• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Carson Palmer Sucks

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has talent out in the desert.

I think Arizona can be as good as SF and might challenge them for second in the division. I still can't see either team beating out Seattle.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has talent out in the desert.

I think Arizona can be as good as SF and might challenge them for second in the division. I still can't see either team beating out Seattle.

well, problem with Carson and Arizona now is that he's hurt.

would be nice to see if he could have pulled it off though.

not sure who their backup even is.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well, problem with Carson and Arizona now is that he's hurt.

would be nice to see if he could have pulled it off though.

not sure who their backup even is.

Drew Stanton.... I think the best thing you can about his performance yesterday is that he didn't throw a pick.

With the talent on that defense, that's a good strategy.

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
They won't beat the Niners on Sunday with Stanton. They need Carson back. It's a very winnable game for them.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Out again this week. I'm thinking he might be done for good. It sounds like his arm is dead and they're waiting for it come back. I'd say another few weeks and they'll have to seriously consider surgery. But at his career stage is it even worth it? He was on such a great run too.

I think they can win with Stanton if the defense holds up, but at some point their lack of a natural pass rush/blitz heavy play calling has to catch up with them

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Out again this week. I'm thinking he might be done for good. It sounds like his arm is dead and they're waiting for it come back. I'd say another few weeks and they'll have to seriously consider surgery. But at his career stage is it even worth it? He was on such a great run too.

I think they can win with Stanton if the defense holds up, but at some point their lack of a natural pass rush/blitz heavy play calling has to catch up with them

If it is in fact only a bruised nerve (and not damaged or severed), it can take anywhere from a few weeks to a few months to heal.

Sure, he could be out for the entire season, but 2 weeks is probably too early to project that possibility with any certainty.

Raid

Hoopla Cash
$ 21.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By popular demand.....

A single thread to post your thoughts about Carson Palmer. All other posts about Carson will be deleted.

He could not hack it on 'my' Raiders. Nuf said.:doh:

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Looking at the Cardinal's schedule:

SF
Bye
@Denver
Washington
@Oakland

The Cardinals have a SF team at home today that will likely be without Vernon Davis and a plethora of other defensive starters (Bowman, Brock, Aldon Smith). Even with Stanton they have a chance to win this game.

If they do win this game, sitting at 3-0 going into their bye, they've bought Carson a lot of time to get his shoulder right. I doubt they would win @Denver with or without Carson given their blitz heavy defense doesn't matchup well with Peyton. And they should be favored against Washington at home especially if RGIII is back by then, and they should be favored against @Oakland.

That gives Carson a solid 5 more weeks to get healthy (7 weeks from injury) before their schedule gets tougher.

If they lose tonight against a division rival, then that puts a lot more pressure on Carson to get healthy and come back.

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Last season when Aldon Smith was actin' a fool, the 49ers had a big game coming up against the Colts, but Harbaugh refused to bench Smith. The refs proceeded to not give them the benefit of any doubt in that game. They were flagged 6 times for 48 yards (Colts were 1 time for 10 yards).

After refusing to bench McDonald last week, the 49ers were flagged 16 times for 118 yards (Chicago was 10 for 58 yards). Following suit this week, they were flagged 9 times for 107 yards on some questionable calls (Arizona was 5 times for 36 yards).

Maybe someone should pass Harbaugh a hint to deactivate Ray McDonald.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

Boy was I wrong:L. His arm looked 90 percent this week.

If they keep winning Arians will get a ton of credit and deservedly so, but their GM Steve Keim is doing just as good a job.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Beautiful pass by Palmer in a big spot on Sunday. Arians and Palmer are a nice match.

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I only saw the highlights, but the 20/42 is ugly. Not sure what happened there.

BKBroiler9000

Glass Eater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I miss Carson. We blew it while he was here. Hope he wins a SB in Arizona.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Another great move by their GM. If Palmer keeps playing at a top 10 level like he has since this time last season it's a bargain. If the worst case scenario happens and he and the team implode they can get out of the contract after next season. Even if the bottom falls out this year they've won too many games to have a realistic shot at a safe bet franchise QB in the 1st round anyway

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eerie..... In 2005 Palmer signed an extension and then shredded the left knee. Did history just repeat itself?

Didn't look all that bad, but I guess that doesn't mean much.