• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

can someone explain...

Rathman44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
what it means when the subject title is bolded in this forum? I thought it signified that I had not read a thread yet, but that doesn't seem to be the case for me. Recently posted unread threads are randomly un-bolded for me. Any ideas?

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If ur logged in then the bolding will go away once you read it unless you hit the back button to return to the 49ers main page. You would need to refresh at that point. The way around this is to click on the 49ers link at the top or bottom of the thread page you are reading. Or use GO next to forum jump at the bottom.

If ur not logged in then the cookies are working with different data basically.

If I'm switching comps or going mobile I try and read everything I want before I make the swap. Then when I log in on my new device I click on forum tools and choose mark forum read. Then I'm good to go.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And the Poll thread becomes bold if someone votes I think because I don't always see new posts in it.

Rathman44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
must be something with my cookies settings because I'm always logged in and refresh the page, but some read items still remain bold or items I have never looked at aren't bold. oh well... no biggie. just curious

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Ray, the way this works on my end is, when the title is bolded it indicates that a new post has been added to that particular thread. I don't know if that is how it is supposed to work, but I like being able to look at the page and see in a glance which threads have new posts.

Rathman44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
does the bolded title expire at some point? is there a way to change your personal settings so that it extends how long it is bolded for? seems like it only stays bold for about an hour for me, whether i read it or not.

EaseUrStorm

Chief Imagination Officer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
even after you refresh after reading the last post?

Arete Tzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's showing that you haven't read it, or there is a new post since the last time you read it. I'm pretty sure there is a limit to how long it stays bold if you choose not to read it at all, but I'm not sure what it is.

tomikcon1971

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ray, the way this works on my end is, when the title is bolded it indicates that a new post has been added to that particular thread. I don't know if that is how it is supposed to work, but I like being able to look at the page and see in a glance which threads have new posts.

That's what's happening on mine as well. However, that IS NOT the case on my iPhone, which makes it a challenge to see when I'm away from home. Not a complaint, just an observation.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, bolded means there is something u haven't read. I did a poor job of mentioning that.

Try forum tools, mark thread as read when u start using your iPhone. This gives u a fresh start.