• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Carle Out

4thstreet

You should pay me for being here!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,850.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
try developing the young guys we have-Bourdon,Gus,Lauridsen,etc...

I don't think that they have to try to make a move at the moment.Try out the guys at camp,and then go from there.They have a crapload of young forwards that other teams covet,so let them come to the Flyers with deals.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know about you guys but I'm panicking now. Our defense is thin and very bad. I have no idea how we got our selves into this position? Oh well, we have to go balls out on Weber now IMO.

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly I think we will miss Carle. The guy lead our team in TOI last season. He waqs pretty consistent. And he really didnt sign for to bad a contract.

banditshcky11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know about you guys but I'm panicking now. Our defense is thin and very bad. I have no idea how we got our selves into this position? Oh well, we have to go balls out on Weber now IMO.

How is our defense bad or thin? Coburn and Grossman were dominant against the pens. Timmo is Timmo and will continue to play good. MEz is one injury fill season removed from being the Ashby winner and was a ridiculous +30 something. Schenn is a young physical defenseman who hits and blocks shots. MAB & Gusty are young and developing. I'm not saying we have a superstar core but I'm not sold that losing Carle spells sudden doom for the team, does everyone forget how many routine first passes/clears he turned over?

Everyone(including myself) wanted a Suter or Weber, but those guys don't grow on trees. I'm not saying it was Homer's best idea to not re-sign Carle for that kind of money with what the market value is. I still think Homer has a trade he's been working on and couldn't fit it in under the cap with Carle here.

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How is our defense bad or thin? Coburn and Grossman were dominant against the pens. Timmo is Timmo and will continue to play good. MEz is one injury fill season removed from being the Ashby winner and was a ridiculous +30 something. Schenn is a young physical defenseman who hits and blocks shots. MAB & Gusty are young and developing. I'm not saying we have a superstar core but I'm not sold that losing Carle spells sudden doom for the team, does everyone forget how many routine first passes/clears he turned over?

Everyone(including myself) wanted a Suter or Weber, but those guys don't grow on trees. I'm not saying it was Homer's best idea to not re-sign Carle for that kind of money with what the market value is. I still think Homer has a trade he's been working on and couldn't fit it in under the cap with Carle here.

Lets hope so. This team needs some more depth and veteren players

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

i agree w/ this.. i think it's a little thin if injuries come, but aside from that i agree 100%

i am a little surprised the flyers didn't go that high though.. 5.5 really isn't that terrible, especially considering the market.. they should've just offered him 5 or 5.25 on july 1st and he would've taken it.. i think it was a big mistake for homer to waste time on suter and parise, it never looked like they were going to come here.. it looked like suter was going to detroit for sure (obviously he didnt, but it still wasn't the flyers).. and parise looked to be between the wild and devils the whole time, with the pens kinda the dark horse.. at least, that's how i saw it.. why even get involved at that point? shoulda signed guys like garrison, jagr, whitney, carle, allen.. any of those guys that signed on july 1..

now i think the best bet is to just ride it out and see what the team looks like.. IF doan becomes available i'd look at him.. but that all depends on the coyotes situation.. and i'd look to add ryan if it doesn't take 2 roster players in addition to a 1st

4thstreet

You should pay me for being here!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,850.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'd like it to be for MacQuaid on the Bruins.

Vadered

Future Flyer Cup-Winner
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,135.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why so he can check himself face first into the boards again while running a player?

Adam McQuaid Check Fail! ( HILARIOUS! ) - YouTube

Sorry can't figure out how to add the video directly into the post.

Step 1: Go to the video.
Step 2: While at the video, go to the URL bar of your browser.
Step 3: Copy down the gibberish past the ?v= in the URL. (So if the URL was http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hE-Ts0usqbQ you would copy the hE-Ts0usqbQ part)
Step 4: Paste that in your post.
Step 5: Highlight it and click the youtube button. If you don't see a youtube button then click Go Advanced and there will now be a youtube button.
Step 6: You are done!

[YOUTUBE]hE-Ts0usqbQ[/YOUTUBE]

banditshcky11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets hope so. This team needs some more depth and veteren players

What do you consider veteran? 5 year players? 10 years? We have tons of NHL experienced players now Timmo, Harts, Briere(even though I still hate him), Coburn, Talbot. I mean when I hear veterans I think of guys like Doan and if that's what you mean I personally hope they don't sign another veteran.

Doan may be a warrior, but he's an old warrior. He's 36 and wants a 4 year deal which when he gets hurt will fuck the Flyers. Bringing in older players for a year is fine but any more then that is asking for trouble. #%+ contracts are really horrible for everyone IMO.

I don't want to see the Flyers go do something stupid like trade for Weber and gut this team more now either. I'd love a Ryan trade if the price is right because it will give G an established scoring threat on his W that plays a physical style game who would also compliment Harts(since Harts and Perry play the same sort of game).

Our current roster with our RFA's re-signed looks like this...

CAPGEEK.COM USER GENERATED ROSTER
My Custom Lineup
FORWARDS
Scott Hartnell ($4.200m) / Claude Giroux ($3.750m) / Jakub Voracek ($3.750m)
Wayne Simmonds ($1.750m) / Brayden Schenn ($3.110m) / Danny Briere ($6.500m)
Matt Read ($0.900m) / Sean Couturier ($1.375m) / Eric Wellwood ($0.580m)
Zac Rinaldo ($0.544m) / Maxime Talbot ($1.750m) / Tom Sestito ($0.605m)
DEFENSEMEN
Kimmo Timonen ($6.333m) / Andrej Meszaros ($4.000m)
Braydon Coburn ($4.500m) / Nicklas Grossmann ($3.500m)
Luke Schenn ($3.600m) / Marc-Andre Bourdon ($0.709m)
Andreas Lilja ($0.738m) /
GOALTENDERS
Ilya Bryzgalov ($5.667m)
Michael Leighton ($0.900m)
BUYOUTS
Oskars Bartulis ($0.100m)
------
CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled without the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $70,200,000; CAP PAYROLL: $58,860,694; BONUSES: $2,705,000
CAP SPACE (21-man roster): $11,339,306

I can see the following happening...

1. The Flyers sign Gervais as a 6/7th
2. Trade for Ryan using Read, Gusty & a 1st
3. Look into Jay Bo for the right price he could be a help( i know some of you hate him) he eats up minutes. a 2nd/3rd + mid grade prospect should do it & make them take Lilja to clear a little space. Anything past that it isn't worth it and they only need to do this if they feel MAB isn't NHL ready(I think he is personally).

banditshcky11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Step 1: Go to the video.
Step 2: While at the video, go to the URL bar of your browser.
Step 3: Copy down the gibberish past the ?v= in the URL. (So if the URL was Adam McQuaid Check Fail! ( HILARIOUS! ) - YouTube you would copy the hE-Ts0usqbQ part)
Step 4: Paste that in your post.
Step 5: Highlight it and click the youtube button. If you don't see a youtube button then click Go Advanced and there will now be a youtube button.
Step 6: You are done!

[YOUTUBE]hE-Ts0usqbQ[/YOUTUBE]

Thanks, for the assist.

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still get aroused to the thought of Homer sacking the fuck up (not that he has not before) and offer sheeting Subban. Still my pipedream

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carle is not worth the cap hit for 6 years. :der:TB will try to trade him after 2. We can get a solid experienced vet for $2m or less to play 6 dman. Fuck Carle and we still need a wing.

soulxflare

Arrive. Raise Hell. Leave.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carle is not worth the cap hit for 6 years. :der:TB will try to trade him after 2. We can get a solid experienced vet for $2m or less to play 6 dman. Fuck Carle and we still need a wing.

This. I know some of you guys like him, but 5.5M for 6 years is moronic and (sadly) the product of an inflated dman market. Talent-wise, he was Randy Jones 2.0.....

If he came at a more reasonable cap hit, we could have brought him back. We can fill our 6/7 dmen without spending that kind of cash, and put the rest to better use.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3. Look into Jay Bo for the right price he could be a help( i know some of you hate him) he eats up minutes. a 2nd/3rd + mid grade prospect should do it & make them take Lilja to clear a little space. Anything past that it isn't worth it and they only need to do this if they feel MAB isn't NHL ready(I think he is personally).

:disagree:

jerseyjigroe

Experience Quality Trust
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the flip side, it might be refreshing to see the Flyers being patient for once and not spending every last penny. I still think they have other plans in the works, but it wouldn't be the worst thing in the world for them to save some money for down the road either.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the flip side, it might be refreshing to see the Flyers being patient for once and not spending every last penny. I still think they have other plans in the works, but it wouldn't be the worst thing in the world for them to save some money for down the road either.

Save the money, don't overpay, and take a chance on letting your young players develop. Flyers fans need to realize that the team is a project, with a lot of young talent, and that a couple of years of patience could pay big dividends down the road.

jerseyjigroe

Experience Quality Trust
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Save the money, don't overpay, and take a chance on letting your young players develop. Flyers fans need to realize that the team is a project, with a lot of young talent, and that a couple of years of patience could pay big dividends down the road.

If saving money this year means we have a shot at Weber next year than I am all for it. Meltzer was saying today that he thinks the Flyers could possibly try to get both Weber and Enstrom next year. That would be very expensive but our D would be disgusting!