• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Carson Palmer Sucks

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not to go OT, but the Pats offense looked scary tonight.. I was hoping they were finally due for a down yr (for them that's 10-11 wins).. doesn't look like that's happening

I've been excited coming into this year for a while now because I saw a lot of it coming. Welker and woodhead especially really needed to be gone.

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Long article, but a pretty good read. Bleacherreport has been impressing me with their in-depth analyses. They just recently had one of why the writer believed the Browns would be the surprise team of the league.

Breaking Down the Carson Palmer-Larry Fitzgerald Connection | Bleacher Report

Over the second half of his career, Palmer has developed a reputation that is synonymous with throwing interceptions. More precisely, throwing interceptions at the wrong times. Palmer's reputation is similar to that of an ambulance driver who collects patients, gets them to the hospital in excellent time, but then crashes into the wall of the building.

That perception may be accurate, but it's something that teams can work around to lessen his exposure in those situations, and it didn't show up as a major problem when analyzing his interceptions from the 2012 season.

[Graph in the article]

Palmer threw 14 interceptions on 565 attempts last season. Numbers that are good enough for a 2.47 percent rate, or one interception for every 40 attempts. Four of Palmer's interceptions were results of outside influences (like when the quarterback made an accurate throw, such as an interception that came when the receiver dropped the pass).

More importantly, only two of his interceptions came late in a game when he forced a throw with the game on the line, and two more came when he forced a throw with the game already decided.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Long article, but a pretty good read. Bleacherreport has been impressing me with their in-depth analyses. They just recently had one of why the writer believed the Browns would be the surprise team of the league.

Breaking Down the Carson Palmer-Larry Fitzgerald Connection | Bleacher Report

When it comes to Carson, there always seems to be a number of advanced stats showing why 'X' number of INTs were not his fault. I can remember this especially from his 2010 season. Makes me wonder whether he is just very unlucky to play for bad teams or if this is also true for a bunch of other QBs.

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
When it comes to Carson, there always seems to be a number of advanced stats showing why 'X' number of INTs were not his fault. I can remember this especially from his 2010 season. Makes me wonder whether he is just very unlucky to play for bad teams or if this is also true for a bunch of other QBs.

Probably a little bit of both. I do recall one where he hit his TE in the endzone, the ball bounced off his chest and into a defender's hands for an INT. The video is in this thread somewhere. That's just dumb luck. Every QB throws interceptions that can be solely blamed on the receiver, but 4 is a lot for 14 games.

He's also had the fortune of playing (in 2010) with TO as his top receiver who led the league for 3 straight seasons in interceptions with 3 different QB's when being targeted.

Then at the same time, his arm isn't what it was in 2005, but I think in his mind he thinks it is. And at times it is, but also at times he just simply loses control of the ball, mostly a product of his elbow injury. Inconsistent to say the least.

I think if any season will tell the story, it will be this one. His later years in Cincinnati were a debacle and Oakland has been one for at least a decade. He finally has competent receivers and a competent OC. His o-line is shaky, but you can say that about a lot of teams. The defenses he has to go up against are top notch, but he has the supporting cast to move the ball and put up good numbers.

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Palmers line just got a little worse with Jonathan Cooper breaking his leg.

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
They might also have the worst LT in the league.

They also have their starting RB, TE, and slot receiver (Mendenhall, Housler, Roberts) receiving MRI's for various reasons.

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since so many of you boners are still obsessed with everything Carson Palmer does for some reason, are any of you seeing him carve up St. Louis? He's made some very impressive throws today.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Since so many of you boners are still obsessed with everything Carson Palmer does for some reason, are any of you seeing him carve up St. Louis? He's made some very impressive throws today.

In classic Palmer fashion he's looked like a probowler for stretches, and then threw practice squad/rookie int out of nowhere..

his arm strength is back though. his zip and accuracy look like they did before his elbow injury

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
His LT is going to get him killed. 2 sacks and 2 holding calls so far.

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
his arm strength is back though. his zip and accuracy look like they did before his elbow injury

It has been impressive so far. Also glad to see the Cardinals have a QB who can get a ball to Fitz again

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
??? stupid thread but whatever. Hes doing a solid job today vs the Rams.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
??? stupid thread but whatever. Hes doing a solid job today vs the Rams.

This thread has existed for over a year. It exists to keep multiple threads appearing every time Palmer plays a football game.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cool story. Ill never be here again. Have fun rooting for the Bengals. Must be tough.