• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Canucks reduce roster

mooger_35

my hatred for MY team clouds my judgement
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Canucks reduce roster: L.Sweatt, B.Sweatt, Yann Sauve, Victor Oreskovich and Sergei Shirokov officially re-assigned to Manitoba Moose

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
how in the holy name of Sam Hill is Guillaume Desbiens still on the short list?
I'd have Joel Perrault in the WestJet seat next to him too, while I'm at it.

merlynbc

Go Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
@Mooger

No real surprises there. They need to get to 23 on the roster.

@ Puck

One or the other(maybe even both) will be headed for the farm before the 9th. They are prpbably still in the mix for 4th line grit... the team must be still undecided on which will give them the better option.

On another note, I see Peter Schaefer hasn't been let go yet. He played well in the last game. Likely 3rd line winger until Burr gets back.

Kick@ssguy55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Hodgson is also still up. I don't see how they can have him on the team given the way he performed in the pre-season. He wasn't terrible; he's just not ready yet. Nothing wrong with that.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hodgson is also still up. I don't see how they can have him on the team given the way he performed in the pre-season. He wasn't terrible; he's just not ready yet. Nothing wrong with that.

He was a whole lot better Friday night ... He didnt look out of place ... He was in on 2 2 on 1's ... but i still cant see him making the team come Wednesday because of his cap number ... maybe they are just keeping him around a couple of extra practice days to immerse him in the systems teaching that the main players are getting today and tomorrow ... maybe they call him up after they put Salo and Burrows on LTIR

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
He was a whole lot better Friday night ... He didnt look out of place ... He was in on 2 2 on 1's ... but i still cant see him making the team come Wednesday because of his cap number ... maybe they are just keeping him around a couple of extra practice days to immerse him in the systems teaching that the main players are getting today and tomorrow ... maybe they call him up after they put Salo and Burrows on LTIR

he can be moved up and down without waiver exposure, so that's a reasonable call.
regarding his salary, wouldn't the hit for this year be $875k?
the rest ($850) would be bonus ... deferred until next year?

/caveat... I am not a cap expert. I just play one on the interwebs :)