• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Can we place the blame for the bears failure in the right place please?

Dirk

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Virginia McCaskey was born Virginia Halas.
So, always.

Except if Ginny hadn't married Ed, the McCaskeys wouldn't own shit.

You could argue that November 1st 1983 was the day that the McCaskeys actually took ownership of the team.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Virginia McCaskey was born Virginia Halas.
So, always.

The current regime took over for George Halas. Just because Virginias maiden name is Halas does not mean she's going to run it the same way. The guy she married won't either. I didn't know I would have to inform you of this, I honestly thought you were a little brighter.

thunderspirit

KFFL expatriate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Except if Ginny hadn't married Ed, the McCaskeys wouldn't own shit.

You could argue that November 1st 1983 was the day that the McCaskeys actually took ownership of the team.
Hell, if Muggs Halas hadn't passed away in 1979, it'd likely still be under the Halas name.

But Ginny is still a Halas, namesake or no. And frankly, the family would still be involved the same way regardless.

Last edited by a moderator:

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The "McCaskey's are the problem" argument is just so dumb.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The "McCaskey's are the problem" argument is just so dumb.

How is it? Even if they aren't making the mistakes themselves, they don't get rid of the people who are? You people just say it's a stupid argument and have not given one good reason as to why. It's maddening. I feel like I'm taking crazy pills!!!

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How is it? Even if they aren't making the mistakes themselves, they don't get rid of the people who are? You people just say it's a stupid argument and have not given one good reason as to why. It's maddening. I feel like I'm taking crazy pills!!!

It is their team, they run it the way they want, not the way you want or I want. You wish to criticize, fine, but the argument isn't going anywhere. It is, what it is. Halas family tree has owned the organization since before the inception of the NFL.

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just thought this was funny and kinda fits this thread:
A website I don't really like- but get sucked in time and again- is Answers.com. It's stupid, and covered in ads. BUT those headlines do get you to click it... this one got me.
10 most Annoying Pro Sports Fans. And wouldn't you know it, along with your typical: Philly Sports, New York Yankees, Rex Sox, Raiders, Jets, Heat, Dodgers, Lakers, and Cowboys - OUR Chicago Bears were ranked #4 This is WHY: (according to Answers.com)

If you've ever lived in or visited Chicago, you're probably familiar with 670 The Score, AM radio. This is the station where Bears fans call in to complain about the quarterback, the coach, the GM, the owner, the mascot, etc. Unless your name is Mike Ditka, if you ever played for the Bears, chances are Bears fans insulted you on sports talk radio and internet message boards at some point.

Ha...well kinda ya.

C

cubzzzfanincali

Yeah kinda silly for fans to complain about a team that has been so marginal for so long. Great point there Joey! You really nailed that one!

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah kinda silly for fans to complain about a team that has been so marginal for so long. Great point there Joey! You really nailed that one!

WTF dude... I pointed out something I saw online, thought it was funny. Kinda like how you simply can't agree with me. That's funny. And I didn't write that, they did. Man, I love this site, it's so welcoming and easy going! HA)

Hey Cali, The bears sucked this year... agree? Ha probably not cause I said it.

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Cali... I think the sun is hot and water is wet- Do you agree?

C

cubzzzfanincali

Water is only wet if it is in liquid form. And heat is a relative thing. Temperatures inside a bolt of lightning are 5 times hotter than the sun. And quasars are tens of thousands of times hotter than the sun.

Sorry, just had to...

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah youre right.............Its not like they've changed the front office time after time.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is thier team they run it the way they want, not the way you want or I want. You wish to criticize, fine, but the argument isn't going anywhere. It is, what it is. Halas family tree has owned the organization since before the inception of the NFL.

let me correct this,

It is their BUSINESS, they run it the way they want.

The argument you can make in their lack of vision is investing in approving a new stadium that only holds 60,000 fans.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah youre right.............Its not like they've changed the front office time after time.

They have changed it twice in the last three years, and then before that it hasn't been changed too much since they took over. The problem is the guy choosing the front office. You can change the front office every year, but if the guy doing it sucks at his job (Ted Phillips) then you need to get rid of him as well. He must make the mccaskeys a lot of money or have incriminating pictures or something because he stood in the way of us getting an actual quality head coaching candidate last time around. He was also responsible for Angelo overstaying his welcome and hiring Emery. I also wouldn't be surprised if he had a hand in giving jay cutler that ridiculous contract, but have no concrete evidence of this. And then when Chris Ballard tells him and the mccaskeys that the bears are doing something wrong and it needs to be changed for success they don't like it. That just screams stupidity to me.

nomoreshoop

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Old stadium had enough room to hold a track meet AND a football game! I would have plopped on more seats and made it 200,000 capacity. give away 100,000 tickets to fill the sucker. Hell have them all fart when opponent is on offense or trying to catch a punt/kick.

C

cubzzzfanincali

I don't understand this whole line of discussion. The Bears are not a cheap franchise. Even if they were, it would have zero impact on the roster....the amount they spend on players is dictated by the CBA.

You can make an argument that they have hired the *wrong* people if you want, fine, that's debatable. But I don't see how you make the argument that they are cheap. If they didn't want an extra 50,000 seats in Soldier, so what? I like smaller stadiums personally. Of the criticisms of the McCaskeys, this is a new one to me.

leomaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well that was stupid

Water is only wet if it is in liquid form. And heat is a relative thing. Temperatures inside a bolt of lightning are 5 times hotter than the sun. And quasars are tens of thousands of times hotter than the sun.

Sorry, just had to...

The "sun " what is the temperature of the Sun? The surface is only 10,000 degrees Fahrenheit. The inner sun can be upwards of 1,000,000 + .

Water is only wet when in liquid form........CLASSIC