• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Chargers, Raiders, and Rams officially file for relocation to Los Angeles

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Carson stadium is suppose to be built on a landfill, sad but true.

I expect to see some lawsuits, Kroenke is about to be even more richer.

old1r1sh

It's a Great Day for Hockey
Hoopla Cash
$ 990.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think San Diego makes the most sense out of the 3 teams. Their current situation is so bad. The current stadium was built by the Ancient Romans, and they never seem to have many fans at the games. Plus, there wouldn't be any need for a realignment. They could just stay in the AFC West. Moving Oakland or St. Louis to LA along with SD would be too crazy. Going from having 0 teams in the city to 2 teams doesn't make much sense. I don't necessarily think the Raiders should stay in Oakland, but moving 2 teams to LA at the same time seems to extreme.

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Dean Spanos.....
magic-gif-go-fuck-yourself-Mac-Faulkner-disney-gif.gif

Jakology

I don't give a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,125.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see the Chargers getting it. It will either be the Raiders or Rams. The Rams have a better overall team and the best star player in Gurley, but the Raiders have the best young QB WR combo. Couldn't go wrong with either one. If it was me, I'd take the Raiders though. QB is the most important. Nobody wants to watch a team that doesn't have a good QB. I'm still very skeptical about a team actually working out in LA. It's failed multiple times before, so?

Battlelyon

Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Los Angeles Rams led the NFL in attendance 11 times in franchise history, spent a majority of their time in the top 5, and averaged well over the NFL average during their stay in the City of Angels. The television ratings were also significantly higher when the Rams were in Los Angeles as opposed to ratings of random teams (including the Raiders) on television in Southern California during the previous 16 seasons. The Rams were at one point the pride and joy of Los Angeles and they had a very large following both when they played at the Coliseum and Anaheim Stadium.

They left because the moronic previous owner Georgia Frontierre wanted to go back home to St.Louis and they gave her money and made all these promises. Promises that were broken, reason why the Rams are playing on a year by year lease.

Reactions: DJ

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They left because the moronic previous owner Georgia Frontierre wanted to go back home to St.Louis and they gave her money and made all these promises. Promises that were broken, reason why the Rams are playing on a year by year lease.

Just for the record, Kroenke is hardly a genius himself. It really doesn't surprise me that he would sell out his home state to make money.

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course!

Did you hear the story about when the Rams played the Vikings how Kroenke went to the public bathroom in the Suites at TCF Bank Stadium and had a goon block anyone else from going?

Dude needs to get over himself, nobody in Minnesota cares about him.

Either that or he's painfully awkward Rob Lowe.

Battlelyon

Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Did you hear the story about when the Rams played the Vikings how Kroenke went to the public bathroom in the Suites at TCF Bank Stadium and had a goon block anyone else from going?

Dude needs to get over himself, nobody in Minnesota cares about him.

Either that or he's painfully awkward Rob Lowe.

Never heard that story, guys super rich so I guess he does what he wants.

As far as nobody in Minnesota not caring, if they want more Walmarts they will.

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never heard that story, guys super rich so I guess he does what he wants.

Well, his wife is the one with the big money isn't she?

Either way, he's not the first owner like that. My buddy worked in a suite with Mark "Tommy Boy" Davis and he said he was just a slob.

Throwing pretzels on the ground and just acting like an overgrown child.

Must be something about those guys who want to go to Los Angeles.

Guywithtoaster

Don't bane the dillies!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,515.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd be willing to bet they will only let 1 of the 3 move.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I know is whichever team goes there will become my new most hated team. Hands down. #FuckLA

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Chargers will get approved and they'll give Oakland 2 years to figure something out. If that part of CA can't get a new stadium approved in that time period, Oakland will follow to LA as soon as the new stadium is finished.

J-Rod

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't wait till this decision is made in about a week. I personally never been a fan of a city having two teams.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Raiders seem like the best fit. You don't need the Raiders and 49ers that close to each other.

1st off...as long as owners can pick up and leave town if they want...100% publicly funds stadiums should be forever gone.

I think team owners should buck up like Blank did or find a real estate investment partner willing to fund or help fund a new stadium for a % of the team and the host city should have some skin in the game in the form of some type of tax to cover a small %...surrounding infrastructure, mass transit connections, etc.

To your point...I think the Bay area can easily handle 2 teams...to be honest it would've made more sense for the Raiders and 9ers to be more centrally located and shared the new venue that was built.

Broncosr0k

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course why in the hell Missouri has 2 NFL teams while some bigger market states have 0 is beyond me.

I never thought of it like that before but I must say, it does sound ridiculous having 2 NFL teams in the state of Missouri but sounds totally logical to say St Louis and KC each have their own team.

Your assumption is that fan bases are limited to state lines. KC and St. Louis both sit on the edge of Missouri with the greater metro are going into Kansas and Illinois. Chiefs pick up a lot of fans in Nebraska, especially Omaha, and eastern Kansas, western Missouri. Rams can pick up eastern Missouri and southern Illinois.

Kind of the same idea with there being a large broncos fan base in Utah, western Kansas, Wyoming etc. Also, St. Louis can be a good sports town if the team is a winner. When you start getting into the mediocrity the rams have aspired to the town loses interest.

More the the original point of the thread. I doubt rams move. Missouri and St. Louis are getting out the KY so Kroenke can have his way with them. Since they local governments have made an honest attempt the NFL is less inclined to approve of moving the team.

poprocksncoke

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,250.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. Why does LA even deserve a team? Especially since all 3 of those teams left.
Those teams left for the same reasons they want to relocate now, stadium issues.