• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Carr for a 3rd?

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Screenshot_20230212-151539_Instagram.jpg

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See just wait
Reading that carr is gone and it's official.
Not to stir the pot but do we do this?

The super bowl just showed that a good qb masks many problems. Mahomes had no name receivers, journeymen, and rookies out there and just won it.

Bottom line, we have to get a qb. I know carr is a top 10 qb, I don't know anything about Sam howell.

If we can truly clear up 60 million in cap as skinsdad said, we have to do this.

countryroads316

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have so many needs and not enough draft picks to fill them all if they sign him that means Payne is gone or we aren't signing anyone good it will all be thrift store players again

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From the files of "Everyone is Crazy Except Us"

Has anyone else noticed that Washington is very rarely mentioned as a possible landing place for talent?

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reading that carr is gone and it's official.
Not to stir the pot but do we do this?

The super bowl just showed that a good qb masks many problems. Mahomes had no name receivers, journeymen, and rookies out there and just won it.

Bottom line, we have to get a qb. I know carr is a top 10 qb, I don't know anything about Sam howell.

If we can truly clear up 60 million in cap as skinsdad said, we have to do this.

Juju Smuth Shuster isnt a nobody. He was Pittsburgh’s #1 wr for at least a few years.

Toney was the Guabts first round draft pick last year.

Also, Mahommes is fucking awesome.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Juju Smuth Shuster isnt a nobody. He was Pittsburgh’s #1 wr for at least a few years.

Toney was the Guabts first round draft pick last year.

Also, Mahommes is fucking awesome.
We could never be lucky enough to get a Mahomes. Shuster isn't the same wr he was and I have no clue why the giants unloaded tones.

Bottom line, we have to get a difference maker. Carr might be that guy.

At some point we have to draw a line in the sand and get a qb. Howell might be ot but we don't know after 20 passes.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not to take anything away from Mahomes, I think he is the next great QB but he was very lucky to have Andy as his HC.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not to take anything away from Mahomes, I think he is the next great QB but he was very lucky to have Andy as his HC.
I was going to say that. He is amazing to watch. Almost like an artist painting or something. I just wish he played for a more classy organization...my opinion.

I wonder how good mahomes would be without Reid as well? I still think he would be outstanding but Reid is elite.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know you guys touched on the topic of drafting a QB high and whether that was a good thing or not.

I had to sit on the topic for a while. If I regurgitate points that have been made before, my bad.

It appears we are in the middle of a Mahomes/Burrow window. Their window isn't closing any time soon.

I look at all the teams that have won the Superbowl recently and the QBs are guys like:

Mahomes
Stafford
Brady
E. Manning
P. Manning
R. Wilson
Rodgers
Roethlisberger
Brees

Save for Foles and Flacco, all these guys are pretty much top 10 picks, Russell and Brees were elite at the time, the GOAT, and Aaron who fell.

Brady and Aarron proved that you can find a great one late, but that takes luck and elite scouting and coaching.

Flacco and Foles are the anomalies. (Proof it can be done)

Being that we are in the window of two QBs that will definitely be top 10 when it's all said and done, but most likely top 5 all-time, it's gonna take having an elite to great QB to win it all in this window.

If that means striking gold in the mid rounds, trading the farm or someone choosing us, that's what it's going to take. I'm not here to argue how to get said QB, just here here to say imo it's going to take "one of them" an elite guy to win in their window.

Hurts was a Heisman candidate and was drafted in the 2nd round.

Maybe Howell is our Brady or Russell Wilson. Maybe not.

If we really, I mean, really want to have a chance to win it all, Howell will need to perform at a top 5 level QB in the league over the next three years. McLaurin is approaching 30.

If it's not Howell, we need to trade for a big fish, maybe Bezos can get that done, or trade up for one of the QBs in the 24 class.

Point is sitting back and trying to fix everything else has bulit a respectable roster, but without the absolute stud at QB we are taking the road less traveled and it's less traveled for a reason.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fortunate for sure, but that cuts both ways imo.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fortunate for sure, but that cuts both ways imo.
True, but look at McNabb after he didn't have Andy. I am not taking anything away from Andy but what might Mahomes have been going to a bad team, a bad coach etc.

A former poster here and I argued about Mahomes, he loved him. I said "I am not sure ...." When KC drafted him I said that is the best thing that could happen to him. Andy sat him and taught for a year .... from there on he will be one of the all time greats.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True, but look at McNabb after he didn't have Andy. I am not taking anything away from Andy but what might Mahomes have been going to a bad team, a bad coach etc.

A former poster here and I argued about Mahomes, he loved him. I said "I am not sure ...." When KC drafted him I said that is the best thing that could happen to him. Andy sat him and taught for a year .... from there on he will be one of the all time greats.
Andy is one of the GOATS imo. The Eagles simply got out coached last night, but the narrative on Andy when he was in Philly was a guy that lost NFC Championship games.

The guy who's former team won a Bowl after he left. The guy who was under achieving with Alex. Mahomes got to sit and credit to Andy for that, but Mahomes gets the ball and all of the sudden Andy is sitting on two chips.

If someone asked me if I could put Mahomes or Andy on the Skins, I'd take Mahomes. If someone said Andy I wouldn't be mad at them though.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't been disagreeing, just telling you what I think. :D

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know you guys touched on the topic of drafting a QB high and whether that was a good thing or not.

I had to sit on the topic for a while. If I regurgitate points that have been made before, my bad.

It appears we are in the middle of a Mahomes/Burrow window. Their window isn't closing any time soon.

I look at all the teams that have won the Superbowl recently and the QBs are guys like:

Mahomes
Stafford
Brady
E. Manning
P. Manning
R. Wilson
Rodgers
Roethlisberger
Brees

Save for Foles and Flacco, all these guys are pretty much top 10 picks, Russell and Brees were elite at the time, the GOAT, and Aaron who fell.

Brady and Aarron proved that you can find a great one late, but that takes luck and elite scouting and coaching.

Flacco and Foles are the anomalies. (Proof it can be done)

Being that we are in the window of two QBs that will definitely be top 10 when it's all said and done, but most likely top 5 all-time, it's gonna take having an elite to great QB to win it all in this window.

If that means striking gold in the mid rounds, trading the farm or someone choosing us, that's what it's going to take. I'm not here to argue how to get said QB, just here here to say imo it's going to take "one of them" an elite guy to win in their window.

Hurts was a Heisman candidate and was drafted in the 2nd round.

Maybe Howell is our Brady or Russell Wilson. Maybe not.

If we really, I mean, really want to have a chance to win it all, Howell will need to perform at a top 5 level QB in the league over the next three years. McLaurin is approaching 30.

If it's not Howell, we need to trade for a big fish, maybe Bezos can get that done, or trade up for one of the QBs in the 24 class.

Point is sitting back and trying to fix everything else has bulit a respectable roster, but without the absolute stud at QB we are taking the road less traveled and it's less traveled for a reason.
Thank you for posting this!!

It is interesting that in all of the years that I have been following this team, they have never, ever, drafted and then developed a young talented QB. (Theesman???)

Fast forward to today and the advent of these young guns who have introduced perhaps reintroduced a third element into QB play with their legs. I agree with you that we simply aren't in the business of getting to and/or winning SB championships by continuing to do the same old things and hoping for a different result. I've offered enough on this subject and again thanks for posting this!

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thank you for posting this!!

It is interesting that in all of the years that I have been following this team, they have never, ever, drafted and then developed a young talented QB. (Theesman???)

Fast forward to today and the advent of these young guns who have introduced perhaps reintroduced a third element into QB play with their legs. I agree with you that we simply aren't in the business of getting to and/or winning SB championships by continuing to do the same old things and hoping for a different result. I've offered enough on this subject and again thanks for posting this!
My fingers are crossed that the initial evaluation on Howell was correct and we are set at QB. If somehow Rodgers or Lamar break free I think they have to at least make the call and see what the asking price is.

Maybe Howell sucks, the defense reverts to the 2021 version and we grab Caleb.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My fingers are crossed that the initial evaluation on Howell was correct and we are set at QB. If somehow Rodgers or Lamar break free I think they have to at least make the call and see what the asking price is.

Maybe Howell sucks, the defense reverts to the 2021 version and we grab Caleb.
Way too soon to say on Howell.

countryroads316

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carr officially a free agent

Raiders released Derek Carr.​

Schefter notes that Carr is expected to draw interest from the Saints and Panthers. We've also seen the Jets and Titans linked to him in recent days. Carr will get a head start on free agency and can sign whenever he wants now that he's been released. His new deal won't carry draft pick compensation for the Raiders. We'd expect to see some visits lined up in the next few days. The Saints already visited with him in an attempt to get him to waive his no-trade clause to join the team last week.

Related:

Source: Adam Schefter on Twitter

Feb 14, 2023, 3:38 PM ET

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Schefter notes that Carr is expected to draw interest from the Saints and Panthers. We've also seen the Jets and Titans linked to him in recent days. Carr will get a head start on free agency and can sign whenever he wants now that he's been released. His new deal won't carry draft pick compensation for the Raiders. We'd expect to see some visits lined up in the next few days. The Saints already visited with him in an attempt to get him to waive his no-trade clause to join the team last week.

Related:

If he's interested and the money is decent I'd probably take a look.

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Related:

It's strange to view the Jets as a team someone might actually want to go to after all these years of sucking.