete sense. In fact, I seem to remember a press conference or some other time when either Marvin or Carson were talking about game management and that time outs come from the sidelines..... It was a real head scratcher because we had just butchered the clock within the last two minutes of a half or game. I wish I remembered the details better, but this jives with it.

I'm fairly sure the management is still all handled on the sideline -- We do continue to have delays and mistakes. I think overall though that Jay than Brat is faster in returning plays. He seems to like to get Dalton to the line with more than 15 seconds left on the play clock.