• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cardinal Kurt Warner > Rams Kurt Warner or Vise Versa

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cardinals Kurt Warner > Rams Kurt Warner?

This seems to be the feelings of Kurt Warner himself.

What do you all think?

:noidea:

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Super Bowl Victory > No Super Bowl Victory

I would probably say he was better in St. Louis, if you look at his record playing for the Rams it's much better but he didn't have Marshall Faulk in Arizona so...

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he feels that way because the AZ team wasn't as good as the Rams teams he took to the SB and if not for the AZ defense, would've won that SB for AZ.

His number are better in StL, but I think he is prouder of his accomplishments in AZ because everyone had a) wrote him off and b) didn't expect AZ to get anywhere.

I think it's a shame he feels more allegiance to AZ than StL and I blame a lot of that on the prior Rams FO/ownership not embracing their former players.

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Cardinals teams he was at the helm of for 3 seasons didn't have nearly the talent the Rams teams did. People don't realize the type of injuries he played through in during the 2 playoff runs were serious enough that many other QBs would have been shut down for the season if they had those injuries.

Also, I think he feels more allegiance to the Cardinals because they never "threw him away". They rescued him off the scrap heap & let him get healthy & win the QB competition over a high round draft pick on merit alone.

Last edited by a moderator:

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Super Bowl Victory > No Super Bowl Victory

I would probably say he was better in St. Louis, if you look at his record playing for the Rams it's much better but he didn't have Marshall Faulk in Arizona so...
Jeff Fisher and company made it hard for the Greatest Show on Turf in Kurt's first Super Bowl.

It was DEFENSE that was missing in Kurt's last attempt.

Kurt made the 'Winning Drive' in that Cards' Super Bowl and scored enough points in the game to win it.

Throughout the game, it was defense that let him down, not missing an HOFer in Marshall Faulk, especially on that final drive of the game.

ozarkram

Animale rurale
Hoopla Cash
$ 190.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can find no fault with Kurt. He will always be my guy. Blame anyone blame MM and his man crush with Bulger.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kurt's a fool if he honestly believes this.

tnerb57

Rams 50+ Club Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I had been kicked to the curb the way Warner was by the Rams, I'd feel the same way. Idiots had not faith in him, even after all he had done. The only time in my life I've ever rooted against the Rams was when Warner's Cardinals were playing them.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he feels that way because the AZ team wasn't as good as the Rams teams he took to the SB and if not for the AZ defense, would've won that SB for AZ.

His number are better in StL, but I think he is prouder of his accomplishments in AZ because everyone had a) wrote him off and b) didn't expect AZ to get anywhere.

I think it's a shame he feels more allegiance to AZ than StL and I blame a lot of that on the prior Rams FO/ownership not embracing their former players.
He won the Rams only Super Bowl, played in 2 of 3 for Rams' history!

So I think you're absolutely right!

:10:

Kroenke himself, needs to right this ship!

tnerb57

Rams 50+ Club Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jeff Fisher and company made it hard for the Greatest Show on Turf in Kurt's first Super Bowl.

It was DEFENSE that was missing in Kurt's last attempt.

Kurt made the 'Winning Drive' in that Cards' Super Bowl and scored enough points in the game to win it.

Throughout the game, it was defense that let him down, not missing an HOFer in Marshall Faulk, especially on that final drive of the game.

The defense let him down in the Super Bowl against the Patriots as well.

mutigers1fan

the SoCo kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He also threw an interception at the goal line that went the other way in that game. In the game the Rams won he didn't make any big mistakes. Not to discount what you said but Kurt wasn't flawless in that game either.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea Rambunctious, I posted a really long article over on camp notes about what Warner had to say about Bradford. It is a good read.

BOSS429Mustang

Politically Incorrect
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bottom line is that Kurt Warner will go into the HOF as a Ram when his time comes. That is his only SB victory, and without it he doesn't make it in so it's a no brainer.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Cardinals teams he was at the helm of for 3 seasons didn't have nearly the talent the Rams teams did. People don't realize the type of injuries he played through in during the 2 playoff runs were serious enough that many other QBs would have been shut down for the season if they had those injuries.

Also, I think he feels more allegiance to the Cardinals because they never "threw him away". They rescued him off the scrap heap & let him get healthy & win the QB competition over a high round draft pick on merit alone.
A lot of us Rams' fan never 'threw him away'.

Back then I would tell anyone who would listen,...
"You don't lose your job over injury, especially if you are Kurt Warner"
Where I do blame the Rams, I don't blame the Giants....

The Giants truly did have a high round draft pick to groom, you guys had Matt.... nuff said.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kurt's a fool if he honestly believes this.
I get it though...

You're a Rams as long as your a Ram...

Once you're a Giant, you are no longer a Ram and so on....

His last allegiance was to Arizona however come time for the HOF it's going to be in Horns...

:suds:

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
brenda-warner-the-view.jpg

Ram Brenda Warner <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< AZ Brenda Warner.

mikey728

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Warner should be grateful that he didn't have to interview Tavon Austin at length..A good analogy would be to compare Tavon with an albatross...He has the grace of a gazelle out on the field...An albatross has that same grace in flight...Where they also compare is the total waste they both are after the play...The albatross falls, stumbles and fails like a clown when it tries to land...Tavon falls, stumbles and fails like a clown when he tries desperately to put a single coherent sentence together...I just can't listen to these guys any more...I enjoy watching, but I'm through listening...