• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Carson Palmer Sucks

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they play SF next week, which is hard, but its at home in Arizona, so that should favor them.

would be more fun if both SF and BAL were eliminated, they just knocked off the top rated team, if they follow that with beating SF then the playoffs would be just continuation of that level of competition.

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
they play SF next week, which is hard, but its at home in Arizona, so that should favor them.

would be more fun if both SF and BAL were eliminated, they just knocked off the top rated team, if they follow that with beating SF then the playoffs would be just continuation of that level of competition.

For Arizona to make it they obviously have to win next week, but they also need either SF to lose at home to Atlanta tonight or the Saints to lose next week at home to the Bucs. Tough task for Arizona either way.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no posts since before Christmas, does this still deserve stickiness?

Not much to comment on in the offseason -- Unless we want to evaluate Carson's golf game.

I suspect there will once again be a lot of chatter about Palmer again next season. The Cards really rounded into form late last season and they'll be an interesting to team to watch this year. I think it's worth keeping the sticky.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
What a great move their GM made signing Veldheer.

With Veldheer at LT and Cooper back from injury their OL could go from one of the worst in the league to above average really quickly

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Carson must be comfortable with him given he was Carson's LT in his time in Oakland.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Yeah, he's not all pro, but he's a really solid LT. I'm sure Palmer will appreciate the upgrade. And it definitely opens up the playbook for Arians to take more shots downfield.

Speaking of which, they signed Ted Ginn as their new number 3 WR. That adds the speed element Arians looks for in the vertical passing game. Ginn on his own is flawed, but a WR group of Fitzgerald, Floyd and Ginn might be really good.

It's a shame they're in such a brutal division. They're GM has done a great job.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the only worthwhile story of the preseason is which people make the 3rd team.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Over a month with no Palmer talk?

Really good offseason for Palmer.

The Cardinals add an above average LT. They get back their blue chip, top ten pick at LG. Huge upgrades at TE with Carlson (if healthy) and Niklas. They add the Bruce Arians speed receivers in Tedd Ginn and John Brown.

Their QB pick was a project who'll need at least a season before he can even challenge for #2 on the depth chart. Thomas probably had the highest upside of any QB in the draft, but Palmer will be ready to retire by the time he can compete to be a starter

That offense was really good the second half of the season, and barring injury they should be considerably better this year.

The big problem is still the division. It's the most competitive division I can remember since the NFC East in the late 80's/early 90's

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Over a month with no Palmer talk?

Really good offseason for Palmer.

The Cardinals add an above average LT. They get back their blue chip, top ten pick at LG. Huge upgrades at TE with Carlson (if healthy) and Niklas. They add the Bruce Arians speed receivers in Tedd Ginn and John Brown.

Their QB pick was a project who'll need at least a season before he can even challenge for #2 on the depth chart. Thomas probably had the highest upside of any QB in the draft, but Palmer will be ready to retire by the time he can compete to be a starter

That offense was really good the second half of the season, and barring injury they should be considerably better this year.

The big problem is still the division. It's the most competitive division I can remember since the NFC East in the late 80's/early 90's

They'll win 8-9 games and miss the playoffs. No reason to get excited. Same as us.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
They'll win 8-9 games and miss the playoffs. No reason to get excited. Same as us.

I wouldn't disagree. That division is insane. But they were 7-2 in their last 9 games. And both of those losses were by 3 points to NFC playoff teams.

Plus they actively tried to upgrade their enitre roster. That's the main difference. Their coach is better too

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
8-2 in his last 10 starts. 300 plus yds a game and close to a 100 passing during that stretch after years of struggling. Now injured with rumors floating around that it's serious. the most hexed career in league history!

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you can take the Bengal out of the Jungle, but you can't take the Bengal out of the player.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you can take the Bengal out of the Jungle, but you can't take the Bengal out of the player.

I don't think that's true anymore.

Don't tell me that Carson doesn't see the talent around Dalton (offense AND defense) and think back going "Damn...I fucked up". He's lyin' if he says otherwise.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think that's true anymore.

Don't tell me that Carson doesn't see the talent around Dalton (offense AND defense) and think back going "Damn...I fucked up". He's lyin' if he says otherwise.

he would just give a politically correct response.
he probably thinks, "at least there's no trash on my lawn"