• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Canucks Season Summed up thread

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@BradZiemer
Johan Franzen ($3.95 million), Ryan Callahan ($4.275M) and Wayne Simmonds ($3.975M) seen as possible comparables for Burrows. #Canucks
Gilman also says team plans to talk soon to Edler's agent, Mark Stowe, about extension

What about comparing Burrows to Matt Moulson? Moulson has scored 30 goals or more for three consecutive years. He plays on a line with John Tavares. Moulson makes 3.1M per year.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bellows is a shrew"d" guy and I think he knows he's got a good thing going with the robots, I can see him signing for right around $4 million per season on a 3-4 year deal.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bellows is a shrew"d" guy and I think he knows he's got a good thing going with the robots, I can see him signing for right around $4 million per season on a 3-4 year deal.

Is he worth that? I don't think he'd score 30 on many other teams. Imagine what Iginla would do playing with the Sedins dash.

By the way are we talking about the same guy? I thought Bellows played in Mnny several years back.:D:

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is he worth that? I don't think he'd score 30 on many other teams. Imagine what Iginla would do playing with the Sedins dash.

By the way are we talking about the same guy? I thought Bellows played in Mnny several years back.:D:

yes he is. he does so much more than score. hes one of those intangible players every team needs. he has earned it and deserves it and will earn it again

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Bellows has worked his way into the discussion for Team Canada 2014 in Sochi, he's a very good penalty killer and great in the shootout.

/Yeah, I don't like him, but sometimes ya gotta put personal feelings aside...

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yes he is. he does so much more than score. hes one of those intangible players every team needs. he has earned it and deserves it and will earn it again

Well you see him play a lot more than I do so if you believe so that's fine with me. I was just trying to help the Canucks save some cap space.:D:

I wouldn't go more than 3 years though.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Bellows has worked his way into the discussion for Team Canada 2014 in Sochi, he's a very good penalty killer and great in the shootout.

/Yeah, I don't like him, but sometimes ya gotta put personal feelings aside...

Would you put him on Team Canada in 2014 over Eberle?

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well you see him play a lot more than I do so if you believe so that's fine with me. I was just trying to help the Canucks save some cap space.:D:

I wouldn't go more than 3 years though.

yeah I dont think 3 will get it done. it will be 4. and I dont think there will be a NTC or NMC after year 2 as I believe his ultimate destination is Montreal for retirement days

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah I dont think 3 will get it done. it will be 4. and I dont think there will be a NTC or NMC after year 2 as I believe his ultimate destination is Montreal for retirement days

He'll be 35 in 4 years. I guess there isn't much more risk from 34 to 35.

The Canucks are definately built to win NOW!!

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would you put him on Team Canada in 2014 over Eberle?

Hmmm, that's a good question - I think you would have to look at how the rest of the roster is shaping up. My gut says that I would probably take Eberle over Bellows.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1

his numbers are definitely boosted by playing with the robots. but:
- not as much as you'd think, as he rarely gets powerplay time
- they have rolled through an ass-ton of right wingers* on that line that haven't had the same chemistry. Burrows has a special dimension.
- Burrows is the definition of utility player. First line minutes, can be effective as 3rd line checker, and is even first on the list to fill in on defense if the need arises.

Even Strength Goals over the past 4 years goes like this:
1 - Ovechkin ($9 mill)
2 - Stamkos ($7.5 mill)
3 - Burrows ($2 mill)

* T Klatt, T Bertuzzi, T Linden, Jason King, M Arvedson, A Carter, T Pyatt, M Naslund, P Demitra, S Bernier, M Samuelsson

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmmm, that's a good question - I think you would have to look at how the rest of the roster is shaping up. My gut says that I would probably take Eberle over Bellows.

my gut and mind takes Eberle over Burrows

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You look at how clutch Eberle has been in the past for Team Canada at the World Junior Tourney and it's tough to keep him off that team in 2014...

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
his numbers are definitely boosted by playing with the robots. but:
- not as much as you'd think, as he rarely gets powerplay time
- they have rolled through an ass-ton of right wingers* on that line that haven't had the same chemistry. Burrows has a special dimension.
- Burrows is the definition of utility player. First line minutes, can be effective as 3rd line checker, and is even first on the list to fill in on defense if the need arises.

Even Strength Goals over the past 4 years goes like this:
1 - Ovechkin ($9 mill)
2 - Stamkos ($7.5 mill)
3 - Burrows ($2 mill)

* T Klatt, T Bertuzzi, T Linden, Jason King, M Arvedson, A Carter, T Pyatt, M Naslund, P Demitra, S Bernier, M Samuelsson

Quite the bargain in that case at 2M. Hopefully after he gets the big contract he continues to play the same way.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You look at how clutch Eberle has been in the past for Team Canada at the World Junior Tourney and it's tough to keep him off that team in 2014...

Canada will be loaded again. As usual whoever picks the team is going to have some difficult decisions to make. There really isn't going to be a right or wrong at any position. The talent pool is so deep. What's going to be interesting to see is if vets like Getzlaf, Brad Richards & Spezza make the team over guys like Tavares, Benn & Seguin.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Getzlaf needs to show a lot (and I mean A LOT) of improvement to even be in consideration for the team. I don't think the selection committee will make the same mistake in 2006 (going with a veteran team over good young guys) in 2014.

/At least I hope they don't
//I already have Tavares on the team in 2014, that guy is money.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quite the bargain in that case at 2M. Hopefully after he gets the big contract he continues to play the same way.

what makes me excited is that I think he raises his play even more taking on a bigger role with more $$. I believe that

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Getzlaf needs to show a lot (and I mean A LOT) of improvement to even be in consideration for the team. I don't think the selection committee will make the same mistake in 2006 (going with a veteran team over good young guys) in 2014.

/At least I hope they don't
//I already have Tavares on the team in 2014, that guy is money.

We know the U.S. will have Quick, Sweden will have Lundqvist, Finland will have Lehtonen. Who will play goal for Canada, Price, Fleury, Ward? Will Mike Smith get some consideration?