• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Can we stop pretending like Joey Bosa is JJ Watt?

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep.

As for Gresham, I think he was. He's not even done all that well in Arizona back with Palmer in a passing offense.

Tight ends are not really part of the Arians offense. Block first & maybe they are the 4th or 5th option. He has played well here.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tight ends are not really part of the Arians offense. Block first & maybe they are the 4th or 5th option.
Fair enough, but he's also a poor blocker (usually graded out poor in Cincinnati, not sure about now) and was a penalty machine. Good for at least 1 hold and 1 false-start a game. It was unreal.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure,,,Can we also stop pretending like any of us KNOW what ANY College player will be as a Pro...

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep.

As for Gresham, I think he was. He's not even done all that well in Arizona back with Palmer in a passing offense. The biggest issue with him is that he's mentally soft. Physically, he's a Gronk. Big. Strong. Fast. he just doesn't handle the mental aspect of the game at all. Lots of penalties, drops, poor routes. I think in his case, despite the usage rate, it was play because they had no one else and the fact that Marvin has a penchant for certain players, Gresham was one of them. Brandon Tate is another. This guy would not be on any other NFL team, let alone a contending team. Yet he continues to stick to the Bengals' roster like the stink of a playoff game loss.

But, I digress...We are in agreement with Bust labels for the most part, and we don't know what Bosa will do, but just watching him at OSU, I only see flashes at times, and not enough speed to be considered a real threat to sack anyone at the next level without some good CB coverage or real help along the DL that helps free him up. Anything can happen, though. No one ever saw Gronk or Watt coming.

Gresham...I thought more under-achiever than bust. But, fair points, clearly you expect more from a 1st rounder.

Bosa...imo going at the top of the draft hurt him...won't have enough talent around him to shine...especially early. If he was an edge pass rusher on Carolina next to those two DT studs...he could have a nice career...5 to 7 sacks a year maybe.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think even the folks in TN running the asylum realize that have made a big investment in Mariota, and Lewan needs to be on the right side...in spite of the dysfunctional look in the FO...I expect Tunsil to be the pick.

I agree but,

Every year we have the "super hype " out of the combines and these DE's get way over rated and the pressure to take them high is always a factor, (example Texans)

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree but,

Every year we have the "super hype " out of the combines and these DE's get way over rated and the pressure to take them high is always a factor, (example Texans)

HOU and Clowney was part studipity, and part trying to prove themselves to be right I guess.

3-4 DEF with arguably the best DE in the last 20 yrs. Clowney was a pure 4-3 DE...ATL was a 4-3 team in dire need for a pass rusher so of course they called...HOU was looking for a windfall, but teams were not lining up...ATL stayed with their offer (reportedly 1st & 3rd) and HOU balked, wanting more.

Now they have a 4-3 DE playing OLB with pretty poor results for a #1 overall.