• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Carson City Council Approves Construction of Los Angeles-Area Stadium for Chargers and Raiders

BusSport

Mountain Goat Racer
Hoopla Cash
$ 115,625,688.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Carson City Council passes $1.7 billion stadium plan by 3-0 vote":

ESPN said:
A second city council has approved a second proposed pro football stadium in the Los Angeles area, putting local issues to rest in the NFL's return to the region and leaving the next move to the teams that would seek to relocate and the league that must give its approval.

The latest step was Tuesday's 3-0 vote from the Carson City Council, which cleared the path for a $1.7 billion stadium that could become the shared home to the San Diego Chargers and the Oakland Raiders.

This is Carson/Chargers/Raiders firing back at what already happened with Inglewood and the Rams.

Who will win the race to come to Los Angeles? :scratch:

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting but can't see divisional rivals playing in the same city though.

BusSport

Mountain Goat Racer
Hoopla Cash
$ 115,625,688.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting but can't see divisional rivals playing in the same city though.

The plan is that one of them will be moving out of the division if the shared stadium happens.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is going to be damn interesting to see how this all plays out in LA, STL, San Diego, Oakland and a couple of not named cities yet.

The dirty little secret here is the Ram's can't move in without forcing both San Diego and Oakland out of the state in all likelihood. It is why I still think the dual option with SD and OAK in LA is what wins out eventually.

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The plan is that one of them will be moving out of the division if the shared stadium happens.

Yes kick STL out of the NFC West, One less 10 am start for Seattle. Can I vote for the Raiders to move to the nfc?

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can I vote for the Raiders to move to the nfc?

You can but you risk exposing us all to the wrath of zombie Al Davis if they did so.

I cant' imagine with their history that they would let themselves get stuck into the NFC.

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can but you risk exposing us all to the wrath of zombie Al Davis if they did so.

I cant' imagine with their history that they would let themselves get stuck into the NFC.

A reason to visit San Diego every year would be a nice alternative!

GenJac

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well the Carson project is going nowhere. The Chargers are not leaving San Diego.

This is a SPANOS move to try and keep Kronke out of LA. Good LUCK bud. Kronke is one of the richest men in the world and is already miles ahead of any other project. And Kronke is bringing the Rams back because he has already financed his project. The Raiders will join the Rams in LA when stadium is built.

They can talk and show shiny pics all they want for Carson and St. Louis. The only stadium being built in LA is in Inglewood. St. Louis is wasting their time. Kronke is NOT building a stadium to have another team occupy.