• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Canada vs. USA

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hold on, US makes it 3-2 with 1:05 left.

Dacks

Militant Pacifist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bobby Lou yukking it up with PK in the stands...

I always thought it was great to see the NHLers watch their women play. We're always so cynical about pro athletes but it's obvious these guys are passionate about their sport and their country, not just themselves.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL @ the Canadian women being called for "too many men".

BlueWolfZero

Disruptive troll
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, let's hope the gold medal game is that much fun

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good game Canadians, wow, those ladies can play!

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wickenheiser took over that 3rd period for Canada (along with Agosta).

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Worst officiating I've ever seen. Literally.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey pix, did you make coffee?

:D

Go Canada Go!

I actually did, hahah. Sorry I didn't get here in time to share :)

I hate that the refs tarnished what was a fantastic game. Canada worked for their win, so I'm certainly not pinning the loss on the refs. I'm just insanely disappointed in how they tarnished the product. It was fast paced, exciting, goalie duel...then the refs decided to not do their job. The second goal was so screwed up. 1) the ref should not have blown the whistle, however 2) she did, and the puck wasn't across the line, and 3) that's not reviewable, so 4) she decided to completely ignore her mistake and pretend it didn't happen. I can get over that one though, because, as mentioned, the whistle shouldn't have blown...it was all the other crap. How do you miss multiple too many men? 7 people on the ice is really obvious. Also, if you're not going to call body checks, fine...but then don't simply decide to do it at random intervals. Coyne got rocked by two players behind the net and it was fine...but both teams barely touch someone earlier and get called. Also: LEARN HOW TO STAY AWAY FROM THE PLAY. The turnover that lead to the third goal wasn't pretty, but it'd have been nice if that linesman (who also held in a few clearing attempts BY CAN) could've avoided picking off Knight. Just a lot of incompetence. Annoying.

From a hockey standpoint, the US just got worked in the third. Canada was fantastic at getting in lanes all game. Props. Great defensive game from them.

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually did, hahah. Sorry I didn't get here in time to share :)

I hate that the refs tarnished what was a fantastic game. Canada worked for their win, so I'm certainly not pinning the loss on the refs. I'm just insanely disappointed in how they tarnished the product. It was fast paced, exciting, goalie duel...then the refs decided to not do their job. The second goal was so screwed up. 1) the ref should not have blown the whistle, however 2) she did, and the puck wasn't across the line, and 3) that's not reviewable, so 4) she decided to completely ignore her mistake and pretend it didn't happen. I can get over that one though, because, as mentioned, the whistle shouldn't have blown...it was all the other crap. How do you miss multiple too many men? 7 people on the ice is really obvious. Also, if you're not going to call body checks, fine...but then don't simply decide to do it at random intervals. Coyne got rocked by two players behind the net and it was fine...but both teams barely touch someone earlier and get called. Also: LEARN HOW TO STAY AWAY FROM THE PLAY. The turnover that lead to the third goal wasn't pretty, but it'd have been nice if that linesman (who also held in a few clearing attempts BY CAN) could've avoided picking off Knight. Just a lot of incompetence. Annoying.

From a hockey standpoint, the US just got worked in the third. Canada was fantastic at getting in lanes all game. Props. Great defensive game from them.

It is impossible to figure out the refs in the women's tourney. I'm praying there is consistency with the mens

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm devestated.

*skipping rocks on a frozen pond, Eric Carmen's "All By Myself" playing, the frozen corpse of Andrew Stevens under near by shrubbery*

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah game 6 lakers-kings was the worst. I was throwing shit all over the place and I'm not a kings fan ha

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is impossible to figure out the refs in the women's tourney. I'm praying there is consistency with the mens

If the Men's is even half as bad as the Women's, I'll need a few stress balls, maybe a pillow or two, just to keep myself from breaking everything. So many early morning f-bombs today.