• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Carr for a 3rd?

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i see malik willis in richardson , a guy not ready to play yet and it could be 2 yrs before he is . that doesnt mean i dislike either but thats half your rookie contract
I have no idea. If I like a QB run the other way. Lol

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have watched every Hendon Hooker game since he started at Tennessee. I would draft him in the 7th. He is a dual-threat QB who ran Heupel's college offense to perfection.

The Heupel offense is an up tempo, WR split style offense. The ball is snapped once the ref sets the ball and the WRs are outside the hashes with the slot WR running option routes. The splits cause WRs to be left 1 on 1 and allows the slot WR to have half the field to work with. This is what made Jalen Hyatt such a weapon. Hooker had 3 options:

1. Hand off
2. Pull the hand off and keep
3. Hit his first or second read ASAP

Every once in a while, generally twice a game, the up temp would cause confusion with the DBs and there would be a busted route with a WR darting down the field wide open. Hooker would hit 1 or 2 a game as the DB was lost in coverage due to the tempo.

Hooker is an amazing person who would be a star in Candian Football. He will be sorely missed at Tennessee. He is a leader and a prime example of what a college athlete should be. He is also a great humanitarian who volunteers at hospitals and such.

Somebody will take him in the mid-rounds and regret it I believe. I will cheer for him wherever he goes and hope to be proven wrong here.

wow. I thought he would be QB#5 off the board.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wow. I thought he would be QB#5 off the board.
He might be.

That doesn't mean he should be or that I would agree with it. He tore his ACL in November so he will basically get 2023 off I am imagining. He is already 25 years old and will be 27 years old when he is fully healthy.

I am not seeing why he is being hyped up honestly.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, tough one. Young has cost the Redskins $23.5 million for three years and nine sacks. Not his fault he got hurt. He stands to make almost $11 million next year and $17 million for a fifth year option.

Joey Bosa missed 13 games in total and 15 games as a starter his first three years and had 28.5 sacks.

Nick Bosa missed 14 games in his first three years but had 24.5 sacks.

I guess I'd like to know why we think it would be a good idea to pay him another $28 million dollars?

I'd rather pay Payne.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The earlier question was about getting REAL competition in Washington for Howell. A veteran QB would have certain advantages over him because of his experience. A lower-round drafted QB would have to come in with a similar falling pedigree as Howell and that you rarely find in the lower rounds. According to some, Howell was the rare exception as he was once projected to be a 1st round QB who fell to round 5. So, logically where does this real competition come from especially if you're not drafting a QB in round one?

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what round do you have Hooker in?
With or without the injury Hooker at best has been projected as a second-round QB. Unless the recovery from that injury is slower and/or gives some indication that he won't be as good as before, will not drop below the 3rd round. I agree with @dad on Richardson, who has major upsides but won't be ready to play for one or two seasons.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me add this tidbit about the offensive scheme that Sam Howell played while in school.
The architect of that offense was former Ole Miss coordinator Phil Longo a disciple of Mike Leach Kliff Kingsbury and Lincoln Riley. The Tar Heels essentially ran the Oklahoma offense which required a certain type of QB to make it go. When these offenses were at their best the QBs running them were... Baker Mayfield, Jaylen Hurts, Kyler Murray, and Spencer Rattler.

It is true that Howell looks the part, but developing a scheme and drafting players to successfully run it like Philidelphia is a major league task and one that I don't believe can ever happen under Ron Rivera.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, tough one. Young has cost the Redskins $23.5 million for three years and nine sacks. Not his fault he got hurt. He stands to make almost $11 million next year and $17 million for a fifth year option.

Joey Bosa missed 13 games in total and 15 games as a starter his first three years and had 28.5 sacks.

Nick Bosa missed 14 games in his first three years but had 24.5 sacks.

I guess I'd like to know why we think it would be a good idea to pay him another $28 million dollars?

I'd rather pay Payne.
I'm just glad Ron has put Chase on notice.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With or without the injury Hooker at best has been projected as a second-round QB. Unless the recovery from that injury is slower and/or gives some indication that he won't be as good as before, will not drop below the 3rd round. I agree with @dad on Richardson, who has major upsides but won't be ready to play for one or two seasons.
Hooker said he'll be running by March and will be ready for camp. One could say what else is he gonna say with the draft looming, but that's a good sign of true.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd like to see Howell get the first shot.

I am still leary about this off-season and who will coach the team and select players before a sale.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hooker said he'll be running by March and will be ready for camp. One could say what else is he gonna say with the draft looming, but that's a good sign of true.
Not to be argumentative but can you elaborate on what you/others see in Hooker?

It is interesting because non-Tennessee view Hooker very differently than Tennessee fans do. I am simply not seeing what he would bring as an NFL QB.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd like to see Howell get the first shot.

I am still leary about this off-season and who will coach the team and select players before a sale.
Getting the Curl deal done and getting a LTD done with Payne would be a homerun off-season imo.

My expectation is the Curl deal doesn't get done. Dan will balk at re-signing Payne because of the up front money and Payne walks.

If Zampese gets the job I think it will be Andy Dalton. There is history there.

If Bieniemy gets the job I could see him pushing for Carr because he's looking to get a HC job and would probably want a vet.

Shurmer.....they probably roll with Howell.

Ha e to think they spend money in FA on the o-line.

Those are just guesses on my part though.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not to be argumentative but can you elaborate on what you/others see in Hooker?

It is interesting because non-Tennessee view Hooker very differently than Tennessee fans do. I am simply not seeing what he would bring as an NFL QB.
I'm not really that high on Hooker. I'm just discussing all the QBs from this class. If I bring one up it's not because I'm dead set on the Skins trying to get him.

The QBs that I really like will be gone. Now, I love the corners and TEs in this class.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now if they took Hooker with their comp 3rd, I wouldn't have a problem with that

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now if they took Hooker with their comp 3rd, I wouldn't have a problem with that
And that is what I am not understanding.

I have seen Hooker play almost 20 games in college and he is not a 3rd round pick. I am not seeing why posters are saying he is worth a 3rd or mid-round pick. Nobody has explained this at all. I have watched every snap he has taken and I don't see an NFL QB there.

Just curious what people are seeing that I am not. I don't think people are understanding the Josh Heupel offense and simply look at Hooker's numbers and making assumptions based off of that. I could be wrong. That being said, I know more about Hendon Hooker than anyone on this board and can tell you anything about the player.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like them both. Both of them have their red flags. Hooker's age and injury. Richardson hasn't played a lot of football and struggled against big time opponents. Have a feeling one of them will hit and the other will miss. Just not sure which is which.
I liked the fact that Hooker doesn't turn the ball over much.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And that is what I am not understanding.

I have seen Hooker play almost 20 games in college and he is not a 3rd round pick. I am not seeing why posters are saying he is worth a 3rd or mid-round pick. Nobody has explained this at all. I have watched every snap he has taken and I don't see an NFL QB there.

Just curious what people are seeing that I am not. I don't think people are understanding the Josh Heupel offense and simply look at Hooker's numbers and making assumptions based off of that. I could be wrong. That being said, I know more about Hendon Hooker than anyone on this board and can tell you anything about the player.
Okay, I'll take your word for it. Lol. Jeez