• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Chargers, Raiders, and Rams officially file for relocation to Los Angeles

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,921.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Raiders seem like the best fit. You don't need the Raiders and 49ers that close to each other.

I thought they were the most unlikely to move (of the 3)....

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,921.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had heard a while back that if the Carson project gets approved and both the Raiders and Chargers share a stadium, that one would be relocated to the NFC West and one of them would get switched to the AFC.

That seems bizarre to me.....they both have strong ties to the AFC.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,921.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But seriously they can't build a stadium that fast. I don't know the details so are they going to play at the Coluseum or Rose Bowl?

My guess would be the Rose Bowl.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,921.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The real question is how long until all the teams moving to LA leave again?

Uninformed, huh? Al Davis and the Raiders wanted PSL's to be added to the Coliseum in a renovation.....the city declined. It wasn't because the city couldn't support a team.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,921.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they approve 2 teams to move....the Rams to Inglewood and the Raiders to to the facility in Carson. I'd love that.....not too far from me.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course why in the hell Missouri has 2 NFL teams while some bigger market states have 0 is beyond me.
The Chiefs pull in Kansas, too

boltfan72

ex-Charger fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This isn't really news. Everyone has known for 6 months that all 3 teams would file yesterday, which was the first day they could do so.

My guess is we'll see a one year delay. Both projects have the votes to block the other. The NFL wants to siphon off as much public money as possible. St Louis is the closest to having a stadium deal, with San Diego very close behind. San Diego just needs to get voter approval in June, and securing naming rights as has been done in St Louis would help as well. Oakland hasn't done jack shit.

My guess is if St Louis and San Diego can get stadiums approved, Oakland will move on their own in 2017. If San Diego doesn't get finalized in a year, then Oakland/San Diego would move in 2017.

Of course Kroenke is bold enough to move without approval, and construction has already begun at the Inglewood site. Could be interesting.

Gooch1034

Fuck off!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.23
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your assumption is that fan bases are limited to state lines. KC and St. Louis both sit on the edge of Missouri with the greater metro are going into Kansas and Illinois. Chiefs pick up a lot of fans in Nebraska, especially Omaha, and eastern Kansas, western Missouri. Rams can pick up eastern Missouri and southern Illinois.

Kind of the same idea with there being a large broncos fan base in Utah, western Kansas, Wyoming etc. Also, St. Louis can be a good sports town if the team is a winner. When you start getting into the mediocrity the rams have aspired to the town loses interest.

More the the original point of the thread. I doubt rams move. Missouri and St. Louis are getting out the KY so Kroenke can have his way with them. Since they local governments have made an honest attempt the NFL is less inclined to approve of moving the team.
Whoever I replied to said something about how Missouri shouldn't have 2 teams with other bigger market states have 0. My point was when you look at it like he did as Missouri having 2 teams, it make it sound like Chiefs and Rams fans only like in Missouri when it should be more about the individual cities for reasons like you stated. I am about 2.5 hours east of St Louis in Indiana and their are a good amount of Rams fans here even. I just didn't explain myself very well in the first post.

Also, I hope you are right about the Rams staying. I have a few friends who are Rams fans and couldn't imagine how bad it would suck to lose your team like that.

skinzfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chargers move, that's all

Broncosr0k

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, I hope you are right about the Rams staying. I have a few friends who are Rams fans and couldn't imagine how bad it would suck to lose your team like that.

The city is willing to kick in 150 million, the state 250 million, and the NFL will go as high as 200 from their stadium fund. That is 60% of the target paid for by someone other than the rams. I think is is ridiculous of Kroenke to expect more. Escpecially when you consider chiefs' fans will be helping to pay the bill on top of paying for recent renovations to Arrowhead and Kaufman.

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Report: Stan Kroenke to build Inglewood stadium regardless
Posted by Darin Gantt on January 5, 2016, 3:20 PM EST
kroenke1.jpgGetty Images
Stan Kroenke has turned in his application to move the Rams to Los Angeles, but he’s ready to build a stadium there with or without the league’s OK to go there.

According to a report from Brian Feldt of the St. Louis Business Journal, Inglewood mayor James Butts said the plan of Kroenke and the city was to go ahead with the stadium project, even if the NFL didn’t approve their bid.

Without a 10-game-a-year tenant, the 80,000-seat stadium could be in the mix for other sporting events such as World Cups and Olympics, and possibly host award shows.

But it sounds like an effort for Kroenke to call some bluffs in advance of this week’s committee meetings and next week’s full ownership meeting which could feature a vote on whether to let him go there, or for the Chargers and/or Raiders to set up shop in Carson.

If nothing else, it’s a chance for him to wave his wallet around, and remind the other owners what they might be missing out on if they don’t lean his way.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Without a 10-game-a-year tenant, the 80,000-seat stadium could be in the mix for other sporting events such as World Cups and Olympics, and possibly host award shows.
I thought many regarded the Olympics and World Cups as money pits in this day and age

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why do you think those teams left the first time?

The reason is obvious. They sat on their hands about a stadium and got what they deserved. I just can't stand LA. They are the biggest group of front runners in the country and if there was any justice this non-football city would never get a team again.

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The reason is obvious. They sat on their hands about a stadium and got what they deserved. I just can't stand LA. They are the biggest group of front runners in the country and if there was any justice this non-football city would never get a team again.

So if the problem is solved, by having new stadiums, why wouldn't teams want to come back?

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1st off...as long as owners can pick up and leave town if they want...100% publicly funds stadiums should be forever gone.

I think team owners should buck up like Blank did or find a real estate investment partner willing to fund or help fund a new stadium for a % of the team and the host city should have some skin in the game in the form of some type of tax to cover a small %...surrounding infrastructure, mass transit connections, etc.

To your point...I think the Bay area can easily handle 2 teams...to be honest it would've made more sense for the Raiders and 9ers to be more centrally located and shared the new venue that was built.

Davis didn't want to share a stadium. Not sure what you mean by centrally located, but unless you are able to fill in the bay, that is unlikely. 49ers aren't going to play in Oakland and the East Bay, and land/traffic/Env issues on the Peninsula north of Santa Clara would make putting a stadium an extremely difficult if not impossible endeavor.