• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Carr for a 3rd?

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's strange to view the Jets as a team someone might actually want to go to after all these years of sucking.
If the Jets resolved the o line issues, and of course QB, they look ready to contend with the Bills for the Division

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's strange to view the Jets as a team someone might actually want to go to after all these years of sucking.
That defense with Wilson on the outside, find the right QB the Jets make noise. Tough division though.

countryroads316

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm assuming the Raiders will go after Rodgers if not they will try to draft a QB

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carr officially a free agent

Raiders released Derek Carr.​

Schefter notes that Carr is expected to draw interest from the Saints and Panthers. We've also seen the Jets and Titans linked to him in recent days. Carr will get a head start on free agency and can sign whenever he wants now that he's been released. His new deal won't carry draft pick compensation for the Raiders. We'd expect to see some visits lined up in the next few days. The Saints already visited with him in an attempt to get him to waive his no-trade clause to join the team last week.

Related:

Source: Adam Schefter on Twitter

Feb 14, 2023, 3:38 PM ET
I told Dean he wouldn't be traded. It made no sense at all.

Why would Carr help his old team out and cost his new team a draft pick? I am sure Rivera feels like a moron now for costing us a 3rd round pick for the exact same reason from last year...SMH

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
kick the tires on him. But do not get into a bidding war. If you get him for a fair price (not going to happen), sign him. If he wins the job, we win. If not, we have a good backup.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No thanks,! Don't even try to get him and for two reasons.

1. While he does improve the QB situation, he isn't what's required to make McLaurin, Samuel, Dotson, Robinson, and Gibson markedly better at doing their jobs. I'm sure that he'll give us a certain level of efficiency but the goal while the window is still open for these guys remains championships.

2. Carr in a Washington uniform would be in a battle to be the third-best QB in the division and as they stand right now Howell could (advisedly) do that.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No thanks,! Don't even try to get him and for two reasons.

1. While he does improve the QB situation, he isn't what's required to make McLaurin, Samuel, Dotson, Robinson, and Gibson markedly better at doing their jobs. I'm sure that he'll give us a certain level of efficiency but the goal while the window is still open for these guys remains championships.

2. Carr in a Washington uniform would be in a battle to be the third-best QB in the division and as they stand right now Howell could (advisedly) do that.
The main thing to me is cost vs benefit. I feel like we need to build the team at o/line this yr , find out about Sam , and gather resources to draft a qb in 24

the thing is do you believe Carr can take us to a superbowl and win within the next 3 yrs ? He will eat up cap

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we don't have the money for Carr why would we have the money for Payne? I am afraid the priorities of the team continue to make no sense. I am not saying Carr is the missing piece, but he is a top 10 QB in the league.

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That defense with Wilson on the outside, find the right QB the Jets make noise. Tough division though.
If Breece Hall can come back strong that would make them that much tougher. The kid looked great before getting hurt early in game 7.
1676478025245.png

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Jets resolved the o line issues, and of course QB, they look ready to contend with the Bills for the Division
When Vera-Tucker went down the line fell apart. He plays all positions except center well and they were abe to move him around whenever someone got hurt. Hopefully he'll come back just as good and I'll be surprised if Douglas doesn't draft an O lineman in the first round this year

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When Vera-Tucker went down the line fell apart. He plays all positions except center well and they were abe to move him around whenever someone got hurt. Hopefully he'll come back just as good and I'll be surprised if Douglas doesn't draft an O lineman in the first round this year

There was a huge OT you all drafted, i think from Alabama, Beckton? Is he finished, heard his injury was BAD. Also do you think Fields or Mac Jones would've been a better fit at qb? Its always great for the league to see a squad turn it around

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we don't have the money for Carr why would we have the money for Payne? I am afraid the priorities of the team continue to make no sense. I am not saying Carr is the missing piece, but he is a top 10 QB in the league.
Yeah but can we get into a bidding war while ownership is changing

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah but can we get into a bidding war while ownership is changing
That part makes sense and after watching g the video again, it finally processed.

Guys, this sale has to go through soon or 2023 will be even worse than the previous 3 years.

I understand that 2023 could almost be a throw away year depending on the sale and front office, but snyder might tell Rivera to not spend one dime. I don't know. What I do know is that the sooner the team is sold, the sooner we will have a direction of some sort. I am guessing snyder will tell Rivera to keep things as they are, don't sign any large contracts, and wait for further instructions from the new owner.

I wish snyder would have made up his mind to sell in July or August 2022 so we could have a fighting chance at a decent 2023. I have no expectations for 2023 and preparing for thr worst.

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was a huge OT you all drafted, i think from Alabama, Beckton? Is he finished, heard his injury was BAD. Also do you think Fields or Mac Jones would've been a better fit at qb? Its always great for the league to see a squad turn it around
Becton looked like an absolute monster his first season before getting hurt. He wasn't suppossed to miss the rest of the season but apparently he did not take his rehab seriously and got way out of shape. He arrived late and fat to camp (His girlfreind had their first child) and then got hurt again and missed the entire season this year. When he came back to clean out his locker after the season was over the same reporters that had killed him for being out of shape said he looked like a new man and lost considerable weight. Maybe he's grown up a bit and can return to form but the Jets would be fools to depend on that and I don't think they will. They drafted him out of Louisville with the 11th pick. Right now it seems thhey would have been bettter off drafting just about anyone else

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Breece Hall can come back strong that would make them that much tougher. The kid looked great before getting hurt early in game 7.
View attachment 321366
If I'm the Jets, I push my chips in on Rodgers. In that conference, with the QBs over there, you almost have to have an elite QB to have any kind of a shot.

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I'm the Jets, I push my chips in on Rodgers. In that conference, with the QBs over there, you almost have to have an elite QB to have any kind of a shot.
It would be worth the shot. Rodgers would also be retired in 2 or 3 years and off the books when they have to start paying the young talent they drafted in the last couple of years. I wouldn't mind Carr either. If the Jets had even an average QB they would have been in the playoffs last year and won 11 games

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would be worth the shot. Rodgers would also be retired in 2 or 3 years and off the books when they have to start paying the young talent they drafted in the last couple of years. I wouldn't mind Carr either. If the Jets had even an average QB they would have been in the playoffs last year and won 11 games
Out of curiosity, the jets are 3 million over the cap correct?
How would the jets clear 30, 40, or 50 million for carr or rodgers?

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Out of curiosity, the jets are 3 million over the cap correct?
How would the jets clear 30, 40, or 50 million for carr or rodgers?
I'm not sure but from what I read they can restructure some contrats and could cut some people to create space. The Packers would still be on the hook for his entire signing bonus which is 40 of the 150 mil.

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure but from what I read they can restructure some contrats and could cut some people to create space. The Packers would still be on the hook for his entire signing bonus which is 40 of the 150 mil.

Man, Carr and Rogers sound great but I feel like that roster is talented enough already to pull a Mark Sanchez type move and go far with a less pricey qb. Man...if Mike White was more than a one game wonder.....that would be cool. My neighbor is a Jets fan and Wilson and White won me games this year, so I've kept up with them this year