• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Carmelo Anthony says Phil Jackson hire with team won't impact free agency

Sportsguy9695

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,618.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carmelo Anthony doesn't think Phil Jackson's presence with the New York Knicks will have an impact on his impending free agency.

"I don't think it'll have any effect on me, just as far as what I'm thinking or my decision or anything like that," Anthony told reporters after the team's shootaround in Boston on Wednesday morning. "Like I said, I haven't talked to Phil yet, just to get his insight on a lot of things -- what's his plan, what's his future plan -- because everything's in his hands now."

Anthony said the team told him earlier this week that Jackson would be joining its front office.

"I still don't have a lot of the details, all the details," Anthony said. "Have I heard? Yeah, I heard he will be coming on board. Not official yet."

A league source previously told ESPN The Magazine's Chris Broussard that Jackson and the Knicks are expected to finalize a deal that will give the legendary former coach control of the club's front office by the end of this week. An official announcement might not come until next week, the source said.

Source: ESPN New York