• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Can Ole Miss give Alabama a game on the road?

whomperwauson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, is Ole Miss better than a&m? I don't think so. Thus, it would have to be a really weird day/game for Ole Miss to win this one. Don't see it.

Its not that Ole Miss is better its that Ole Miss matches up better against Bama because they have a much better D line. A&M's offense is very very strong and well rounded which will make us favorites to win most games, however our defense is horrifying with the exception of the occasional play. I think Ole Miss' D line might cause problems for Bama's young offensive line and put alot of pressure on Mccarron, something A&M did not come close to doing. As long as they can execute on special teams and avoid turnovers then they will be able to keep the game close and might be able to pull out a win.

whomperwauson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
VTech has a much better D line than A&M and they gave Bama fits, when Bama's offensive line handled the A&M defense everyone acted like it was amazing instead of noticing that Rice and SHSU also handled the A&M D line pretty well. Ole Miss has some good players on their D line that may make Bama look bad.

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
mccarron's heartbreak over his recent breakup with Ms. musburger will be the factor.....ole miss 30- bama 17

BamaTee1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny that they're trying to pimp a 2+ TD spread team as a quality opponent for Bama. Funny as in sad

It's not Bama's fault they're a 16 point favorite over the #21 team in the country. :noidea: Vegas odds have Oregon as the closest team of all 120 plus teams and they would favor Alabama by 6 over them. I repeat, it's not Bama;s fault! :yahoo:

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes they can if they can turn it into a shootout. I'm not sure if there is a defense line in the country that is a match for Alabama's offensive line though.
-
Virginia Tech's line was more than a match. Given the results of the first 3 games the only line that was not a match was A&M. Alabama ran for 2.53 yards vs VT and 3.14 yds per rush vs Colorado State. Those numbers indicate this is not the Bama OL that we have all come accustomed to watching.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really don't think Bama has played poorly this season, their defense just isn't as strong. Lets be honest, this is the season of offense. If there was ever a chance for a team outside the SEC to win it all it is this year.
-
That is another issue. Evans completely abused the Bama CBs. Saban likes to press outside. Moncrief and Tredwell are as talented a pair of WRs as there is in the SEC. I think Ole Miss gets a couple big plays on the outside, where they have an advantage. Teh question is can Ole Miss run enough to keep Bama's defense honest? I am not so sure they can.

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it will be close in the first 1/2 then BAMA pulls away in the second for a 10-20 pt win.

If they don't most people will praise how good ole miss is when in reality it will confirm the rumors that BAMA is indeed down a bit this year.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-
Virginia Tech's line was more than a match. Given the results of the first 3 games the only line that was not a match was A&M. Alabama ran for 2.53 yards vs VT and 3.14 yds per rush vs Colorado State. Those numbers indicate this is not the Bama OL that we have all come accustomed to watching.

Yeldon still got 4.4 yards per carry, they blew VT out, and they let a bunch of guys with no experience tote it without much success with a big lead (which doesn't mean a lot with backups vs starters). Using McCarron's yards to drive down the average is a little sketchy too since you need to include his -23 to come up with that 2.53 average.

Starters vs starters nobody can't match Alabama's front line.

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeldon still got 4.4 yards per carry, they blew VT out, and they let a bunch of guys with no experience tote it without much success with a big lead (which doesn't mean a lot with backups vs starters). Using McCarron's yards to drive down the average is a little sketchy too since you need to include his -23 to come up with that 2.53 average.

There's a lot of football left. We'll see .....

UNA Lion

Roar Lions & Roll Tide!
Hoopla Cash
$ 756.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No doubt they can give Bama a game, gave them a pretty good one last season. I'm a fuzz worried about it, just depends on which Bama team shows up.

Concur. Think a great many Bama fans (and Coach Saban) are concerned about this game. Bama hasn't gelled as a team yet this season, so this would be an excellent opportunity for them to do so.

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not Bama's fault they're a 16 point favorite over the #21 team in the country. :noidea: Vegas odds have Oregon as the closest team of all 120 plus teams and they would favor Alabama by 6 over them. I repeat, it's not Bama;s fault! :yahoo:

Regardless, why are Alabama fans trying to make Ole Miss out to be a quality win even though they haven't really proven they are a quality team yet?

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

-
taking out McCarron Bama ran it 34 times for 119 yds, that is 3.5 yds per. It is still not a good number. Anything below 4 is not getting it done. Bama blew them out, but that was not because of the offense. The offense averaged 3.3 yards per play. I dont think even a Bama fan would try to say that the offense played well in that game. 206 total yards. 11 first downs. 35% 3rd down conversions. 10-23 for 110 yds passing. 21 pts from special teams and defense. Spin it however you like, but that is not good offense.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Regardless, why are Alabama fans trying to make Ole Miss out to be a quality win even though they haven't really proven they are a quality team yet?
-
Ole Miss is a decent win, no need to say it is not. Bowl team last yr, that you have to believe is a better team this yr given the youth. We can debate if they are 15 or 30th, but at this juncture it is a solid win.

lilchi721

Hoopla Cash
$ 20,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-
That is another issue. Evans completely abused the Bama CBs. Saban likes to press outside. Moncrief and Tredwell are as talented a pair of WRs as there is in the SEC. I think Ole Miss gets a couple big plays on the outside, where they have an advantage. Teh question is can Ole Miss run enough to keep Bama's defense honest? I am not so sure they can.

While Evans had a good day against Bama so did Malcome Kennedy for the Ags as well. Remember Kennedy made the touchdown last year that won the game in Bama last year.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While Evans had a good day against Bama so did Malcome Kennedy for the Ags as well. Remember Kennedy made the touchdown last year that won the game in Bama last year.
-
Understood. I just thought Evans was teh best player on the field that day. Amazingly, he had almost 300 yds and nobody talked about it.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the Georgia fan gushing on Bama. I will add the caveat that Bama has done an amazing job across the OL over the yrs. I would like to give them the benefit of the doubt. I think they can develop into a top 5 OL unit by late Oct/Nov, but as of right now that unit is far from dominant based on the first 3 games of play. I think even Bama fans would think that is a fair assessment.

Last edited by a moderator:

BamaTee1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Didn't know we were? I personally think we'll beat the hell out of them! But they aren't chop liver either; ask Texas!

Bama 38
Ole Miss 14

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't know we were? I personally think we'll beat the hell out of them! But they aren't chop liver either; ask Texas!

Bama 38
Ole Miss 14

No, they're not chopped liver, but Ole Miss isn't as good as advertised. I think if we had Ash starting instead of Derp, we win that game. Bama should take this game with ease. I saw a stat that Ole Miss has won only once in Tuscaloosa in 61 years.

BamaTee1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, they're not chopped liver, but Ole Miss isn't as good as advertised. I think if we had Ash starting instead of Derp, we win that game. Bama should take this game with ease. I saw a stat that Ole Miss has won only once in Tuscaloosa in 61 years.

They've only won 6 in Mississippi!!! :D

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes they can if they can turn it into a shootout. I'm not sure if there is a defense line in the country that is a match for Alabama's offensive line though.

:think: