• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Carson Palmer Sucks

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
And a shitty guy like Dandy has a winning record for our shitty organization. Why couldn't a superstar like Carson? You can't have it both ways.

With Carson it's always an excuse why his talent isn't enough to lead a team.

Notice how I referenced those teams in the decade "prior to Carson showing up". Why did I do that? Because obviously this organization has begun turning it around (or it seems...TBD).

But anyhow, are you going on the record to say:

1) the organization in the years Carson was here = the organization in the years since Dandy has been here?
2) the talent and ability on the defensive side of the ball during Carson's years = the talent and ability on the defensive side of the ball since Dandy has been here?

Just curious. Even you can't truly believe the "argument" you just made.

And btw, not sure when "solid" began equating to "superstar". Or maybe you just need to use hyperbole to even attempt to make an argument at this.

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm on record as being drunk.

Continue....

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Notice how I referenced those teams in the decade "prior to Carson showing up". Why did I do that? Because obviously this organization has begun turning it around (or it seems...TBD).

But anyhow, are you going on the record to say:

1) the organization in the years Carson was here = the organization in the years since Dandy has been here?
2) the talent and ability on the defensive side of the ball during Carson's years = the talent and ability on the defensive side of the ball since Dandy has been here?

Just curious. Even you can't truly believe the "argument" you just made.

And btw, not sure when "solid" began equating to "superstar". Or maybe you just need to use hyperbole to even attempt to make an argument at this.

To the first bold point..... What is this supposed to mean? I'm retarded? Irrational? Get over yourself dude.

To the second point.... I'd say Palmer was considered a top 5 qb by most pundits in 05, 06, 07, 08 (before injury). And I'd say he was considered a top 10-15 qb every other year he played. He was also an overall number 1 draft pick. When did we start considering him 'solid' and not a 'franchise' or 'superstar' type player?

To the other points.... Palmer took over an 8-8 ball club that was much better than the 2010 team that Dalton took over for. Palmer had a horrible defense. No argument. Palmer had a much better o-line and a better set of receivers than Dalton.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
If Palmer and his Wrs stay healthy he's going to become "the worst QB to throw for 5000 yds in a season". and they'll probably win 5-7 games.. making him "the best veteran QB to never win a playoff game" and the debate will never end..

everyone has their opinion and it won't change..

my prediction

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
To the first bold point..... What is this supposed to mean? I'm retarded? Irrational? Get over yourself dude.

To the second point.... I'd say Palmer was considered a top 5 qb by most pundits in 05, 06, 07, 08 (before injury). And I'd say he was considered a top 10-15 qb every other year he played. He was also an overall number 1 draft pick. When did we start considering him 'solid' and not a 'franchise' or 'superstar' type player?

To the other points.... Palmer took over an 8-8 ball club that was much better than the 2010 team that Dalton took over for. Palmer had a horrible defense. No argument. Palmer had a much better o-line and a better set of receivers than Dalton.

1) You always have been when it comes to Carson. For one, this entire thread is evidence of that. Secondly, lest you forget, just 5 days ago you were making the opposite argument that the Bengals management over the last 2 years has been "highly commendable" and "first-rate". So, irrational? Yes.

http://www.sportshoopla.com/forums/...1-bengals-extend-atkins-5yrs-55million-2.html

2) The original post to which you retorted merely mentioned Carson had a "solid" outing. Nothing more, nothing less.

Nonetheless, "franchise" is not synonymous to "superstar" and "elite" (words YOU used). But it is with "solid". Do I think Carson's talents and abilities make him a "solid" and "franchise" (not considering age) type player, absolutely.

And he hasn't been considered an "elite QB for most of his career" (as you stated) even by your own standards (4 years bolded above out of the 10 he's been around).

3) By name, Carson had better receivers. Include the OC and the system and it isn't even close in favor of Dandy. Palmer's 8-8 club was not better than the 2010 club Dalton inherited.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1) You always have been when it comes to Carson. For one, this entire thread is evidence of that. Secondly, lest you forget, just 5 days ago you were making the opposite argument that the Bengals management over the last 2 years has been "highly commendable" and "first-rate". So, irrational? Yes.

http://www.sportshoopla.com/forums/...1-bengals-extend-atkins-5yrs-55million-2.html

2) The original post to which you retorted merely mentioned Carson had a "solid" outing. Nothing more, nothing less.

Nonetheless, "franchise" is not synonymous to "superstar" and "elite" (words YOU used). But it is with "solid". Do I think Carson's talents and abilities make him a "solid" and "franchise" (not considering age) type player, absolutely.

And he hasn't been considered an "elite QB for most of his career" (as you stated) even by your own standards (4 years bolded above out of the 10 he's been around).

3) By name, Carson had better receivers. Include the OC and the system and it isn't even close in favor of Dandy. Palmer's 8-8 club was not better than the 2010 club Dalton inherited.

Bullshit.... You know perfectly well why the thread was made..... It wasn't me being vindictive - It was because several folks asked that there be one post where everyone would make their comments about Palmer. As a matter of fact, you were one of the major contributors to the post. I'm sorry that my appending the word 'sucks' to the post has you so butthurt. I can take it off if will help alleviate the pain.

Don't think much of the team Carson inherited? The immortal Jon Kitna led them to an 8-8 mark. Palmer improved on that exactly twice in his entire tenure with the Bengals.

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I was referring to your POSTS in this thread. Not the thread itself. Every step of the way it has been you on the other side of the debate, many times with the same tired, irrational arguments. Oh, and Tubbs as well, but as usual he never has anything of substance to add.

I can't really take anything away from Kitna that year. He had a solid year. 3600 yards, 26 TDs, 15 INT, 63% completion. The team had really responded to Marvin that year - too bad it didn't take long for that excitement to wane. Let's also not forget Kitna has had a couple 4000 yard seasons as well. He was never much more than a game manager, but he was a decent QB nonetheless.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What side of the debate? I've basically said he won't succeed - Why is that wrong? Why is that debatable?

What exactly have I said that is so wrong? His teams have not won games. Either he has horrible luck (and a lousy agent) or he underperformed for a guy that was given the contracts he had to play the game.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Palmer had the highest PFF grade at QB this week. not sure how that works?

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Palmer had the highest PFF grade at QB this week. not sure how that works?

He had one bad throw all game, which was the interception. Not sure what happened there, but it looked like he may have just lost control of the ball or something as he was releasing as it wasn't anywhere close to being in the vicinity of the receiver.

Outside of that, he looked very impressive. Having very good receivers and for the first time in his career a very good play caller will do that. They are a LT away from having one of the best offenses in the league. Unfortunately, LT might be the 2nd most important position on offense after QB, and they are not easy to come by, so it may have to wait until next season.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Picked him up in round 7 or 8 of my FFL draft. No one wanted to touch him but in that offense, they are going to throw the ball a ton. As my flex option or backup to Ryan, I'll take it.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I might try to find a prospect and drop Eli Manning... I can probably pick up Carson on Waivers in a few weeks if I need a backup QB again

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't see the play, but I noticed Palmer had his patented pick 6.

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Didn't see the play, but I noticed Palmer had his patented pick 6.

I saw the play and it was a miscommunication with his backup TE. The TE stopped and Carson threw under pressure assuming his TE would run through the zone.

Just curious, but did you also notice the go ahead TD drive - without Fitzgerald - for the win with 2 minutes remaining in the game?