• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Can we place the blame for the bears failure in the right place please?

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean really? Can we think about this for a minute? Any combination of Jay Cutler, Marc Trestman, our coaching staff, emery, and the defense can be blamed for the bears failures this year. Your answer might be get rid of them and start fresh, but the next regime will most surely suck just as hard. Let's put pressure where it belongs. Let's put pressure on the mccaskeys. They have been marching out garbage and underachieving for way too long. Sure, we had that Super Bowl appearance in 06, but we also kind of fell into it. The defense was good, but the offense was atrocious. If we want the bears to be any good in the future we need to demand that the mccaskeys sell this sorry ass team. We need to boycott the games and merchandise. Make the mccaskeys wallets hurt and FORCE them to sell the team to someone Who will know what the fuck they are doing. I'm tired of this shit and it will never change until we get new ownership. However, Bears fans will continue to pad the maccaskeys wallets by purchasing tickets, merchandise, and watching them on Sundays. It's such a shame too, because if I sucked as bad as they do at my job, I would have been fired a long time ago. This is a business people, and if we keep buying into this sorry franchise, then nothing will change.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fudge, its upsetting. And maybe you're just venting. But McCaskey's will never sell this inheritance. We can only hope that (1) the men that they put in place like Ted Phillips and Phil Emery make better choices to lead, (2) or get replaced by better men who make better choices, or (3) that current chairman George McCaskey gets some sage advice on how to turn a franchise around from Rocky Wirtz.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The McCaskys are the one bright spot. How about we don't blame the MCcaskeys. How about we quit blaming just anyone and focus on the real problems.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The McCaskys are the one bright spot. How about we don't blame the MCcaskeys. How about we quit blaming just anyone and focus on the real problems.

You're right Joe......McCaskeys are the farthest thing wrong with this team.

Hell they've tried bringing us top free agents for a very long time.

I remember them bringing in Ted Washington and thinking sweet,how's about how about Carolina's top wr a few years ago?
Muhsin Muhammad.....
Julius Peppers......

And this is just the names of the better players that I can think of.

Even this past seasons free agents.....Shit after Cutler signed that contract,everyone kept saying we had no money left to sign anymore free agents,and what happens?.......Step in Jared Allen.
He got us all excited,,,,,,,So yeah,it's a long way from the owners fault.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The mccaskeys have failed for 30 years. You're a moron if you think they are the loan bright spot. If they cared at all about the bears and the city of Chicago they would take over the expenses of the field care. Instead, they'd rather the city of Chicago, which is struggling, pay for the field upkeep at the expense of a terrible playing field. If they cared at all about the bears, they would bring in proven coaches rather than football minds with zero nfl head coaching experience that nobody else wanted. If they cared about the bears, they would have fired Angelo much sooner. They don't care about the bears winning a Super Bowl. They care about the fans buying tickets and merchandise. It's a great success to them that you guys think they are doing a bang up job. Sure, they might spend a lot of money on free agents, but that's because their talent evaluators suck since they have no idea how to hire good GMs. Heck they were one of the last teams to bring in a GM to run the team. I also don't want to hear that bringing in top free agents means they aren't cheapskates. Get real. There is a cap, and if the bears weren't close to the cap, they would look like obvious cheapskates. They are always behind the rest of the league. There is a reason that teams like the packers, the patriots, and the broncos are always contenders. Sure they hit a few bumps along the way, but they always rebuild quickly and become contenders again. That's due to the owners bringing in the right people to run the team. The Mccaskeys haven't done that ever. The bears are always either rebuilding or underachieving. The only constant along the way has been the mccaskeys. This has been a gripe of mine for a long ass time. It's why I'm always pessimistic about the bears. It's why I was face palming at the signing of Trestman. It's why I expect the bears to fail for long after Jay Cutler, Marc Trestman, Mel Tucker, etc. leave. If they knew anything about football, don't you think they would've stepped in and told Emery to franchise cutler rather than pay him as the most expensive offensive player in the nfl? We all put that on Emery, but if you're going to credit the mccaskeys with bringing in free agents, maybe you should credit them with paying Cutler too. They are awful owners and have been for years. If you can't see that, I am sorry, but you are an ignorant moron that just won't look at the facts.

Last edited by a moderator:

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I hate you all?:think:

If we start winning again, will you all stop being catty c unts to each other?

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I hate you all?:think:

If we start winning again, will you all stop being catty c unts to each other?

Again? It's been while since we've been winners for more than 1 year. But, no. I'm going to be a catty c unt regardless you douche bag. :D

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean really? Can we think about this for a minute? Any combination of Jay Cutler, Marc Trestman, our coaching staff, emery, and the defense can be blamed for the bears failures this year. Your answer might be get rid of them and start fresh, but the next regime will most surely suck just as hard. Let's put pressure where it belongs. Let's put pressure on the mccaskeys. They have been marching out garbage and underachieving for way too long. Sure, we had that Super Bowl appearance in 06, but we also kind of fell into it. The defense was good, but the offense was atrocious. If we want the bears to be any good in the future we need to demand that the mccaskeys sell this sorry ass team. We need to boycott the games and merchandise. Make the mccaskeys wallets hurt and FORCE them to sell the team to someone Who will know what the fuck they are doing. I'm tired of this shit and it will never change until we get new ownership. However, Bears fans will continue to pad the maccaskeys wallets by purchasing tickets, merchandise, and watching them on Sundays. It's such a shame too, because if I sucked as bad as they do at my job, I would have been fired a long time ago. This is a business people, and if we keep buying into this sorry franchise, then nothing will change.

Oh gawd…

This argument again. :L

My lord, do the Tom in Buffalo Grove's who call into the score love spewing this nonsense.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't we just get along?
tumblr_na4qqpzqOT1rv6emao3_400.gif

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Save for ATF.

I don't know how anyone can still stand that guy.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Am I the only one who sees this? Really? It's painfully clear, guys. How many more years of failure will it take to convince you? 10? 20? Look at what new ownership has done to the cubs. They haven't experienced success quite yet, but they are closing in on it because they have people who know what they are doing in the front office. They brought in Epstein who put in place a 5 year plan that seems to be working out. They have hired a manager that knows his stuff. They have been developing minor leaguers rather than bringing in free agents. Basically, they have been bringing in winners to acquire and develop young talent and have been succeeding at it. Things are looking up for them. I understand they could still fail, but I am confident they will start Atleast competing in their division as soon as this coming year. Someone needs to do that with the bears.

I honestly want to hear what you guys think is so good about the mccaskeys. Every team spends money on players. In fact, the cap is most likely figured into their business expenses. They are in charge of hiring GMs, which the mccaskeys haven't hired a successful one yet. They are in charge of hiring head coaches, which they have utterly failed at. Every coach we have had since ditka has been a failure. Even though Lovie got us to a Super Bowl, everyone considers him a sub par head coach on here. They are in charge of the front office, which has also been a failure. I mean, What the hell? What do the mccaskeys have to do in order to be considered bad owners? If running a failure of a franchise for 30 years, hiring incompetent head coaches and GMs, and neglecting to provide the best facilities for the team doesn't count as a failure, I really don't know what does. I am surprised at how everyone is defending these utterly incompetent owners.

Last edited by a moderator:

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McCaskeys are idiots, but dont think they have much contact with anything football related other than meeting at the games. You get a jerry jones type and that wont work either. Their job should end at Phillps, Phillips should be accountable for the GM and the gm for coaches and players..

C

cubzzzfanincali

Personally, I blame all of American society for this whole "winners and losers" mentality. Can't we all just be "players", and all have some fun?

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McCaskeys are idiots, but dont think they have much contact with anything football related other than meeting at the games. You get a jerry jones type and that wont work either. Their job should end at Phillps, Phillips should be accountable for the GM and the gm for coaches and players..

They control the money. They won't pay for anything if they don't approve. I don't just think the mccaskeys should go. I think Philips should go too.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The McCaskys once again prove to be cheap and not in touch with the fans disappointment. (NOT)

leomaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well that was stupid....blame the McCaskeys........lmfao . They aren't to blame and it's you who is the lone moron who thinks that they are......... rethink this and come up with a better solution......LMFAO

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't heard a good argument for the mccaskeys succeeding since taking over the team.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't heard a good argument for the mccaskeys succeeding since taking over the team.

What are you talking about, "since taking over the team" ? They've always owned the team.