• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Carson Palmer Sucks

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dalton hasn't quite hit the peak that Palmer had.... he may, or he may not. I think Dalton has more heart than Palmer, but that's strickly a matter of opinion, I don't know the men personally. Palmer may yet make some kind of a Gannonesque comeback, but I don't see it happening all that soon. He'd be more likely to lose more games with the Chiefs or something horrible like that.

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Facts: Andy Dalton has quarterbacked a team into the playoffs twice in two years. His two year record is better than any two-year record Carson Palmer generated for the Bengals. His QB rating has been better than Palmer's each of the last two seasons.

Sanchez quarterbacked his team to the AFCCG twice. Flacco has as well maybe more than twice. As has Alex Smith once.

The reality behind all these players/teams is that their respective defenses have "quarterbacked" them to where ever they have gone, and they've mostly been along for the ride. They're game managers capable of winning games themselves every now and then.

How convenient when the stats don't tell the story we want it to tell we jump to records to bail us out in the ultimate team sport.

Roethlisberger is a very good QB. Ironically, even he hasn't sniffed the playoffs the 2 years his defense has sucked.

Furthermore, Dalton has a much better o-line, running game, receiving corps, much much better OC, and complimentary defense to take the pressure off than Carson. Oh, and he has Green. Despite which Dalton has put up nearly identical stats to Carson (a whopping 1.7 QBRating more - statistically insignificant). To say Dalton has put up better numbers or has had a better year statistically all things considered is laughable.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't give you anything but facts. You can explain anything the way you wish. Have fun with it.

Oh, and Carson still sucks.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
It'll be interesting to see if he's in Oakland next yr. they can't mortgage their future cap on a veteran QB who'll be retired by the time their ready to compete.

I get people thinking that he sucks, but I went into the season thinking he's a solid starting QB. nothing I saw this yr changed my mind.

He'd be a really good fit in AZ if Wisenhunt stays on as coach.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It'll be interesting to see if he's in Oakland next yr. they can't mortgage their future cap on a veteran QB who'll be retired by the time their ready to compete.

I get people thinking that he sucks, but I went into the season thinking he's a solid starting QB. nothing I saw this yr changed my mind.

He'd be a really good fit in AZ if Wisenhunt stays on as coach.

You mean aside from the fact his team has won 4 games. :thumb:

I think he might be murdered in AZ -- They have a horrible offensive line. He could probably help the Jets though.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
You mean aside from the fact his team has won 4 games. :thumb:

I think he might be murdered in AZ -- They have a horrible offensive line. He could probably help the Jets though.

That's a really, really bad football team. no defense, no running game, inexperienced WRs. Only an elite QB could lead that team to medicroity imo. It's fair to point that they were winning before Carson got there, but the defense was good and running game was the best in the leauge.

Arizona's line is shaky (in part because of injuries), but they have great skill players and a solid defense. it's not the best place in the world for a veteran QB, but it's better than almost anything else out there.

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
That's a really, really bad football team. no defense, no running game, inexperienced WRs. Only an elite QB could lead that team to medicroity imo. It's fair to point that they were winning before Carson got there, but the defense was good and running game was the best in the leauge.

Arizona's line is shaky (in part because of injuries), but they have great skill players and a solid defense. it's not the best place in the world for a veteran QB, but it's better than almost anything else out there.

Those are not facts.

Oh, and Alex Smith is tied with RG3 for the 2nd best QB in the league at a QB Rating of 104.1. That is a FACT. You cannot explain away facts even if he was replaced by a 2nd year QB. There is no such thing as context.

Last edited by a moderator:

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did I say anything untrue? You can believe Carson is a good quarterback. You can talk about him being a good quarterback. Many writers still write it, many announcers still speak it. That's fine. All I said is that he is a losing quarterback with middle-of-the-road numbers. While it may be true that many below average quarterbacks have played for winning teams (Alex Smith last year and portions of this), it is also true that most 'above average' quarterbacks don't have as many bad seasons (in terms of record) as Palmer - They carry their teams. I suppose Archie Manning comes to mind, but he played long before my time.

Maybe he is just unlucky.

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Did I say anything untrue? You can believe Carson is a good quarterback. You can talk about him being a good quarterback. Many writers still write it, many announcers still speak it. That's fine. All I said is that he is a losing quarterback with middle-of-the-road numbers. While it may be true that many below average quarterbacks have played for winning teams (Alex Smith last year and portions of this), it is also true that most 'above average' quarterbacks don't have as many bad seasons (in terms of record) as Palmer - They carry their teams. I suppose Archie Manning comes to mind, but he played long before my time.

Maybe he is just unlucky.

Andy Dalton has a much better QB Rating than Andrew Luck, in fact his stats are even much better almost across the board.

None of that is untrue. Does not make it the case though nor smart to argue.

There are cases when stats can stand alone (usually when looking at an individual's stats and sometimes when comparing that individuals stats against previous seasons). But only a fool would compare one player to another without any perspective.

As for unlucky, he's played for the Bengals and Oakland in the last decade. You can decide that for yourself.

vancelot23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Palmer has played for some bad teams: true. Palmer was at one time a top-tier QB: true. Palmer isn't that guy anymore: true.

His stats don't really mean everything, though they are part of the story. Watching him, I'm just not impressed. He has a good arm and can throw it anywhere, but he still makes poor decisions, and you can't blame all of those INTs on the WRs. That's a weak argument. He throws into double and triple coverage as much as any bad QB you can find. I also remember his propensity to throw off his back foot from either fear of stepping up, or just poor form. He doesn't have great WRs in Oakland, but he is also still making bad reads, bad throws, and bad plays. He might not be a bottom 10 QB, but he's nowhere near the top tier either. He can't lead a team to a Super Bowl.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no one has posted about Carson Palmer sucking for 3 months now.

I guess it must be the off-season.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No news on that contract renegotiation.... I guess we'll find out if he still wants to be in Oakland.

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
He holds all the cards. If he wants gone, he won't restructure (they've been negotiating for a few days). But that would've made more sense prior to the Chiefs trading for Smith. Arizona can't be appealing given the division they're in. The Jets can't be appealing because they're the Jets. Jacksonville? Probably not.

I bet he restructures. Close to home. He wants to be on the west coast.

RaiderZar

Absentem laedit cum ebrio
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the Raiders abandoning the ZB scheme for a PB scheme, hopefully picking up some help on the O-line & with a new O-coordinator, I can see them back as a Top-10 Offense. Of course, McFadden will need to stay healthy. There will be no playoffs this year,as there is way too much to fill on the D-side of the ball. If CP will restructure, look for some interesting packages with TP, Reese & Ford.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the Raiders abandoning the ZB scheme for a PB scheme, hopefully picking up some help on the O-line & with a new O-coordinator, I can see them back as a Top-10 Offense. Of course, McFadden will need to stay healthy. There will be no playoffs this year,as there is way too much to fill on the D-side of the ball. If CP will restructure, look for some interesting packages with TP, Reese & Ford.

I think this qualifies as a pipe dream at this point.....

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He holds all the cards. If he wants gone, he won't restructure (they've been negotiating for a few days). But that would've made more sense prior to the Chiefs trading for Smith. Arizona can't be appealing given the division they're in. The Jets can't be appealing because they're the Jets. Jacksonville? Probably not.

I bet he restructures. Close to home. He wants to be on the west coast.

I think he could do well in Buffalo, but I really doubt his family would want that to happen.

LionsWhyMe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,325.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Question: Who would you rather have as your starting QB...Palmer or the Sanchize?

Can you throw Ryan Leaf into the mix too? I can't wrong with someone who's retired from sucking, could I? lol ...just fuckin' around. Between the two I would go with Palmer, I'm not bias. :behindsofa:

See you guys at Ford Field in Roctober.
:thrasher::drum::music: