• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Chargers, Raiders, and Rams officially file for relocation to Los Angeles

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Teams only would have to change divisions IF both the Chargers and Raiders move to the same stadium. Part of this would be a scheduling issue. It becomes much more difficult to figure out if they are both in the same conference especially same division. Now if it is the Raiders/Rams or Chargers/Rams moving into the same stadium then everything stays the same.

So is it that both teams would essentially get two home games against each other and everyone in the region would be a stronger crowd potentially against the visitors? It's a stupid question, I just don't see why the scheduling would be harder than any two teams having one stadium. In fact, it would seem to be less of an issue because that's one fewer game to worry about whether the other team is home/away.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So is it that both teams would essentially get two home games against each other and everyone in the region would be a stronger crowd potentially against the visitors? It's a stupid question, I just don't see why the scheduling would be harder than any two teams having one stadium. In fact, it would seem to be less of an issue because that's one fewer game to worry about whether the other team is home/away.

Honestly I am not sure. I know that is the reason I keep reading though of why 2 teams sharing a stadium cannot be in the same conference let alone division. My guess is because they would have very similar schedules being in the same division (all but 2 games) it could be hard to figure out how to have both teams have the 8 home games each without needing to share the stadium on the same day which wouldn't work.

boltfan72

ex-Charger fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They ended the Raiders/49ers pre-season game because of violence. They aren't even rivals. Imagine two fanbases who despise each other sharing a stadium. That doesn't end overnight, regardless of realignment. All you can do is move one to the NFC and hold your breath every 4 years.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
rams owner Kroenke called St. Louis a two team town and cant support an NFL team......what? Cardinals and who else?

I find it hard a city cant support an NFL team given how big football and the NFL have become...

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is he really thinking the Blues are a bigger draw and bigger impact on the city than an NFL team....?

Broncosr0k

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is he really thinking the Blues are a bigger draw and bigger impact on the city than an NFL team....?

Yes. The blues are the other team he references.

He is right in that those two teams have had recent success so there is more interest in them than the turd-burger he has been serving.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes. The blues are the other team he references.

He is right in that those two teams have had recent success so there is more interest in them than the turd-burger he has been serving.
I just don't see how that makes any sense that a NHL team has more power or makes more money for a city than an NFL team.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just don't see how that makes any sense that a NHL team has more power or makes more money for a city than an NFL team.
It doesn't. Its actually quite insulting for an NFL owner to say that an NFL team is getting pushed out by an MLB team and an NHL team.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It doesn't. Its actually quite insulting for an NFL owner to say that an NFL team is getting pushed out by an MLB team and an NHL team.
I can see the MLB argument considering St. Louis is a huge baseball city and a very diehard fanbase. But NHL? Not even close.

Eugene Baker III

"Oh a stitch in time, just about saved me..."
Hoopla Cash
$ 946.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I was a Rams Fan as a child. Dad took us to meet Roman Gabriel and Joe Scibelli. I think I was ten. Those guys were wonderful.

They come back to LA and the Aholian Chargers leave, I will probably go buy an Eric Dickerson jersey...maybe Fred Dryer?

Gabriel? I bet that is pushing $500. Maybe have a Scibelli custom?

Ah ha! I know:

NFL-Shot.jpg

Rosey "I'll shove that revolver up your ass, Sirhan" Grier! (Sorry. A wee bit of hyperbole on my part.)

Rosey Grier on the Kennedy Assassination | Video | Pioneers of Television | PBS

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get why they want to come back, I just said the front-running fans of LA don't deserve a pro football team. No offense.

LA fans didn't have a problem supporting a team from the 40s to 1994 (last time LA had a team), so why wouldn't we deserve one now?

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LA fans didn't have a problem supporting a team from the 40s to 1994 (last time LA had a team), so why wouldn't we deserve one now?

You let two (technically 3) go. You proved you weren't a pro football town.

Had the legislature allowed the Vikings to leave, I'd have said the same thing about my own town.

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Had the legislature allowed the Vikings to leave, I'd have said the same thing about my own town.

Ok, did we not already go over why the teams left? And what does that have to do with the fans and supporting a football team?

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It isn't about what L.A. "Deserves". You are correct in that this is a Lakers, USC/UCLA, Dodgers/Angels market and the fans don't care about having a team here. However, this is also the 2nd biggest market in the Country with over 4M people in Los Angeles alone. The NFL needs to address that market, and has needed to do so for a long time. It's all about money. The fact that all 3 teams had previously played in LA makes it even more interesting.

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
rams owner Kroenke called St. Louis a two team town and cant support an NFL team......what? Cardinals and who else?

I find it hard a city cant support an NFL team given how big football and the NFL have become...

He's posturing. He doesn't want to be there. He said a lot of shit about how terrible STL is in terms of economic and population growth etc... It will be interesting to see him next year if he has to stay in STL!

boltfan72

ex-Charger fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It isn't about what L.A. "Deserves". You are correct in that this is a Lakers, USC/UCLA, Dodgers/Angels market and the fans don't care about having a team here. However, this is also the 2nd biggest market in the Country with over 4M people in Los Angeles alone. The NFL needs to address that market, and has needed to do so for a long time. It's all about money. The fact that all 3 teams had previously played in LA makes it even more interesting.
Exactly.

And which move would result in the best, over the top, ridiculous project the league has ever seen? Which move would result in the most money in the owners' pockets? Easy - the Rams.

The only question is: will it be only the Rams? Rams/Chargers? Rams/Raiders?

There seems to be this thinking that the league wants to resolve everything for Spanos. I call bullshit. They're all about making the most money. If the Rams/Chargers move then where does that leave the Raiders? Oakland hasn't done shit on a stadium proposal. Do they move to St Louis? San Diego?

Clearly there won't be 3 teams in LA. I think the owners' thinking is to maximize their profits, period. They get that done with Kroenke's project in LA and another $400 million in public money from San Diego and St Louis/Oakland - each.

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
apparently no one wants to share.....too much money to be had. but i suspect if no else moves to la, the nfl wil get greedy and place an expansion there with the rams shortly.