• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Can Ole Miss give Alabama a game on the road?

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeldon still got 4.4 yards per carry, they blew VT out, and they let a bunch of guys with no experience tote it without much success with a big lead (which doesn't mean a lot with backups vs starters). Using McCarron's yards to drive down the average is a little sketchy too since you need to include his -23 to come up with that 2.53 average.

Starters vs starters nobody can't match Alabama's front line.

you realize that 21 of Bama's points had nothing to do with Yeldon, the offensive line, or even the offense at all right?

Bama's offense put up 14 on VT's D. I'd say they matched up pretty well

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, they're not chopped liver, but Ole Miss isn't as good as advertised. I think if we had Ash starting instead of Derp, we win that game. Bama should take this game with ease. I saw a stat that Ole Miss has won only once in Tuscaloosa in 61 years.
-
Every yr is a new yr. At most it means Ole Miss will need a good start. They get down early they may hang their heads. Hate stats like this. Who cares. Florida was an SEC whipping boy for most of the last 60 yrs. Things kind of changed there the last 15 yrs or so.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-
Every yr is a new yr. At most it means Ole Miss will need a good start. They get down early they may hang their heads. Hate stats like this. Who cares. Florida was an SEC whipping boy for most of the last 60 yrs. Things kind of changed there the last 15 yrs or so.

Vegas cares. I think that may be the reason Ole Miss is a 14.5 dog in this game b/c they have only won once in Tuscaloosa in the last 61 years.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vegas cares. I think that may be the reason Ole Miss is a 14.5 dog in this game b/c they have only won once in Tuscaloosa in the last 61 years.
-
Bama is the king, so their lines will err to the positive. I believe Bama is 1-2 vs the spread this yr.

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-
Bama is the king, so their lines will err to the positive. I believe Bama is 1-2 vs the spread this yr.

Something like that, I can't remember the spread on the A&M game.

rolltide14_0

~V--I--P~
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,833.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the Georgia fan gushing on Bama. I will add the caveat that Bama has done an amazing job across the OL over the yrs. I would like to give them the benefit of the doubt. I think they can develop into a top 5 OL unit by late Oct/Nov, but as of right now that unit is far from dominant based on the first 3 games of play. I think even Bama fans would think that is a fair assessment.

I think we miss our TE the most. Bama has an offense built for the TE to be a big factor in the run game, and Micheal Williams was a beast in this area. We don't have that dominant run blocker at TE like we've had in the past. Also, in that VT game, we had true freshman like Derrick Henry and Altee Tenpenny out there missing blocks that they shouldn't have. A lot of mistakes have been made this year, but it's not all on the offensive line. Our TE and RB's are vital to our blocking.

As far as defense, lets remember that Deion Belue and Geno Smith have not play much at all this year, Belue because of his turf toe and Smith because of his DUI. Those are our best two CB's iyam. We've been playing guys in the secondary that NO Bama fan wants to see on the field..lol.

My exact quotes when Fulton got burned by Evans the first time...."WHAT THE FUCK IS FULTON DOING ON THE FIELD!!!??"

Then the second time Fulton got burned by Evans..."GET FULTON OFF THE GODDAMN FIELD!!!"

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we miss our TE the most. Bama has an offense built for the TE to be a big factor in the run game, and Micheal Williams was a beast in this area. We don't have that dominant run blocker at TE like we've had in the past. Also, in that VT game, we had true freshman like Derrick Henry and Altee Tenpenny out there missing blocks that they shouldn't have. A lot of mistakes have been made this year, but it's not all on the offensive line. Our TE and RB's are vital to our blocking.

As far as defense, lets remember that Deion Belue and Geno Smith have not play much at all this year, Belue because of his turf toe and Smith because of his DUI. Those are our best two CB's iyam. We've been playing guys in the secondary that NO Bama fan wants to see on the field..lol.

My exact quotes when Fulton got burned by Evans the first time...."WHAT THE FUCK IS FULTON DOING ON THE FIELD!!!??"

Then the second time Fulton got burned by Evans..."GET FULTON OFF THE GODDAMN FIELD!!!"

In Fulton's defense, Evans is about 6'5 and 225lbs. Not too many CB's in the country can cover him......

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-
taking out McCarron Bama ran it 34 times for 119 yds, that is 3.5 yds per. It is still not a good number. Anything below 4 is not getting it done. Bama blew them out, but that was not because of the offense. The offense averaged 3.3 yards per play. I dont think even a Bama fan would try to say that the offense played well in that game. 206 total yards. 11 first downs. 35% 3rd down conversions. 10-23 for 110 yds passing. 21 pts from special teams and defense. Spin it however you like, but that is not good offense.

Again, still using numbers of guys who won't see playing time in non-blowout situations. Only 1 out of the 5 other guys who rushed the ball that day will ever see some carries in non-blowout situations. Not to mention that was the first game of the year which is bound to be sloppy. Yeldon getting 4.4 in a sloppy first game of the season against a decent opponent is nothing to sneeze at.

you realize that 21 of Bama's points had nothing to do with Yeldon, the offensive line, or even the offense at all right?

Bama's offense put up 14 on VT's D. I'd say they matched up pretty well

Alabama was up 21-7 at halftime. Have you ever known a Saban offense to keep the gas pedal on with a safe lead like that? Their offensive game plan changed when they started running away with it regardless of whether the offense was scoring touchdowns left and right or not and there is no denying Alabama was taking starters out.

I'd be surprised if Ole Miss or anyone in Bama's path can contain their o-line.

yeodonie

Small Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know your schedule is poop when Bama folks are trying to convince everyone that Ole Miss is a good team lol

Steelboy84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know your schedule is poop when Bama folks are trying to convince everyone that Ole Miss is a good team lol

Must be tough playing jv teams out there in the soft 12. :lol:

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, still using numbers of guys who won't see playing time in non-blowout situations. Only 1 out of the 5 other guys who rushed the ball that day will ever see some carries in non-blowout situations. Not to mention that was the first game of the year which is bound to be sloppy. Yeldon getting 4.4 in a sloppy first game of the season against a decent opponent is nothing to sneeze at.

Alabama was up 21-7 at halftime. Have you ever known a Saban offense to keep the gas pedal on with a safe lead like that? Their offensive game plan changed when they started running away with it regardless of whether the offense was scoring touchdowns left and right or not and there is no denying Alabama was taking starters out.

what game did you watch?

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Your schedule is much worse than Alabama's. I don't know why you keep talking. Not to mention Ole Miss is a top25 team, which is more than can be said for the majority of your schedule.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

-

That is straight bullshit. First off it was 28-10. Bama had 84 yards of offense and a int at half time. Starters played well in to the 4q. Just using the first 3Qs, bama had 148 yds off of 45 plays. That is a 3.28 average per play lower than the game average. Please save your opinions for story time. Thank you

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is straight bullshit. First off it was 28-10. Bama had 84 yards of offense and a int at half time. Starters played well in to the 4q. Just using the first 3Qs, bama had 148 yds off of 45 plays. That is a 3.28 average per play lower than the game average. Please save your opinions for story time. Thank you

Codaxx, you just came with facts. Shame on you, facts do not bode well on this board....

td2play

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes they can if they can turn it into a shootout. I'm not sure if there is a defense line in the country that is a match for Alabama's offensive line though.

How do you come up with this? V-Tech sure looked like they were a match for them. If this was last years offensive line I would agree with you. Not this year. They have look really suspect in two out of three games.

td2play

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How do you come up with this? V-Tech sure looked like they were a match for them. If this was last years offensive line I would agree with you. Not this year. They have look really suspect in two out of three games.

Sorry didn't see where otheres had called BS. I just read this and thought Bama's O-line is there weakness this season. That and their DB's.

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your schedule is much worse than Alabama's. I don't know why you keep talking. Not to mention Ole Miss is a top25 team, which is more than can be said for the majority of your schedule.

You sure about that?

vs. LSU ? @ Stanford
@ Texas A&M ? vs. UCLA
vs. Ole Miss < @ Washington
Neutral Field Virginia Tech ? @ Arizona
@ Auburn ? @Utah
vs. Arkansas > Washington State
@ Miss. State > @ Colorado
vs. Tennessee < vs. Oregon State
vs. Colorado State < @Virginia
@ Kentucky < vs. Tennessee
vs. Chattanooga < vs. Cal
vs. Georgia State = vs. Nicholls State

tech_iceman

#winning
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ole Miss - 27
Alabama - 21

the two teams combine for 5 total turnovers in this game including a McCarron pick with 46 seconds left to end the game

ps: I picked Bama in pickems

TigerBait1971

Roll Tide? What? FUCK YOU! lolz
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You sure about that?

vs. LSU > @ Stanford
@ Texas A&M ? vs. UCLA