• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Can we stop the Denver hype?

RonBorges

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a good post, Ron, but I think that the bolded part is in the wrong thread. Read that, read the thread title, and tell me that there isn't a very stark disconnect between the two. There is not one post in this thread claiming that Manning and the Broncos will win the SB. Rather, some moron started a thread suggesting that he knows that that won't happen and then a few like minded ninnies jumped in to support that logically unsupportable claim. Not the first time it's happened and surely not the last.

I'm responding to cwood, a classic and constant Peyton Manning Ballwasher.

and you have every right and reason to be hopeful for the Broncos this year. They look great.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Their first challenge will come next week in Dallas. I think they win that game but I'm almost certain that they won't look nearly as dominant as they've looked in the first 3 weeks

The cowboys are the worst team they have faced yet...

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm responding to cwood, a classic and constant Peyton Manning Ballwasher.

and you have every right and reason to be hopeful for the Broncos this year. They look great.

cwood, the Packers fan? I thought he was a Favre "ball washer" (just kidding). Actually, if I recall correctly, he has posted what I think are a couple of imminently reasonable points in this thread: (1) The role that luck and the performances of players other than the QB tend to be highly underrated by many "fans" and (2) merely parroting that PMFM's teams have lost in the first round a number of times is a very simple minded algorithm for predicting that that will happen the next time that he plays in a playoff game. Is it possible for that to happen? Sure. But if it does, it will almost surely have more to do with factors other than how PMFM plays. Would that quiet the mouth breathers? Of course not.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's 3 Games!

Hype...regardless of his playoff record, P. Manning is arguably a top 5 QB of alltime in the minds of many in the NFL. Of course the media is going to ride the coattails of his comeback story. But...they also have harped on his inability to play in the cold weather, and as the season changes to cold weather that angle is going to freshen, so this isn't some out of control hype here.

How good are the Broncos? After 3 games they look really good, but we're not going to find out until January.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The cowboys are the worst team they have faced yet...

You're an idiot.

I'm not a Cowboys fan but they clearly are the best team they would have faced.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Denver is fun team to watch. They have great fans a great NFL history and I will always give them credit as the first AFC team in over ten years to break through and win the Superbowl.

I agree with this.

Manning is a great QB. Fun to watch. Precision. Excellence.

I also agree with this.

What sucks is all the Manning ballwashers, no necessarily affiliated with the Broncos (or Colts) who spend far too much time trying to sell everyone else on the legend of Manning.

And I agree again.

If you are Steeler fan, you have 2 wins under Rothlisberger (and almost a 3rd)
Patriot fan, 3 wins
Giant fan, 2 recent wins and a great franchise
Packers fan, 1 win and a huge upside
Baltimore fan 1 win and very solid team
Saints fan 1 win and in the discusson
RGIII, Kaepernick, or Wilson fan -- you may own the next decade

but there has never been a group of troll fans more obnoxious than the Peyton Manning Fan Boys

This is where you lose me. I'm not saying there aren't obnoxious Manning Fanboys, I just don't think they're any worse than any of the other obnoxious fanboys. There are plenty of obnoxious Tom Brady Fanboys, and who could forget the obnoxious Tim Tebow Fanboys. I don't think Manning's group is worse than either of those groups.

I feel sorry for Peyton... and I understand the Bronco fans are not same group of front-runner icon-worshipers as these clowns are.

I agree, and honestly I don't understand the people who are player fans, anyway. To me it's about the team; I hated Manning when he played for the Colts (mostly because he always kicked the crap out of the Broncos), but I love him now because he's our qb. I just don't get the people who follow players. Unless you're related to that player, pick a team.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're an idiot.

Not even close. Dallas is a bad team.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As for the Broncos, I think so far the hype is deserved. No one is crowning them Super Bowl champs yet. All we have is a 3 game sample, and in that 3 games they've put up more points than anyone has since the merger, Manning has thrown for more touchdowns than any had in the first 3 games, they hung 49 points on a team that gave up a combined 15 in their other 2 games, and they've blown out 3 teams (which is what good teams are supposed to do to bad teams).

You have to remember, a lot of this hype is due to what they did last season. Yes, they failed to win a playoff game, but remember they won their final 11 regular season games and they came closer to beating the Super Bowl champs than anyone else did. The point is, they were really good last year, and with their offseason additions and less uncertainty with Manning they were expected to be even better this season. So far that's been the case.

Will that translate to a Super Bowl win? Who knows. But right now I think you could match Denver up with any team on a neutral field and they'd probably be favored to win (with the only possible exception being the Seahawks). And that's even before they get their best defensive player back from suspension.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're an idiot.

I think it's probably a toss up at this point between Dallas and Baltimore as to who is better, but I don't think there's any doubt that winning in Dallas will be much tougher for Denver than beating Baltimore in the opener was.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're an idiot.

Rich for you to call someone an "idiot" after first starting this thread claiming to know that the Broncos are mere hype and now that the Cowboys are "clearly" better than the defending champs. The only point that you've made clear is that you absolutely don't know how little you know about what you post.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Dallas isn't blown out I will be surprised.

RonBorges

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As for the Broncos, I think so far the hype is deserved. No one is crowning them Super Bowl champs yet. All we have is a 3 game sample, and in that 3 games they've put up more points than anyone has since the merger, Manning has thrown for more touchdowns than any had in the first 3 games, they hung 49 points on a team that gave up a combined 15 in their other 2 games, and they've blown out 3 teams (which is what good teams are supposed to do to bad teams).

You have to remember, a lot of this hype is due to what they did last season. Yes, they failed to win a playoff game, but remember they won their final 11 regular season games and they came closer to beating the Super Bowl champs than anyone else did. The point is, they were really good last year, and with their offseason additions and less uncertainty with Manning they were expected to be even better this season. So far that's been the case.

Will that translate to a Super Bowl win? Who knows. But right now I think you could match Denver up with any team on a neutral field and they'd probably be favored to win (with the only possible exception being the Seahawks). And that's even before they get their best defensive player back from suspension.

Good post! I would give you a "thumbs up", but it is not allowed

tshirt

hot dogs mmm
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Denver is fun team to watch. They have great fans a great NFL history and I will always give them credit as the first AFC team in over ten years to break through and win the Superbowl.

Manning is a great QB. Fun to watch. Precision. Excellence.

What sucks is all the Manning ballwashers, no necessarily affiliated with the Broncos (or Colts) who spend far too much time trying to sell everyone else on the legend of Manning.

If you are Steeler fan, you have 2 wins under Rothlisberger (and almost a 3rd)
Patriot fan, 3 wins
Giant fan, 2 recent wins and a great franchise
Packers fan, 1 win and a huge upside
Baltimore fan 1 win and very solid team
Saints fan 1 win and in the discusson
RGIII, Kaepernick, or Wilson fan -- you may own the next decade

but there has never been a group of troll fans more obnoxious than the Peyton Manning Fan BoI feel sorry for Peyton... and I understand the Bronco fans are not same group of front-runner icon-worshipers as these clowns are.

I think you have it backwards. What sucks is how the Peyton-haters who spend far too much time belitting Manning outnumber the people that give Peyton his due.

where is this "obnoxious group of Peyton Manning Fan Boys" that you speak of? you named one person.
I've never seen a forum where the people who praise Peyton outnumber the people that belittle him.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you have it backwards. What sucks is how the Peyton-haters who spend far too much time belitting Manning outnumber the people that give Peyton his due.

where is this "obnoxious group of Peyton Manning Fan Boys" that you speak of? you named one person.
I've never seen a forum where the people who praise Peyton outnumber the people that belittle him.

Ron is talking about the troll toilet that was ESPN general. Idiots would exaggerate daily about Peyton Manning to bait the Brady ball washers, and there were many of those as well. In summary, that board became such shit hole that actual football threads became rare.