• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Can JJ and Ward help us get a win today?

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There’s no other way to put it....Carson sucked today. I get that the receivers are suspect. But this was even above and beyond that. He was still ignoring the flats and the dump offs early. When he started to take them they looked sloppy as shit. Something is very much up with him mentally.

You know it’s kind of fucked when the commentators say Peterson said they just have to keep telling him where the throws were at to make in film reviews. And then the commentator says “wait....you still have to tell him that?” Fuck.

I did not expect Wentz to play well. Once I saw that Alson and Algholor was out I had a feeling we were looking at an ugly game. The receivers for todays game were Whiteside who could not get on the field when everyone was healthy. Matthews who up until last week was unemployed and a practice squad player who was just placed on the active roster.

Then you have no Lane Johnson an All Pro RT and early in the game we lost Brandon Brooks who is the best guard in football. Oh and by the way we did not Jordan Howard either. That was a recipe for disaster.

Wentz played bad IMO because he missed the easy plays he was supposed to make. It is funny because right when garbage time started he was 21 for 31 which is 68% of his passes. I am still baffled by the interceptions. I see them as bad throws but I swear the defensive backs ran the patterns better than the receivers. Did anyone notice on the second interception Matthews did not even make a play on the ball until it was picked off?

I remember early in the game where he had an easy outlet pass to Sanders that would got a first down and chose not to take it. This was after he missed the easy pass that would have been a TD. That tells me he has absolutely zero confidence in completing the dump off pass. That tells me it is something they never work on at practice. I don't care what kind of talent you have you still need to work on all the fundamentals. I think losing John Defillipo was as big a deal as losing Reich.

Then there is the offensive coaching staff. The coaching staff was horrible today. Worse than Carson Wentz. The play calling was so bad they should be ashamed of themselves. We had 18 rush attempts when it should have been double that considering the receiving corp that was on the field. Couple that with the fact that Ertz was double teamed all game long. The Seahawks had the playbook down pat. They sniffed out ever screen pass and the receivers could not get open.

The only part of the team that showed up today was the defense. They were outstanding.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know why we don't send Goedert deep a couple times a game. He has good speed and runs well after the catch.

There was not enough time to send him deep. By the time he got behind someone the pressure would get to Wentz.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did not expect Wentz to play well. Once I saw that Alson and Algholor was out I had a feeling we were looking at an ugly game. The receivers for todays game were Whiteside who could not get on the field when everyone was healthy. Matthews who up until last week was unemployed and a practice squad player who was just placed on the active roster.

Then you have no Lane Johnson an All Pro RT and early in the game we lost Brandon Brooks who is the best guard in football. Oh and by the way we did not Jordan Howard either. That was a recipe for disaster.

Wentz played bad IMO because he missed the easy plays he was supposed to make. It is funny because right when garbage time started he was 21 for 31 which is 68% of his passes. I am still baffled by the interceptions. I see them as bad throws but I swear the defensive backs ran the patterns better than the receivers. Did anyone notice on the second interception Matthews did not even make a play on the ball until it was picked off?

I remember early in the game where he had an easy outlet pass to Sanders that would got a first down and chose not to take it. This was after he missed the easy pass that would have been a TD. That tells me he has absolutely zero confidence in completing the dump off pass. That tells me it is something they never work on at practice. I don't care what kind of talent you have you still need to work on all the fundamentals. I think losing John Defillipo was as big a deal as losing Reich.

Then there is the offensive coaching staff. The coaching staff was horrible today. Worse than Carson Wentz. The play calling was so bad they should be ashamed of themselves. We had 18 rush attempts when it should have been double that considering the receiving corp that was on the field. Couple that with the fact that Ertz was double teamed all game long. The Seahawks had the playbook down pat. They sniffed out ever screen pass and the receivers could not get open.

The only part of the team that showed up today was the defense. They were outstanding.

Not only is there no confidence in the outlet pass, but the execution blows donkey dick when he does try to. It’s like a pitcher who can’t throw to first all of the sudden.

Between that and the fact that he seems to sweat butter now and it’s just a mess. The INTs I don’t knock as much because he’s trying to make something happen. It’s just a mess for him right now. Getting Alshon will help settle that some.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not only is there no confidence in the outlet pass, but the execution blows donkey dick when he does try to. It’s like a pitcher who can’t throw to first all of the sudden.

Between that and the fact that he seems to sweat butter now and it’s just a mess. The INTs I don’t knock as much because he’s trying to make something happen. It’s just a mess for him right now. Getting Alshon will help settle that some.

Wentz biggest issue is mental. He has absolutely zero confidence in his receivers. Because of this he feels every single throw needs to be perfect. Here is an analogy based my experience. While it is baseball related I think you can see the point. I have coached my son's baseball teams since he was six up until this year which was his last year of select (travel) ball. Since most of our games were in tournaments I frequently had to deal with pitchers being erratic. My son was a catcher so I used to have him repeatedly talk to the pitchers to keep them calm in the games. The thing that I had to caution my pitchers from often was always trying to make the perfect pitch. When they did this it caused them to be erratic and actually missing their spot. I told them all the time that the best pitchers hit their spots routinely because they always worked at it. It never fails trying to make the perfect pitch is when they actually pitched the worst.

I think that is what is happening with Wentz. Constantly trying to make the perfect pass is causing a lot of issues. It is clear the short pass is now his kryptonite and it is another sign that Doug needs to overhaul his staff. He should regularly work on the short dump off pass and it is clear he does not.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eagles status updates on Carson Wentz, Lane Johnson, Brandon Brooks, others

A few thoughts....

I knew Carson was “favoring” and arm when he came off that abortion of a run play in the second half. I didn’t know it was as bad as being reported. Hopefully just ok. But, then, maybe it wouldn’t hurt to see McCown take the check downs effectively vs Miami.

I wondered if the “illness” and Brandon Brooks was anxiety related. That’s a tough fucking thing to deal with. Interesting how Lane has been his “routine partner” before games for years and, maybe, wasn’t able to be there Sunday?

Dillard was benched?

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, Dillard was benched.

The right side of the line was just horrible yesterday. In defense of Dillard it probably was not easy to switch from LT to RT.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The right side of the line was just horrible yesterday. In defense of Dillard it probably was not easy to switch from LT to RT.

Yeah....and apparently Vitai wasn’t a trained up option at RT either.

We would be guilty of not getting anyone trained up to backup at RT. That’s been exposed.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Great link!!!

I think it analytically lazy to throw so much of this at Wentzs feet....even as I did exactly that during and after the game Sunday.

Orlovsky points out some well explained situations where the receivers were just shit. And, yikes, most of it was JJAW. We’ve already established that he went to Stanford. So the chances he is just dumb are lower. Someone like Alshon knows these things because he’s learned them in the past. We clearly have a WR coach who cannot teach. He needs to be gone yesterday.

All that said....the line that stuck out the most from Orlovsky is how Carson isn’t doing the basic things well this year either at times. Call the reason whatever you want, but between the receivers and QB missing on “ground balls” that falls right at the feet of coaching.

I’m getting ready for Thanksgiving and questioning whether Doug is a good head coach. That’s happened three out of the last four years now. Of course they will probably go on some run now like in the past and cover it all up. But I’ve been remiss to be a poster who says this much....but I think Reich and DeFilipo were coaches that had so much impact on that 2017 team that it’s scary.

djm

KFFL Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have been talking to my friends and been telling them for most of this year something seems off. Not sure I can put my finger on it but we just feel off.

When I have a feeling like that and it lasts this deep into the season the blame has to fall on the coaches. I get players have to execute the plays but there is something else here.

I am just frustrated because with the talent this team has we should be playing much better.

I think Doug is trying to be too loyal to the people that were around when we won the Super Bowl. It is time for him to cut the dead weight we have in players and coaches and get this team back on track.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think that Doug has the authority to do anything. It's all Howie.