• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Can we place the blame for the bears failure in the right place please?

leomaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have changed it twice in the last three years, and then before that it hasn't been changed too much since they took over. The problem is the guy choosing the front office. You can change the front office every year, but if the guy doing it sucks at his job (Ted Phillips) then you need to get rid of him as well. He must make the mccaskeys a lot of money or have incriminating pictures or something because he stood in the way of us getting an actual quality head coaching candidate last time around. He was also responsible for Angelo overstaying his welcome and hiring Emery. I also wouldn't be surprised if he had a hand in giving jay cutler that ridiculous contract, but have no concrete evidence of this. And then when Chris Ballard tells him and the mccaskeys that the bears are doing something wrong and it needs to be changed for success they don't like it. That just screams stupidity to me.

That just screams stupidity to me.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me just say that some of the posts are very funny.

I would like to know who actually makes the decisions? Phillips to me always seemed to be the bean-counter of the organization. But who decided to fire Angelo? And then Emery? Maybe no one actually takes personal responsibility for team decisions. Still, would this be Phillips' sole decision? Or George McCaskey's?

Maybe it isn't important to know.
But I will add that as frustrating as the Bears have been in recent history it is refreshing to see them (referring to Phillips and McCaskey who are atop the Bears' org chart) to make wholesale changes in the last 4 seasons. Nice to see the leash is short.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Water is only wet if it is in liquid form. And heat is a relative thing. Temperatures inside a bolt of lightning are 5 times hotter than the sun. And quasars are tens of thousands of times hotter than the sun.

Sorry, just had to...
Pretty sure hot pockets are 5 times hotter then quasars except in the middle where there still frozen.