• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Can we rescind the invitation to Syracuse....

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First Bernie Fine.

Now this drug scandal. Could we rescind the invite with cause?

I don't know if the Bernie Fine deal would be grounds for rescinding the invite, but I'm sure the drug scandal would be more than enough.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know if the Bernie Fine deal would be grounds for rescinding the invite, but I'm sure the drug scandal would be more than enough.

UCONN was beating dow our door. I would take them over Cuse right now easily. Pitt was the good get, IMO, (good sports, academics, program history, recruiting bed, similar type school) but Cuse and UCONN are interchangeable.

ACC_HOKIES

4 ACC Championships
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I've always wondered what the ACC loves about the Cuse anyway. Yes they have a sizable portion of their alumni base in NYC, and they play great basketball. However, one has to wonder how they will improve football. I've been to the Carrier Dome once, and it was the suck. The football program lost it's identity and has been an after thought since that point. Their program needs heavy investment at a poor economic period with trouble looming over basketball.

UConn and Rutgers football have both improved, albeit to mediocrity, at Syracuse's expense, but they both have significant issues of their own. Both have unsustainable athletic deficits. Both have questionable fan loyalty. Rutgers is horrible at nearly every athletic venture. Their draw is location potential, which I don't think will be reached for the forseeable future. UConn basketball is their strength, but the ACC has some quality and potential there, so what makes them better than NC State or Maryland (for example)?

FWIW, there are no steals out there right now for the ACC.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We've got Miami so what's the point? Another won't hurt